Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Euro 2012 Betting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 firstsport

De Dannan wrote: »
    England special on Will Hill

Gerrard to play every minute of every group match
    NO 13/8
    surely he will be subbed at some stage, even for 5 mins :)

That looks like a very interesting bet, cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

De Dannan wrote: »
    England special on Will Hill

Gerrard to play every minute of every group match
    NO 13/8
    surely he will be subbed at some stage, even for 5 mins :)
    between being the captain and lampards injury and that england may not get out of the group i wouldnt be too sure there is value there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

GOALSCORER BETS
    STAT ATTACK: the last 4 European Championships the top goalscorer was as follows (Villa – 4 goals in 08) (Baros – 5 goals in 04) (Kluivert/Milosevic – 5 goals in 00) (Shearer – 5 goals in 96). So 5 goals is usually enough to finish top goalscorer in this tournament. Taking that into account a team in a weak group could heavily defeat a team and maybe a goal in the ¼ finals could be enough to finish top goalscoer. So my tips are as follows:
    A lot of people’s outside tip for top goalscorer for the tournament Robert Lewandowski looks a terrific bet to be Poland’s top goalscorer at 13/8 after coming off a superb season for Dortmund where he scored 30 goals in total.
    Mario Gomez at 8/1 has to be considered. I fancy Germany to go all the way to the final but there are question marks about which Gomez turns up.

Finalists
    I did a trial run of the groups and I think it will be a Germany/ Holland final at 10/1

Great Value Bets
    You would agree it is very likely Spain will win group C and I think England will finish runners up in Group D… if that is the case England will face Spain in the ¼ finals… Where I can see only one winner…. England – Stage Of Elimination Quarter Finals 15/8 looks tremendous value

GROUP A
    I expect Russia to win this group… They are the most cohesive team as the majority of their players play together at club level (10 of the expected started XI play for Zenit or CSKA). Russia to win group at 11/8
    I read the Zonal marking piece on all the teams and the other teams in the group don’t look up to much. Both Greece and Poland will play very negative counter attacking football. Czech Republic have Milan Baros up front ffs. LOL
    I fancy Poland to go through in 2nd, they have a few decent players in the team and a genuine goalscorer up front. Poland to qualify at 4/6 looks a safe enough bet, esp when you factor in they are one of the home nations, and they usually do well.
    OUTSIDE BET Czech Republic lowest scoring team at 9/1…. STAT Czechs scored the fewest goals in the qualifying groups of all the times participating (12 goals in 8 matches)

GROUP B
    The group of death…. Straight off the bat I’m going to go with this group to be the highest scoring group…. This group features the teams who scored the most goals in the qualifying stages (Holland – 37 and Germany – 34 goals) in addition to a dangerous Portuguese team with Ronaldo (coming off the season he has just had)… 1st bet Highest Scoring Group – Group B 13/8
    Germany’s team on paper looks fantastic (they cruised the qualifying – 10 wins out of 10 – 34 goals scored) they were close in 2010 and I think they’ll win it here. They are my tip… I think they’ll win the group . Nice price on Germany to win the group at 11/10.
    Like the look of Ronaldo to be Portugal’s Top Goalscorer at 11/8 Nice safe bet there, Portugal have Postiga up top, he’s no good. Up to Ronnie to deliver the goals…
    Outsider bet…. As stated this is the group of death, and the way the fixtures have been lined up I can see Denmark losing all 3 games… Outside bet Denmark Exact points – 0 at 11/4

GROUP C
    No surprises here… Spain will win this group with Italy coming 2nd. No value in backing Spain to win the group at 8/15 so I’ll go with Italy to qualify at 8/11.
    If we manage a goal it’s going to be Robbie Keane isn’t it. Scored a couple in our last makor tournament (WC 2002) and he does have a good record for Ireland…. Also on penalties… So Robbie Keane top goalscorer for Ireland at 11/4 looks a good bet
    I think of all the groups this group has the biggest gulf in quality between the top 2 seeds and the other teams…. So I will do a dual forecast of Spain & Italy at 10/11.

GROUP D
    I expect France to just edge out England here… possibly on goal difference…. The 1st game between England and France is the key match, expect it to be very cagey. I think France are a better offensive unit and they will outscore England in the other 2 games should the 1st game be a draw. Going with France as group winners at 6/4.
    Again I’m looking at the Ukraine 1st XI and it looks piss poor. Also the preparations have been hampered by an outbreak of food poisoning so they are also worth a small wager as lowest scoring team at 11/1
    A bet I really like the look of and one I’ll be doing myself is Ashley Young top English scorer at 13/2. Cracking price imo. We all know Rooney is missing the 1st two games and in the warm up games he has played very close to the striker (be it Carroll or Welbeck) He also has developed a very decent internation record (6 goals since since 2011) and he finished the season in good goalscoring form for Man Utd.

