Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Danger Mouse is coming back!

• 17-06-2014 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

pp0302danger-mouse-posters.jpg

CBBC has commissioned a new series of Danger Mouse due to air in 2015. The series will be co-produced and animated by the Dublin company Boulder Media.

Boulder Media has been operating in Dublin for 14 years and employs around 85 people.

http://thedailyedge.thejournal.ie/danger-mouse-remake-dublin-boulder-1522739-Jun2014/
    CBBC has revived Cosgrove Hall's Danger Mouse for a 52-episode new series to air in 2015...

Read more: http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/danger-mouse/30949/danger-mouse-returning-to-television#ixzz34uzbqOYs

He's the greatest
    He's fantastic
    Wherever there's danger he'll be there ...

It doesn't say if David Jason is going to return as the voice of DM. Terry Scott won't be reprising his role as Penfold, because he died in 1994.

Danger Mouse was terrific IMO, the jewel in the crown of Cosgrove Hall. It'll be tough to capture the magic of the original, but it's worth a try. It'll probably get more attention from the Grown-Ups than from the kids.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,229 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Jaysus. Is the entertainment industry entirely incapable of conceiving new ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I used to love watching Danger Mouse with my brother on Saturday mornings, I look forward to watching it in 2015 with my little one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Si, Barone!

Looking forward to it (my nephew and niece will love it).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I loved the original! Here's hoping the new one is good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh jesus no

just let it be, please just let it be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Some more news on the new Danger Mouse series

Danger Mouse is ... Alexander Armstrong.

Penfold is ... The Actor Kevin Eldon

And Dave Lamb will narrate

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a597346/alexander-armstrong-to-play-danger-mouse-in-new-series.html#~oQauXbF95wlZzO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I like Alexander Armstrong, and I like Kevin Eldon. Still dreading the remake. It's going to be an unfunny, middle of the road mess. The BBC won't care though because they'll be lots of female characters in it, and diversity beats content everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,219 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Skid X wrote: »

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a597346/alexander-armstrong-to-play-danger-mouse-in-new-series.html#~oQauXbF95wlZzO

Dave Lamb. Ooh, that could ruin it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I like Alexander Armstrong, and I like Kevin Eldon. Still dreading the remake. It's going to be an unfunny, middle of the road mess. The BBC won't care though because they'll be lots of female characters in it, and diversity beats content everytime.

No need to be that negative... :o:o:o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Hopefully they won't destroy it, would love a bit of quality DM action.
    If they give it the 3D treatment that seems to be standard for cartoon revivals, it will be a sad sad day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

From Come Dine With Me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I loved this as a child as u can see from my avatar ,, I loved penfold . I wonder if David Jason will do voices

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    From Come Dine With Me?

Yep, hopefully he'll be more successful on DM than he was on CBeebies' Waybuloo, where he only lasted one episode
    BBC pre-school series Waybuloo has dropped Come Dine with Me's Dave Lamb as its narrator following complaints on the show's blog that his voiceovers were "horrendous", "sarcastic" and even "aggressive".

The CBeebies programme, featuring the chilled-out yoga-practising Piplings, reverted to its original commentary-free format after concerned parents claimed that Lamb - known for his acerbic put-downs on Channel 4's competitive cookery show - had frightened their toddlers, even reducing some to tears.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2012-01-11/aggressive-come-dine-with-me-narrator-dave-lamb-dropped-from-waybuloo

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

I just watched an episode on youtube , DM and penfold had been abducted by aliens and the aliens were experimenting on them,
    DM was restrained and this machine that had 2 giant hands with gloves, punding one fist into the other palm was aproaching penfold and DM asks the alien what is it going to do to penfold.

Alien says its about to relieve him of his ammmm living daylights i believe you call them.

Im after wetting myself , gf thinks i have lost it , loved this back in the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Crickey! Stephen Fry joins cast to play

tve9251-19850214-1454.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 71,590 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Not forgetting Richard 'That Ain't Bread' Osman as Professor Strontium Jellyfishowitz :D

Looks good. Nice to see the theme tune still intact.

Edit: Loved Penfold's Chewbacca homage :)

Also,
    Actress Lena Headey (Game of Thrones, Dredd) and leading comedian, satirical presenter and talk show host John Oliver (Last Week Tonight with John Oliver) are set to join the multi-talented voice cast of the eagerly awaited new animated series of Danger Mouse, it was announced today at Comic-Com 2015 in San Diego.

Lena Headey is set to provide the super-smart tones of US Secret Agent Jeopardy Mouse, while Oliver will be breathing life into mad scientist wolf Dr Augustus P Crumhorn III. Danger Mouse will be shown on CBBC in the autumn.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2015/danger-mouse-cast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

As the thread has been bumped, the original has been on Netflix a few weeks now.

They should put DM on BBC One at 5.45 (tighten up Pointless at the same time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭JaseBelleVie

Oh my god! Is it wrong that I got equal parts nostalgic/excited, and equal parts misty-eyed at remembering one of my absolutely favourite cartoons from when I was a kid? Many a happy morning spent in pyjamas, eating cereal and watching DM. Either on the telly, or on video (even video is making me feel nostalgic!).

And I don't care how old I am now, I am so watching this when it comes out! And I might watch the original series a little just to have another blast of nostalgia.

EDIT: Also, that teaser video was absolutely f*cking epic!

• Advertisement

He's the greatest!
    He's fantastic!
    He's on Monday 28th. September at 6pm on CBBC!

:)

He's the greatest!
    He's fantastic!
    He's on Monday 28th. September at 6pm on CBBC!

:)

Hurrah! I love the videos they have released so far. Some great casting and humour, it seems to have captured the feel of the original series well. Fingers crossed for the full episodes.

To paraphhrase Marty McFly; I don't know if the Kids are ready for this, but their Parents, Uncles and Aunts are going to love it!

BUMP!

CBBC 6 PM Monday to Friday, set your videos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

BUMP!

CBBC 6 PM Monday to Friday, set your videos

Set to record 50 episodes :)
    Its on 613 on sky.

The memories! Now to impose them on my son ;)

Here we go! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Here we go! :D

I was torn, watch the news and cancel DS9 or DM

I cancelled DS9 ...if I missed anything crucial I will blame you forever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I have never seen the old series. So far this new episode is good.

Wow, that seemed to go at 100 miles per hour. So many bright colours and rapid scene changes.

I liked it, the animation was class and there was lots for grown ups to enjoy. The vocal cast were all very good. I don't know what the average CBBC viewer will make of it, but I am relieved that the makers have done a decent job of DM's return.

Wow, that seemed to go at 100 miles per hour. So many bright colours and rapid scene changes.

I liked it, the animation was class and there was lots for grown ups to enjoy. The vocal cast were all very good. I don't know what the average CBBC viewer will make of it, but I am relieved that the makers have done a decent job of DM's return.

Xander's voice suited Danger Mouse too. An Irish company actually worked on the new series (Boulder Media) - they were talking to Tubbsy Tubridy this morning :)

• Advertisement

I only have one criticism of it - I think 25 mins (well 22 with the credits removed) is too long. 15 mins would be just fine. It felt like one of those modern films where its all action and you get tired and slightly deaf at about 90 mins then realise its 135 mins long.

Edit - its 15 mins from tomorrow, they read my mind :)

Advertisement