Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Radio

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Yet again TippFm are boasting of the listener figures.I cant figure out why they are so tight on presenters,if a good JNLR book means more advertising.I things are so good,why team up with Clare FM.If the JNLR book is the bible for the advertisers,why are Tipp FM in the position they are in.The former breakfast presenter on his new online radio site,that "Tipp FM couldnt afford him any more".I have heard presenters on twice in the one day.Things just dont add up..........

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭yes chance

DT100 wrote: »
    Yet again TippFm are boasting of the listener figures.I cant figure out why they are so tight on presenters,if a good JNLR book means more advertising.I things are so good,why team up with Clare FM.If the JNLR book is the bible for the advertisers,why are Tipp FM in the position they are in.The former breakfast presenter on his new online radio site,that "Tipp FM couldnt afford him any more".I have heard presenters on twice in the one day.Things just dont add up..........
    they are but all the radios stations are spinning the JNLR to suit them
    The former breakfast presenter on his new online radio site,that "Tipp FM couldnt afford him any more".I
    where is that. Is it a full time radio station? ok found it

Edit The listen now button does not work.? There are shows scheduled for all day. Is it just on in morning?

That "real good radio" online is live every morning from 7am to 10....Then as far as I know its auto play apart from a country show some evening during the week.Fair play to him if he can make a living from it.I t has some sponsorship,so there must be a few bob in it.You have to give credit to a guy for trying.

That "real good radio" online is live every morning from 7am to 10....Then as far as I know its auto play apart from a country show some evening during the week.Fair play to him if he can make a living from it.I t has some sponsorship,so there must be a few bob in it.You have to give credit to a guy for trying.
    the listen now does not work for me anyway

Go to the #2 page of this thread....Click on the link there...scroll down to listen here on an apple device...I am not on an apple device,but it works for me there.

• Advertisement

What really annoys me about tipp fm is their 'local' stance. ....
    Recently when bad weather stopped flights to london a local story was 'tipperary people heading to london may face delays etc' paraphrasing cannot recall exact words

Go to the #2 page of this thread....Click on the link there...scroll down to listen here on an apple device...I am not on an apple device,but it works for me there.
    that plays ok thanks

Its so bland to listen to now,even the presenters sound bored.Pity nothing in Tipp to compete with them.Tipp deserves better than this:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Does anyone know where the new Gaa commentator on Tipp FM is from?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

tippspur wrote: »

He is good isnt he.
    Dont know where he is from.

I like Carol Power. I met her once at whenn Tipp fm were broadcasting from Topaz in cashel. She is a kind caring woman.
    She was eating a big mac and was really normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

PacMan wrote: »

He is good isnt he.

I like Carol Power. I met her once at whenn Tipp fm were broadcasting from Topaz in cashel. She is a kind caring woman.
    Sport has def improved. The music choices continue to bewilder. Too many country and Western songs for my liking. And as for the green scene **** that I get the last 5 mins of on a Monday night......Jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

news is very bad at weekends.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭PacMan

Put carol on at weekends.
    She has a sexy voice, and talks about her life.
    I remember on one occasion she was talking about a picnic she had with her friends and their dollies on a hill.
    The ants ate all the food. It was so funny they way she described it. ha Ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭ Danielle Large Mirror

Put carol on at weekends.
    She has a sexy voice, and talks about her life.
    I remember on one occasion she was talking about a picnic she had with her friends and their dollies on a hill.
    The ants ate all the food. It was so funny they way she described it. ha Ha.

Not all of it I dont think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

tippspur wrote: »

Is it Stephen Long that is doing it. I think he is from Waterford City or close enough to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Jim Bowen

Black Suir wrote: »

Is it Stephen Long that is doing it. I think he is from Waterford City or close enough to it.
    I see that the Irish Press have sold Tipp Fm to a consortium of businessmen.

