Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Late Late Show 26/9/2014

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NormanNicetouch

Twink was a good oul singer all the same...

And yes I am being serious...

And an absolute cracker back in the day.....

And yes I am being serious....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

And an absolute cracker back in the day.....

And yes I am being serious....

As was Maxi and Dick........

And, yes, I'm being serious too!!.....:)

I wanted the puppeh, to be honest, to make an appearance if I'm honest!!....:)

And not to be manhandled by Mr. T.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Tw*nk would have been Box Office this week, all the same

Here's a selected rant from her Facebook page -
    See what I mean ????
    And still it continues..
    THREE LITTLE YORKIE'S FOR GOD'S SAKE !!!!!
    There is no end to it..
    This HAS to stop ....
    I have learnt more about the disgusting appalling state of animal welfare and animal rights...or should that be the lack of ....In this once dear land.....
    In the last four days
    Than I have in the last 40...
    I would like to say " Shame " on the people who chose to make cheap nasty vicious jabs at myself and Ted...on a occasion like this..
    So very hurtful....
    Speaks volumes about THEMSELVES though ..I reckon...!
    i should also like to ask them if THEY....Or their dogs have raised as much money for charity over the years ....as Teddy and I have ????
    Haven't ??
    Hmmmmnnn ... !!!!
    Don't worry...
    I worry about you
    Genuinely sad for you ....that you are like that...
    Such a miserable way to go through this short life..
    To all of you who (so far) who have offered overwhelming positivity....messages....assistance... love ..hugs.......and HOPE.....I am indebted to you.
    Astonished to find......MASS CARDS IN MY MAILBOX ...this weekend !!!!
    God bless you all ....
    Decent people .....X
    Myself and the girls thank you with all our hearts....
    I will do a proper thank you when every moment isn't spent trying to find Ted ....
    FYI......
    I will use all of this press to highlight the ATROCIOUS state of the laws concerning animal welfare in Ireland..
    As we are a global disgrace at present....
    So many cruel awful people out there...
    No wonder the world is in the condition it is eh ?
    And just LOOK at the state of the place ????
    Disaster.....
    So much hate..'
    So little love...
    Hate and bitterness ....."is"... what it is..
    Love is always love...
    It doesn't matter what "form" it takes...
    The latter is INFINITELY better !!!!
    Please remember that before you choose to write bile
    Whether our little Ted ever makes it home or not,...
    His life will not have been in vain..
    I intend spending the rest of my days trying to bring some DESPERATELY needed changes in our LAUGHABLE legislature here ..
    Then one way or the other...
    This will NOT all have been in vain....
    Profound thanks again my friends....

So yeah! that's something to think about.

I haven't many nice things to say about her, but her Puppeh Pics are nice

https://www.facebook.com/adele.condronking.1?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Now don't try to tell me yis don't want her back on the Late Late!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

As was Maxi and Dick........

And, yes, I'm being serious too!!.....:)

I wanted the puppeh, to be honest, to make an appearance if I'm honest!!....:)

And not to be manhandled by Mr. T.
    Dick is/was overrated. Also, too much 'honest' in your post - tbh. :pac:

People, after Mass today, will be reading the headlines in the Sunday pay-pers to see what Al Cap-one left unsaid. They will then buy their usual party faithful fodder (unless they like comics like The Sunday ... ).

Anyone remember wiping with appropriately sized rectangles of newspaper? If you selected a piece with a picture of your most-hated enemy party leader for that first wipe, you know you drank the Kool-Aid. Wipe n times (with a new piece each time) until the paper is not brown, but not too many times or it will not go (gently) down.

Blowback is a bitch, leave the car in the ditch...

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

As was Maxi and Dick.........

Ah here, I was trying to be nice to Twink by saying she was a good singer, but if you keep comparing her to (my love) Maxi, then we're gonna have a falling out.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

Anyone else not bother to watch the show, just come on here with a coffee on Sunday morning and read the thread? Or is that just me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Esel wrote: »
    People, after Mass today, will be reading the headlines in the Sunday pay-pers to see what Al Cap-one left unsaid. They will then buy their usual party faithful fodder (unless they like comics like The Sunday ... ).
    lynski wrote: »
    Anyone else not bother to watch the show, just come on here with a coffee on Sunday morning and read the thread? Or is that just me?

I had a moment there but I can confirm that today is Saturday :)

Jesus, how long have I been asleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I lasted about 30 seconds.

