Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FBD TV Ad

Options
  • 26-06-2014 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Didn't see any other threads on this, and it is pretty fecking trivial but always niggles at me when I see it on the TV.

I get that the FBD ad here youtube.com/watch?v=Ki1TzeMkq10 (by the way not being able to post links is a pain in the swiss) is having a bit of a laugh and is being over the top and all that but there is one bit that I think is surely just wrong.

I am talking about the bit at about 20 seconds in, when your man sticks his head in the window and swipes the handbag off the front seat, surely this would not be covered by any insurance assessor???

I mean the window is open, the bag is in plain view, everything here in my mind would be perfect get out of jail free cards for FBD to say you were not covered??

Obviously not a life changing issue this but something I had to get off me chest :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

Neither would the one were the guy uses the ladder from the house to break into the house. Property not sufficiently secured and all that. It's a case of wanting to make funny ads (they are not) irrespective of the reality of what your policy would actually cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

Not entirely sure they'd accept "A woodpecker did it" when asked how the windscreen was broke either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Buzz Killington the third

Terms and conditions may apply*

*Very little shown in this ad is covered by your insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Its ok....Here comes the axa red li......F*CK OFF!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

"Where's yer man gone!?" That line is delivered excellently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

I like the nononsense one where he says 'Listen, Matt' with such contempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

I like the nononsense one where he says 'Listen, Matt' with such contempt.

Probably the best one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I worked for an insurance company that used sepia tone photos of an old cottage from around 1900 in its adverts. The idea was to promote the feeling that this insurance company is solid and has been around for decades.

Anyway, the insurer, like the majority of companies, was not keen on covering thatched houses. The advertising standards commission forced them to quote normal rates to everybody who asked because the house in the advert had a thatched roof. I'm sure the advertising commission would be interested in this too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

You'd kinda give her one though. File under inexplicably perverse horn.

Advertisement