Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shameless US (* US Pace *)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Are they going with a second season of this? Seems to be a fairly marmite show for the US audience judging by the couple of reviews I've read.

I was very wary of it at first but it's enjoyable and manages to adapt the stories just enough to make them somewhat believable (although not as much as the UK one)...
    I have to wonder if they'll stick to simply transplanting plots and scripts given that they don't have the constraints of cast members leaving which the UK series had to contend with...

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

A screener of the first episode of season 2 is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Much better start, did they do that story in the UK version? I don't remember UK Frank ever sinking to the depths US Frank is sinking.

Overall the shows main focus seems to be appreciating just how hot that Emily Rossum is.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Much better start, did they do that story in the UK version? I don't remember UK Frank ever sinking to the depths US Frank is sinking.

Overall the shows main focus seems to be appreciating just how hot that Emily Rossum is.

Meh....she does nothing for me, she's like Anne Hathaway....gone all skanky taking her clothers off, what happened to the lovely girls we saw in Ella Enchanted or The Day After Tomorrow............

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Anne Hathaway got her clothes off.......................

BRB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

That episode felt a little all over the place, rather than just concentrating on 1 or 2 characters like the UK version used to do.

William H Macy is always worth watching though, and is prefectly cast in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

ScumLord wrote: »

Works for me

Lone Star actor James Wolk and Vampire Diaries actor Taylor Kinney in
    as new love interests for Fiona

Jenna Elfman will guest-star in the upcoming season of Shameless, AOL TV reports.
    The Dharma & Greg star will appear in the second season finale as Jill, who has a dangerous past and, according to the network, "an awkward present" — whatever that means. No word on who she'll be interacting with, but the second season will take place during a sweltering Chicago summer.

I'm thinking Kev's sister Kelly maybe

• Advertisement

Anyone watching this? Latest episode (2x04 A Beautiful Mess) was great. I really love this show!

And the shock at the end -
    Karen's pregnant, probably with Lip's baby

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Conor108 wrote: »
    Anyone watching this? Latest episode (2x04 A Beautiful Mess) was great. I really love this show!

And the shock at the end -
    Karen's pregnant, probably with Lip's baby

Or
    Frank's

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Have been meaning to catch up on this.
    Is it still copying scene for scene from the original.

I never caught the original, I kept on missing it and meaning to catch up on it, but I'm really enjoying the US 1 now so I don't want to ruin it by watching the UK one, I'll watch the UK one once the US finished up, which considering the viewing numbers won't be long I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The US one is really growing on me with each episode, compared to where the UK one is now it's a much better show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Clareman wrote: »
    I never caught the original, I kept on missing it and meaning to catch up on it, but I'm really enjoying the US 1 now so I don't want to ruin it by watching the UK one, I'll watch the UK one once the US finished up, which considering the viewing numbers won't be long I'd say

renewed for season 3 :D
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/01/shameless-house-of-lies-and-californication-renewed-by-showtime/

Clareman wrote: »
    Or
    Frank's

That was my first thought too! Timing doesn't add up though. That happened in winter and it's summer in the show.

Very good point well made.

Also, thanks for the link dom, 3 great shows renewed

Jake McDorman (Greek) has landed a recurring role in Season 3, he will play Fiona’s new boss, a fun, confident, charismatic and very likable everyman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

Excited for the new season, it's been too long ~_____~

Source

Justin Chatwin aka Steve/Jimmy not back for Season 4

So Jimmy/Steve is alive

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭omicron

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So Jimmy/Steve is alive

Jimmy/Steve/Jack?!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Season 4 was the best season so far, and US version is better than UK version even though they aren't exactly the same.

Great show, great season, nice to see Fiona go off the rails a bit, the slow burn with Ian was good, Lip getting out of his comfort zone, I could go on, shame (pun intended) that the season was so short, but at least GoT is back now to fill the void :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

When is it back on rte? It's usually around Spring time?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just halfway through season 4 and am back in love with shameless. Brilliant television. No comparison to its UK cousin. Season 5 due in early 2015 I believe. Miss Steve / Jimmie though. He was a good character. I bet he'll be back next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Glebee wrote: »
    Just halfway through season 4 and am back in love with shameless. Brilliant television. No comparison to its UK cousin. Season 5 due in early 2015 I believe. Miss Steve / Jimmie though. He was a good character. I bet he'll be back next season.

By "no comparison" do you mean it's better than the UK one? Lots of people say the UK one is better but I still love the US one a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

By "no comparison" do you mean it's better than the UK one? Lots of people say the UK one is better but I still love the US one a lot more.

USA one better in my opinion anyway. Never warmed to the UK one.

Advertisement