TO WIN
    Germany to win Euro 2012 3/1… For me the best team out there….. Also the fact they are in such a difficult group to start with will work in their favour I believe when it gets to the KO stages.

PLAYER OF THE TOURNAMENT
    Mesut Ozil – 11/1 It is his time to shine… was the real breakout star of the last world Cup and he had an impressive qualifying… The way Germany are set up is for him.. Schweni and Khedira protecting…. Licence to cause havoc…
    Outside bet is Benzema at 25/1 If France get all the way to the finals he’ll be a large part of it…. Came of age for Madrid last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭De Dannan

Formation wrote: »
    between being the captain and lampards injury and that england may not get out of the group i wouldnt be too sure there is value there.

I think i'll stick a few quid on it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 21 firstsport

Betfair just texted me to offer 17/1 on Ronaldo as top scorer. No doubt he will bag a few goals as it usually goes through him, just not sure how long Portugal will be in the tournament
    I still cant decide if its worth it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

firstsport wrote: »
    Betfair just texted me to offer 17/1 on Ronaldo as top scorer. No doubt he will bag a few goals as it usually goes through him, just not sure how long Portugal will be in the tournament
    I still cant decide if its worth it !

Avoid, Ronaldo doesnt do it for Portugal and Portugal wont get out of the group imo.

Anyone think that Klose will start ahead of Gomez? If so the 25-1 for him to be top-scorer looks good with 365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Can anyone point me to Finish Top Of Group bet on Paddy Poorer? I can find finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th but not the one I want! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

mike65 wrote: »
    Can anyone point me to Finish Top Of Group bet on Paddy Poorer? I can find finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th but not the one I want! :mad:
    It's under Group Betting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

What do people think of Ireland to Concede the Least Amount of Goals at Euro 2012 @ 18/1? (with PP)
    We'v only concede 3 goals in our last 14 games-with 11 clean sheets

...or am I wearing green tinted glasses when looking at this?

Also like:
    Team Group Goals Conceded- Ukraine- Over 3.5 @ 8/11
    Team Group Goals Conceded- Ireland- Under 5.5 @ 8/15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Did the group winner with Paddy Power. Like my chances of at least 3 of them coming in so I'd get my money back in that case
    GROUP A: Russia 11/8
    GROUP B: Germany 11/10
    GROUP C: Spain 8/15
    GROUP D: France 6/5
    Works out at just over 18/1... 20 quid on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Shane St. wrote: »
    Did the group winner with Paddy Power. Like my chances of at least 3 of them coming in so I'd get my money back in that case
    GROUP A: Russia 11/8
    GROUP B: Germany 11/10
    GROUP C: Spain 8/15
    GROUP D: France 6/5
    Works out at just over 18/1... 20 quid on it

I did the same after much lurking here and a bit of research. I'm a complete novice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

If anyone on this thread is interested in betting some play money on the Euros and winning real cash - there's a new site launched yesterday you can do that on.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056662380

www.bragbet.com

It's only in beta testing and hence the 'bet play money win cash' offer, after the euros it'll go into full real-money mode for the premiership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Just did a nice treble. Benzema, jelavic and Lewandowski to be top scorer for their team. €10 returns €491

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Decided to go with Benzema top scorer and France to win. 2 singles. Will place in shop tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

4 bets so far for me
    Germany 6/1 €13
    France 10/1 €5
    Russia, Germany, Spain, France to win their groups...18/1 €10 Money back if only 3 correct
    Lewandowski top scorer 20/1 €5

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Sir Vival

1st T & C on PaddyPower offer of: Place a 4-fold Accumulator on the four Euro 2012 group winners and if exactly one leg lets you down, we'll refund your losing bet!

is.... Applies to Mobile bets and text betting only.

What's text betting..? and I presume this means bets placed on the regular website don't qualify...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Sir Vival wrote: »
    1st T & C on PaddyPower offer of: Place a 4-fold Accumulator on the four Euro 2012 group winners and if exactly one leg lets you down, we'll refund your losing bet!

What's text betting..? and I presume this means bets placed on the regular website don't qualify...

:mad: ah the sneaky cuunts...surely online bets are included :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

edanto wrote: »
    If anyone on this thread is interested in betting some play money on the Euros and winning real cash - there's a new site launched yesterday you can do that on.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056662380

www.bragbet.com

It's only in beta testing and hence the 'bet play money win cash' offer, after the euros it'll go into full real-money mode for the premiership.

