Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Watercooling Cosmos

• 27-02-2008 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

Im planning on watercooling my Cosmos case, ive been looking through all the threads and have a good idea of the components needed, tubing, pump, res, rad, blocks, anything else???? (Feel free to post any components you think would be worth a mention).

I was just wondering if anyone has used this case for watercooling before and if so what layout would be the best?

A couple of questions,

Do i need a 120.3 rad or would i be able to use a 120.2 rad?

How many loops are needed to effectively cool, QX6700 O.C @2.99, 8800GTX, NB, SB, Mosfets. (too much for a first time watercooling?)

Is it worth putting the NB, SB and Mosfets into a Watercooling loop?

When buying all the components, is there a one stop shop, or buy from severl e-tailers?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

If you want to do this properly you will be looking at dual loops. A 120.3 for the GFX and SB, you might get away with a 120.2 for the rest but id go with 120.3 to be safe.

I would also reccomend you sign up for a forum called extremesystems, you can get some really good advice and tips there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Cheers, Ill register at lunch time and check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

i'm not sure if you'd fit a triple into the cosmos maybe have a look at this, it's a buid log for a cosmos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

go for 1 pa120.3 for gfx,nb,sb,mosfot and leave a 120.2 on the cpu or maby a 160

Advertisement