Jim Bowen wrote: »

I think a lot of Tipp FM programmes are not live anymore,no time checks,no invitation to ring in requests or anything like that.Maybe a community station would be good for clonmel...Pity the way things have gone,with clare being part of tipp fm,could they not have kept it to themselves? Radio Tipp or Clonmel would be better maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Black Suir wrote: »
    Steven Byrne I think his name is.

DT100 wrote: »
    I think a lot of Tipp FM programmes are not live anymore,no time checks,no invitation to ring in requests or anything like that.Maybe a community station would be good for clonmel...Pity the way things have gone,with clare being part of tipp fm,could they not have kept it to themselves? Radio Tipp or Clonmel would be better maybe.
    about 2-3 weeks ago on a Sunday morning the classical music broke for news. During the news the intro to the second half could be heard... for a few secs, someone must have pressed the wrong button. If the guy doing the classical show was there he would know the news was still on

Ans speaking of news there should be nine locally produced news bulletins between 9am and 5pm sat /sun with local news each time. is there?.

He is good isnt he.

what di d you expect her to be?

• Advertisement

where did you see this? EDIT OK found it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Xenophile

With such close co-operation between Clare and Tipp FM. I feel sure that there is a good case to be made for community radio for both Ennis and Clonmel.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Xenophile wrote: »
    With such close co-operation between Clare and Tipp FM. I feel sure that there is a good case to be made for community radio for both Ennis and Clonmel.
    what exactly do you mean by community radio? non commercial/voluntary?

LoveCoke wrote: »
    what exactly do you mean by community radio? non commercial/voluntary?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Community radio is a radio service offering a third model of radio broadcasting in addition to commercial and public broadcasting. Community stations serve geographic communities and communities of interest. They broadcast content that is popular and relevant to a local, specific audience but is often overlooked by commercial or mass-media broadcasters. Community radio stations are operated, owned, and influenced by the communities they serve. They are generally nonprofit and provide a mechanism for enabling individuals, groups, and communities to tell their own stories, to share experiences and, in a media-rich world, to become creators and contributors of media.

Here is the link to Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_radio

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

I dont think Clonmel would have any people interested in setting up a Community Radio station..It is very expensive.It would have limited advertising.Its something like only 50 per cent of costs can be raised by advertising,it would mean lots of fund raising.In these times,it would have to be real radio fanatics who would even think about doing it.

I dont think Clonmel would have any people interested in setting up a Community Radio station..It is very expensive.It would have limited advertising.Its something like only 50 per cent of costs can be raised by advertising,it would mean lots of fund raising.In these times,it would have to be real radio fanatics who would even think about doing it.

With Clonmel Borough Council due to be abolished (in my opinion no harm as what they allowed happen to the river is a disgrace).

If you want a real change in politics it must start in the local community.

Community radio would have to be run by volunteers with no political agenda , the only exception being that of Community Government.

There are many intelligent young people currently unemployed, also many early retired, also many people in all walks of life who would like the opportunity to contribute to the community.

Firstly you must have the vision and after that comes commitment.

Xenophile wrote: »
    With Clonmel Borough Council due to be abolished (in my opinion no harm as what they allowed happen to the river is a disgrace).

If you want a real change in politics it must start in the local community.

Community radio would have to be run by volunteers with no political agenda , the only exception being that of Community Government.

There are many intelligent young people currently unemployed, also many early retired, also many people in all walks of life who would like the opportunity to contribute to the community.

Firstly you must have the vision and after that comes commitment.
    then you need a licence

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

There was a pirate radio station in Clonmel many moons ago... Lads do keep up, the Net is the way forward.

iceage wrote: »
    There was a pirate radio station in Clonmel many moons ago... Lads do keep up, the Net is the way forward.
    that is illega l now though isn't it? The pirate closed down when the law changed

• Advertisement

iceage wrote: »
    1. Yes there was,Theres a difference between a pirate,and a legal community Radio station.The net may be the way forward,but just because you can broadcast from the likes of ShoutCast,Caster FM etc,you still have to pay royalties on the music you play....so money is still an issue

Advertisement