Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIS for the second time-waiting time still 20 weeks?Mod warning post 437

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

Getting very close for me now. I'm the 23rd. It would be lovely if it came through next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tantan1305

Just rang them there and they are still working on the 17th of May, Hope they move on soon. Feels like they'll never get on to the 31 st of May

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kmscc

I was so hoping that they would be on the 23rd by now, things are not getting any better, thought i might have it the end of this week, look's like another week or two for me....

kmscc wrote: »
    I was so hoping that they would be on the 23rd by now, things are not getting any better, thought i might have it the end of this week, look's like another week or two for me....
    I know exactly how you feel. I really thought I was going to be sorted this week. Kids back to school from tomorrow, one doesn't have a jumper yet, transition year fees due, plc course fees due, the list is getting longer and longer. I don't know where to turn tbh it's like a bloody nightmare, something from the waltons.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mrsrobby

JCA...im in the same boat...mine is not up for renewal till 13 june...but the list of stuff needed for the kids keeps growing!!

• Advertisement

jca wrote: »
    I know exactly how you feel. I really thought I was going to be sorted this week. Kids back to school from tomorrow, one doesn't have a jumper yet, transition year fees due, plc course fees due, the list is getting longer and longer. I don't know where to turn tbh it's like a bloody nightmare, something from the waltons.
    I know it's mad but with a bit of luck we will be sorted in the next week or so :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Worried123

Jessiejam what did they say to you about calculating it wrong?

Our renewal date was 17th May, we received the back payment today but it seems to be wrong. It's less than last year and there has been no change in circumstances that could explain it.

When I calculate it myself it seems that the only way they could have got the figure they have is if they haven't deducted pension contributions.

I'm so stressed now because we have been waiting nearly 16 weeks for this and can't afford to wait longer now to appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Worried123 wrote: »

Our renewal date was 17th May, we received the back payment today but it seems to be wrong. It's less than last year and there has been no change in circumstances that could explain it.

When I calculate it myself it seems that the only way they could have got the figure they have is if they haven't deducted pension contributions.

I'm so stressed now because we have been waiting nearly 16 weeks for this and can't afford to wait longer now to appeal.
    give them a call and they will tell you the calculations over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Worried123

My husband spent all morning trying to get through, he finally got through about 20 minutes ago and they could see the mistake straight away. They said it should be sorted out in 10 days. I'm so relieved, I was so scared that we would have to go through a lengthy appeal process.

After reading a few posts up, i am getting very disheartened i thought i would be settled up in the next week or so but by all accounts it will be about 3 weeks if not more, they are still working on the 17th, does any body know what order they start ? My date is the 23rd so 16 weeks from the 23rd May is 12th September that is just so hard to take at the minute, things are not good, bills to be paid etc, and i know every body here is in the same boat, it's a sad state of affairs.

• Advertisement

They have started processing 24/5/12 claims.
    They process them in PPS number order.

yabadabado wrote: »
    They have started processing 24/5/12 claims.
    They process them in PPS number order.
    That's my week!!! My pps starts with a 3. Looking like this week or next week, fingers crossed.

My husband spent all morning trying to get through, he finally got through about 20 minutes ago and they could see the mistake straight away. They said it should be sorted out in 10 days. I'm so relieved, I was so scared that we would have to go through a lengthy appeal process.
    In fairness to the Fis staff they're very nice. They don't act like its their money and always make sure you get the max money you're entitled to.

