Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All GMIT accommodation related stuff thread

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Blue Badger

I'd say do go for glasán! I spent a few years there including my final and always found it to be great. You can't beat the location, there are plenty of people to meet, and studying there really isn't hard unless you're unlucky enough to end up with absolute party animals. And given that you'd be directly opposite the library, it's so so easy to go across the road for getting work done.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Liamo290

Cuirt Na rasai-great accomidation in general and quiet enough but good for making friends if your willing to put yourself out there
    Tir Na gcappal- next door to Cuirt Na Rasai, smaller than Cuirt na Rasai but again very easy to make friends here too
    glasan- easiest place to make friends but wouldn't reccomend as it is literally just a student party village and people always move out after the first year even though it is a 2 min walk from college and nice big house. Would avoid glasan

Go with one of the first two if u wanna get study done is my advice :)

Thank you I really appreciate it :) I was just wondering aswell by any chance would you know if you have to pay student accomodation by two big lump sumps or is it possible to work out a plan and pay monthly or weekly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DarlingLouLou

Liamo290 wrote: »
    Thank you I really appreciate it :) I was just wondering aswell by any chance would you know if you have to pay student accomodation by two big lump sumps or is it possible to work out a plan and pay monthly or weekly?

Well I know in Cuirt na Rasai you can pay either my semester which is two payments or monthly, it works out cheaper to pay by semester
    Don't know about the others im afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Liamo290

I found a house very close to GMIT but the landlord will only accept 5 people moving in together if anyone is interested pm me please

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ko3p

Badly stuck here, everywhere seems to be booked out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Ye need to be getting in line for the Advertiser classifieds if youre having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lissarissa

I found a house very close to GMIT but the landlord will only accept 5 people moving in together if anyone is interested pm me please

Are you still looking for people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Try this person beya2009, and kells117, and Damullen97, and FrazzledDazzle.

A number of properties listed in the Advertiser for rent this week. A few of which are in the general GMIT area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 inaphickle

Hello!

I'm hoping to go to GMIT (Cluain Mhuire Campus) in September 2016, would any past or present students have any advice regarding accommodation for this campus? I don't drive yet and I see that all the student accoms aren't super close and they're already booking up!

Not sure if I'm better off waiting to see if I get lucky with a nearby shared house closer to Sept or just booking far away student accom now, I've never lived in Galway before. Any advice would be much appreciated!

• Advertisement

Cuirt na Rasai is on the 403 bus route, this bus also passes Cluain Mhuire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Anyone looking for accom for this coming September? I will be needing accom and would like someone to share with, help split the bills etc. pm me!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sackamano

Hey all, this seems to be fairly quiet but worth a shot, somewhat mature student returning to GMIT in september, currently a chef(if that gets me some bonus points! ) but going back doing finance and economics, looking for a house for the academic year, def up for the craic just not hardcore party heads, have a car so dosent have to be too close. Cheers

Advertisement