Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help!! Need a BIG Jeep for a month!!

• 13-07-2006 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hope this does not sound like advertising but I am searching for a large jeep - will rent and cover insurance - something that will fit 4/5 people, space in the back for some storage - have looked everywhere but none of the garages seem to rent them out anymore. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and go with

www.hertz.ie

www.budget.ie

www.enterprise.com/ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Little Fecker

When you say "Big Jeep", do you mean something like a Ford Excursion, Chevy Suburban, or do you mean Jeep Grand Cherokee. If you want more space you can rent a Chevy Express Passenger Van with and 8.0 Liter V10 engine it seats 14. You can rent all these from all the main car rental agencies here and all over the US. Cost is about $90/day for the Van. The other are less. I have driven the Express Van several times and I can get to 60mph in less than 10 seconds with a full load of passengers with the engine almost silent. With gas at $3 a gallon you might have to drive a little more gently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

The RPSI have a huge Jeep at Whitehead...dont know if you can afford the coal though..........

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭WildSaffron

Thanks for the replies guys - would you believe with the huge fleets people like budget have they don't carry this size.

Sigh.

At least the sun is shining.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ford Cortina

You could buy 2 Lada estates for less than renting a Jeep Jeep and your buddy can drive the other one. I personally think the Ford Cortina GL estate 1.3 is the most practical fun car I ever bought especially for excursions. Don't let anyone tell you that they are underpowered. The Cortina 1.3 engine is underestimated. Just remove the air filter and bend the accelerator pedal upwards and it will burn rubber. The engine is the most refined, smooth and responsive I ever drove with plenty of power. When I remove the exhausts and body panels and seats it really accelerates fast.
    Watch out I may be coming through your town soon. You can't miss me, I painted it a nice bright orange color.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭WildSaffron

Yes. Except we all have to travel together.

In Ireland.

With equipment.

May preace rule the world.

Advertisement