Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modern Family [** SPOILERS **]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Phil's "you've got to listen with your mind" look was priceless :).

Plenty of laughs all around - I liked when Mitchell called his sister about the head bump and she told him that her son had been bumped plenty of times and was fine to which his reaction was that they needed to go to the hospital immediately :D.

BTW, was the episode aired out of order? They specifically mentioned this was the first day back at school but the fight between Manny and Luke happened at school in the last episode? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,759 ✭✭✭✭Basq

J-blk wrote: »
    BTW, was the episode aired out of order? They specifically mentioned this was the first day back at school but the fight between Manny and Luke happened at school in the last episode? :confused:
    The production numbers on Epguides.com would certainly suggest they're being aired completely out-of-order:
    1- 2 1ARG02 30 Sep 09 The Bicycle Thief
    1- 3 1ARG04 7 Oct 09 Come Fly with Me
    1- 4 1ARG05 14 Oct 09 The Incident
    1- 5 1ARG03 21 Oct 09 Coal Digger
    1- 6 1ARG01 28 Oct 09 Run For Your Wife

Grrr, hate it when the networks do that... Ok, it's not some heavily serialized drama where the out of order airings really screw everything up, but still, there are little annoying things like the references to the school between these last two episodes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭youngblood

Yea I was wondering about that myself
    Was still a good episode thou!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I love love love this show! It is hilarious. The pilot was definitly the funniest one so far for me. The bit with the two gay guys on the plane "Look at that baby with those cream puffs" was classic. Manny and Phil are hilarious characters, Phil is such a Michael Scott character, I find i'm watching him through my fingers.

Now that The Office has jumped the shark, Modern Family is fast becoming my favourite thing on TV.

• Advertisement

ncmc wrote: »
    Now that The Office has jumped the shark, Modern Family is fast becoming my favourite thing on TV.
    Agreed!

Latest episode was one of the best yet I think.

The scene with
    Mitchell calling to remotely unlock the car, and Cam running in the background with the trash can, only to fall and scream "I'M GONNA SMASH IT, I'M GONNA SMASH THE WINDOW!". Then the person on the other end of the line saying: "Tell your wife to stop screaming!"
    :D

Was in bits during that entire scene!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Watched the pilot. I didn't think it was great to be honest. I'll watch it if its on but wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again.

Give it a couple of episodes - I also wasn't too impressed with the pilot (though I think most people were) but it just gets better and better. Three episodes in, I was completely hooked - easily one of the best new comedies this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

How are people not completely in love with this?!
    Manny and the pan flute = *dies*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

BanzaiBk wrote: »

I am. Love this show.

BanzaiBk wrote: »

I absolutely love this show too - I didn't find the pilot quite as strong as others here have but it has improved so much week on week and now delivers regardless of which of the three families it may focus on in any given episode. For me, this and "The Middle" are easily the two best new comedies to come out this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

How many episodes have tv3 shown so far?
    I think sky have shown five if I'm not mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

I love modern family so much!

It's so god damn quotable, especially Phil's lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

How many episodes have tv3 shown so far?

Next week's (19 Nov) is scheduled to be ep5 - Coal Digger.

No show on US Tv this week - back next week with ep8

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

TarfHead wrote: »
    Next week's (19 Nov) is scheduled to be ep5 - Coal Digger.

No show on US Tv this week - back next week with ep8

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Claire surprises Phil with a private performance by one of their favorite musicians, Izzy LaFontaine (guest star Edward Norton). Meanwhile, Mitchell and Cameron have a night on the town with their old friend, Sal (guest star Elizabeth Banks).

JP Liz wrote: »
    Claire surprises Phil with a private performance by one of their favorite musicians, Izzy LaFontaine (guest star Edward Norton). Meanwhile, Mitchell and Cameron have a night on the town with their old friend, Sal (guest star Elizabeth Banks).
    Ed Norton & Elizabeth Banks?!

SUPERB!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just started watching this last week. Fantastic show. Best new show I've seen in ages.

(Phil, dazed after being hit in the face with a small model plane)
    I was in a plane crash.....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭dubmick

Sky have caught up with ABC. New episode tomorrow night in the States, with Sky having showing it the following night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Sweet. Thought its was only a 7 episode dealy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Far and away the funniest show on television since Arrested Development. Last weeks episode was hilarious, and probably my favourite line from a sitcom ever.

"I dont know why Im so afraid of clowns....my mother says it's because when I was a kid I found a dead clown in the woods, but who knows.."

Had me in stitches.

Modern Family was back in the states last night... just in case anyone wasn't aware it was back already...
    The new episode was fantastic...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

The new episode was fantastic...

Phil .. legend.

"When the person forgets the card they picked, it makes me look bad"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Great episode. Phil is a legend. Liked how Jay got sucked in by Manny's father. Phil's card tricks and jokes :)

Season 2 has been confirmed...

Excellent stuff, I saw your post about "The Middle" first - I love it when good shows get picked up early on, rather than having to wait until the summer to hear if they will be back...

"Caesar Salazar"... Classic...

Another brilliant episode - even with Manny being missing from the episode, it was still great...
    Anyone who doesn't find this show funny deserves to be shot...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

great show one of the best US sitcoms in a long time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Back on Sky on thursday night.

Advertisement