Just signed up there if anyone wants to join a team send me a pm with your email

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭gnella

my full list of ante-post bets

1.jakub blaszczykowski top scorer 320.00- 0.5 pt
    2.jakub blaszczykowski e/w 1,2,3,4. top scorer 44.00- 0.5pt
    3.2 or more matches to go to penos 3.00- 1pt
    4.benzema top scorer 13.00- 1pt
    5.portugal to concede most goals 17.00- 1pt
    6.sweden to concede most goals 11.00- 1pt
    7.3 or more matches to go to penos 8.50- 1pt
    8.italy to concede least goals 10.00- 1pt
    9.greece to concede least goals 11.00- 1pt
    10.winner france 11.00- 1pt
    11.player of tournament nasri 67.00- 1pt
    12.player of tournament schweinsteiger19.00- 1pt
    13.top scorer for croatia,kranjcar 15.00- 1pt
    14.top scorer for italy,cassano 7.00- 1pt
    15.top scorer for ireland,keane 4.33- 1pt
    16.top scorer for england,gerrard 9.00- 1pt
    17.top scorer for ukraine,yarmalenko 6.50- 1pt
    18.top scorer for sweden,larsson 15.00- 1pt
    19. 12-15 headed goals 2.25- 1pt
    20.total corners under 316.5, 1.73- 1pt

TOTAL OUTLAY 19 pts

best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Garzorico

France outright @12/1
    Benzema Top Scorer win @ 20/1
    France/Benzema double @ 100/1
    Ronaldo Top Scorer win @14/1
    Ibrahimovic Top Scorer e/w @50/1
    Germany outright @6/1 (enhanced special on PP)
    Russia outright @20/1
    Ireland to qualify from group @10/3

jaysis I hate the Euros.:D

I'll be backing Torres and Lewandowski to score anytime in each of their games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

@ sir vival

Correct, this will catch out a lot of people who don't read the t & c' s. Has to be placed via phone. ( not ringing in the bet)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

@ sir vival

Correct, this will catch out a lot of people who don't read the t & c' s. Has to be placed via phone. ( not ringing in the bet)

**** did mine online, as I said total novice.
    I see bet fair have an offer on where they will refund your first bet if its at least £35 if you make a new account. What's the catch? Cant you just sign up fire on a bet on germany to win and no sweat if it screws up? (Could you withdraw it to your bank account?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

I see bet fair have an offer on where they will refund your first bet if its at least £35 if you make a new account. What's the catch? Cant you just sign up fire on a bet on germany to win and no sweat if it screws up? (Could you withdraw it to your bank account?)

There's always a catch of sorts. Read the terms!! Usually you cant just withdraw, you have to stake so much of your winnings repeatedly until you lose it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

I also didn't see the t&cs so I rang up told them it was genuine mistake and asked that if they can refund I will do the same bet on my iphone.
    Just put a note on the account for it not to happen again and was refunded.
    Give it a try I say if you havent asked for a refund on a bet before its taken place Im sure theyl see it as a genuine mistake and refund you.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

fook
    me too just now

mailburner wrote: »
    fook
    me too just now

rang up and got it changed
    not too bad
    tenner wins me 191 hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DiarmuidBoy89

Just place my two bets on France outright e/w @ 10/1
    And Kherzkhov top goal scorer e/w @ 33/1

all my online ones done

10 ger spa russ france to top groups to win 191
    2.50 to win 815 top team scorers jelly, ibra, ron, benzema, lewand

and tomorrow
    6ew holland 7s (lads)
    4ew france 10s (pp)

a couple of euro on most of these
    portugal to concede most goals 16s love that price

france benzema 33s lads france rvp 80s boyles
    holland rvp 25s (lads) holland benzema 100/1 (pp)

really cant believe im backing france but its a soft group for them
    and with italy as possible qf opponents it does look like they'll
    get to the semis where germany await if they top their group

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭heliocentrist

Sir Vival wrote: »

When I go here: http://www.paddypower.com/bet/money-back-specials#area=quicklinks

and select Conditions, I get the following:

r2m2l0.png

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Just in passing I think several sides are being over/under rated.

I think Denmark,Sweden, Greece, Czech Rep and Croatia could all cause alot of upsets.

Teams I really don't fancy are:

Italy, Russia, Ukraine and Portugal.

I think Ibrahimovich at 50-1 looks good for top scorer.

Advertisement