Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Living Social changed expiry date

• 08-12-2012 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭

I bought a voucher for a tea shop from Living Social and printed the voucher straight away. It's been hanging on the fridge since.
    It very clearly says that the promotional value expires on December 31st, 2012.

However on Friday I received an email from Living Social advising me that my voucher was expiring on December 10 :eek: and stating "If this no longer suits your plans, and you have not used your voucher yet, please reply to this email by the 10/12/12 and our Customer Services will be happy to assist."

Of course I fired off a reply straight away querying the change of date but haven't heard from them yet. I also logged into Living Social and they have changed the voucher in the "My vouchers" section. I find this incredibly sneeky and am wondering what my rights are.
    Tried to ring the shop but nobody answered. Will ring LS on Monday, but would like some pointers from others here where I stand with this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I had a similar experience with a voucher from LS and got the same kind of email (voucher was for a business that was open all year when the deal was on but subsequently changed to Summer opening only). LivingSocial refunded the money no bother within a few days as the new expiration date didn't suit me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

As they didn't reply to my mail, I just called them and they are refunding my money. Still furious I had to be on hold for 15 minutes for that and I still believe its wrong to change the contract I had with them at such short notice.

Won't be using them again, have stopped the mail subscription, but it doesn't seem to be possible to delete the account altogether :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

As they didn't reply to my mail, I just called them and they are refunding my money. Still furious I had to be on hold for 15 minutes for that and I still believe its wrong to change the contract I had with them at such short notice.

Won't be using them again, have stopped the mail subscription, but it doesn't seem to be possible to delete the account altogether :mad:

Happened me as well with a car valet. its the seller that changes things not LS.
    My guy decided not to honour any more vouchers and to be honest I couldnt blame him.
    It was a full valet for 45 euro. He got 22.50 and the valet took 4 hours and came to me. Definitely working at a loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I hate the phrase but first world problem, you got your money back, what's the issue?

Advertisement