Oh god i hope its sooner rather than later, fingers crossed, i just hope there is not a big bunch of claims for the 23rd.

kmscc wrote: »
    Oh god i hope its sooner rather than later, fingers crossed, i just hope there is not a big bunch of claims for the 23rd.
    +1

jca wrote: »
    +1

Me too, my renewal date is 31st. Its been a long wait but nearly there thank god

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭jessiejam

yabadabado wrote: »
    give them a call and they will tell you the calculations over the phone.
    I rang them and was told to write a letter outlining why I think the calculations were wrong. The man on the phone said that he doesn't have access to my file because I was ringing a call bank?
    Anyway I am off work for 4 weeks so I don't have access to any more recent payslips so i will have to send them the one I printed off originally with my renewal form, thats dated the 12th of April!
    Sending the letter in the morning so I will hope that they will look again at it. I actually calculated it myself and they were way off. I included my own calculations so I hope they can explain how they calculated it. I hope i'm not waiting too long. I was refused btscfa because they now take gross wage so i was relying on the back pay to pay for the school expenses!
    Disaster

I'm hoping they missed that deduction on my payslip too. It would make a lot of sense. I wish they could have told me that earlier over the phone instead of having to post a letter!

jessiejam wrote: »
    I rang them and was told to write a letter outlining why I think the calculations were wrong. The man on the phone said that he doesn't have access to my file because I was ringing a call bank?
    Anyway I am off work for 4 weeks so I don't have access to any more recent payslips so i will have to send them the one I printed off originally with my renewal form, thats dated the 12th of April!
    Sending the letter in the morning so I will hope that they will look again at it. I actually calculated it myself and they were way off. I included my own calculations so I hope they can explain how they calculated it. I hope i'm not waiting too long. I was refused btscfa because they now take gross wage so i was relying on the back pay to pay for the school expenses!
    Disaster
    They must have changed the procedure ,they used to be able to give the info over the phone.
    If you want to post up your details/income you should get helped out fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 kazmad

received letter yesterday saying awarded fis (my claim dated May 17th) but the figure is only half of what we have received per week for last 2 years.

my husband is going to ring them today, hoping they missed something and its not that they have changed the workings.

• Advertisement

I got a payment in bank this morning. Just a single week but I'm delighted. It was a close shave it couldn't have been cut any finer. School back tomorrow!!! Strange I got money on Wednesday I thought they only paid out on Thursday.

delighted for you jca :) nothing for me yet fingers crossed may be the next day or two

After reading the post above by worried123, I have decided to ring again but i'm on hold again for the last 58 minutes, waiting to speak to someone. Hoping if I speak to someone else they might give me the calculations over the phone. I hope all this holding is worth it!

Update: was on hold for 1 hour and 23 minutes, my phone went dead. This is rediculous, it really is a disgrace.

After reading the post above by worried123, I have decided to ring again but i'm on hold again for the last 58 minutes, waiting to speak to someone. Hoping if I speak to someone else they might give me the calculations over the phone. I hope all this holding is worth it!

Update: was on hold for 1 hour and 23 minutes, my phone went dead. This is rediculous, it really is a disgrace.

what number were you ringing? I always get through after a few mins. I tend not to ring before 10 or after 3.30

Tantan1305 wrote: »

what number were you ringing? I always get through after a few mins. I tend not to ring before 10 or after 3.30
    I found most success between 11&12 am. I didn't bother ringing too much this year thanks to all the helpful posters on this thread. Many thanks to you all you kept me sane.

Tantan1305 wrote: »

I rang the 0433340000 number. That was at 3.30 today, so will try again in the morning after 10. What number do you ring?

I rang the 0433340000 number. That was at 3.30 today, so will try again in the morning after 10. What number do you ring?

I ring 1890927770 and the its option 3. Good luck, and I hope they sort you out

Thats the number I have rang before and never waited much longer than 5 mins.I was told by a worker there the best time to ring was betwwen 3 - 5 as the phone calls usually died off then compared to the morning time.
    Anytime after 5 would be near impossible to get an answer.

Thanks for all your help guys. I'm on hold again there now hopefully someone will be able to run through the calculations with me. Sorry about all the ranting yesterday. :o

I will keep you posted..if I get through!

• Advertisement

Got the back money this morning:D:D:D. Sorry to gloat but I'm delighted. Hope everyone gets sorted soon.

Advertisement