Really, really wanted to see the Shatter interview but caved to the need for bed before he came on. Thought I'd have missed out on the political spat/timebomb/scandal of the year, but my goodness seems my time was better served sleeping. The fact that Shatter seems to have come out of it looking better than Tubs is an appalling indictment of Tubs' skill as a chatshow host......

Have really enjoyed reading back about the show this morning though - much, MUCH more efficient use of my time :D. Cheerful way to start a Saturday morning :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Jesus, how long have I been asleep?

:):)

jprboy wrote: »
    I had a moment there but I can confirm that today is Satuurday :)

I think we lost a day when Margo was on..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I think we lost a day when Margo was on..

ROFL!
    apologies to all but when i wrote it I was convinced it was sunday until I properly woke up about a hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I never knew about Norah's husband

What? It must be her 4th-5th appearance in the past year. Unreal.

Does Nora still own that Tatler magazine?

Saw it in the shop there. Caught my eye, because the cover girl this month is...Nora Casey.

Really.

Ah here, I was trying to be nice to Twink by saying she was a good singer, but if you keep comparing her to (my love) Maxi, then we're gonna have a falling out.. :(

I never knew you loved Maxi!!....:D:D

I know her well, I'll pass on your regards!!....;):p

I know her well, I'll pass on your regards!!....;):p

And talk me up now as well.. Dont make me sound like some crazed keyboard warrier from the Interweb... I know that's probably closer to the truth, but I've never got a woman by telling the truth...

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I lasted about 30 seconds.

Really, really wanted to see the Shatter interview but caved to the need for bed before he came on. Thought I'd have missed out on the political spat/timebomb/scandal of the year, but my goodness seems my time was better served sleeping. The fact that Shatter seems to have come out of it looking better than Tubs is an appalling indictment of Tubs' skill as a chatshow host......

Have really enjoyed reading back about the show this morning though - much, MUCH more efficient use of my time :D. Cheerful way to start a Saturday morning :D:D

I completely agree. Having had a demanding week (and three glasses of Merlot...) I made it to half way thru the McDonaghs, who I find (genuinely) interesting, then succumbed to the arms of Morpheus. I really enjoyed reading people's comments, tried to watch LLS on RTEplayer (more ads than I've seen for a VERY LONG TIME). It's frustrating to see an opportunity (the interview with Alan Shatter) foregone, and the mix of topics leads to vertigo - one minute serious, then lighthearted, then morbidly depressive - roller-coaster ride.

Wallis Bird was excellent, tho. Hadn't seen here before (me not being from around here......)

And talk me up now as well.. Dont make me sound like some crazed keyboard warrier from the Interweb... I know that's probably closer to the truth, but I've never got a woman by pulling the truth...

Obviously!....:)

I want Wedding Cake.

Soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Has there been any confirmation that Shatter was pre-recorded?

I don't think there has, but getting admissions from RTE on matters like that is like pulling teeth.
    I think the silence from the audienced, (not even a few coughs) is confirmation enough. It would be very simple to add on an applause track to the pre-recording afterwards. In Gaybo's day, he would have called for audience participation, in the hope of stirring thing up and making it more interesting.
    Not so with Tubridy, if the questions are not written for him on cards, he's lost.
    Where I'm from, he wouldn't even get the job of bingo-caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

18, 21, 25, 32, 39, 41. Bonus 9 :D

2 numbers tonight, a start I suppose :D

Winning Numbers

Bonus

This post has been deleted.

Shame that Amdublin wasn't there in the audience again, the truth would be out!!

Shame that Amdublin wasn't there in the audience again, the truth would be out!!

Ah, she went a bit native on us... Clapping long to Tubridy.. telling us what a great lad he was... Very disappointed tbh... If the county hurler had been there it would have gone something like this...

I think i heard Ivan Yates say this morning he's gonna be on the Late Late this Friday. But I'm not 100% sure, which us why I'm not starting a thread about it.

Of course he may have just said he'd be watching it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

I think i heard Ivan Yates say this morning he's gonna be on the Late Late this Friday. But I'm not 100% sure, which us why I'm not starting a thread about it.

Of course he may have just said he'd be watching it...

Heard that. I believe he will be talking about a new book he has written.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Actually Yates would maybe make a good LLS host. He's witty, smart and knowledgeable, and would have no problem busting the bubbles of 'celebrities'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

coolhull wrote: »
    Actually Yates would maybe make a good LLS host. He's witty, smart and knowledgeable, and would have no problem busting the bubbles of 'celebrities'

Agree

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

coolhull wrote: »

I hope Tubs tries to give him the rapid fire questions, I think Yates would be able to put him back in his box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

What odds would you give? :)

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement