Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Do dating sites have a fair share of serial daters?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    Immediately his response was "why the hell is a woman as gorgeous as you needing to find dates on the internet".

i was half expecting you to say you ended up with him instead! but yea
    that does happen too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Something tells me humour isn't your strong suit

And ffs stop following me around boards! If you don't like me then ignore me!

Where in those posts was a joke hidden? And why please should I follow you? I am reading/posting here like everyone else, or do you have some sort of priority here?
    Not my fault if you are posting in every thread is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

blacklilly wrote: »
    I've tried online dating, met a lot of guys off it, the main problem I found is it can seem really contrived (not natural) so its difficult to find that elusive spark.
    I deleted my profile a few months ago and I've come to terms with just being single until hopefully some guy catches my eye in the real world

I found the same thing - chatting on IM or sending messages is one thing but it's just not possible to know if that spark will be there and most times it won't be.

I internet dated about 4 years ago and absolutely hated it - I closed my account about two months after opening it. I created a new account (different site) about two months ago and, for some reason, this time it's so much more enjoyable. For me, the difference this time is I'm just looking at it as a good way to meet new people - I have zero expectations of falling in love. If it happens, great, but if it doesn't, no harm done. All the people I've met from the site are the same, no great expectations and happy to meet new people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Something tells me humour isn't your strong suit

And ffs stop following me around boards! If you don't like me then ignore me!

Where in those posts was a joke hidden? And why please should I follow you? I am reading/posting here like everyone else, or do you have some sort of priority here?
    Not my fault if you are posting in every thread is it?

I think you secretly fancy me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,298 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

:eek: Ive never once been asked if Id peg someone lol

Id say 1/20 guys ask me if they can wear my underwear....:o

Can I wear your underwear? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I've met 3 guys from dating sites, one totally used me, but I hadn't got my eyes fully open.

Next one was a twat.

Third, we dated for 6 weeks, broke up for 8 months and have been dating for the last month. In the 8 months I was single I put up a profile for about 2 weeks but I had no interest. I got messages from guys who wanted to met up right away, and a message from a guy who was married but wasn't sexually fulfilled and was just looking for someone to or someones to fulfil that position as he travelled the country. At last he was honest I suppose!

Another guy called me a fat, ugly, bastard dog because I declined his chat request!

If it doesn't work out with this guy I won't be actively looking for someone again. Dating is tough, especially when you've got kids in tow. Online is the only way when you have no social life! Just beware that there are an awful lot of time wasters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

****ing a man up the ass with a strap-on. I seem like that type of girl, seemingly.

That is just disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I don't think they are freaks. in fact i think its pretty cool that they are comfortable enough with themselves to ask. it's not my thing, but play on.

I define freak as someone who's wayyyy out there. Sometimes it can be cool. Sometimes not.

The coolest people are generally freaks.
    But so are the scariest.

Then again, if you're into "pegging" I guess the best way to meet a girl who's into it is to mass message every girl on a dating site. It's not really something you can bring up on a first date and it's not something anyone wants sprung on them 3 months down the line.
    At least if they message 500 girls and get 4 positives, they have 4 possible dates :)

:eek: Ive never once been asked if Id peg someone lol

Id say 1/20 guys ask me if they can wear my underwear....:o

Like this?
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=spiderman+****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭RaRaRasputin

I'm not that much into moonfaces, sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I'm not that much into moonfaces, sorry.

You big tease you!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Grayson wrote: »

who comes up with that stuff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

VEN wrote: »
    i was half expecting you to say you ended up with him instead! but yea
    that does happen too.

Oddly enough, I did meet someone else that night. Even though my date and I both knew nothing was going to happen between us we were enjoying each other's company so decided to hang out and enjoy a few drinks and good chats. Good chats which eventually included someone else who was sitting at the bar and when we decided to go dancing, it was all three of us who went. My internet date then decided to go home so I was left with a completely different man to the one I'd gone out to meet.

Puts a whole new slant on my friends' encouragement to try internet dating because it will 'get me out of the house and meeting new people'. They were right, I met someone I wouldn't have met if I hadn't gone out that night. It was an unexpected turn of events; my internet date wasn't pissed off and I got to meet two new people and have a really great dance. Much better than sitting at home watching my life drift further into terminal boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Grayson wrote: »
    I don't think they are freaks. in fact i think its pretty cool that they are comfortable enough with themselves to ask. it's not my thing, but play on.

I define freak as someone who's wayyyy out there. Sometimes it can be cool. Sometimes not.

The coolest people are generally freaks.
    But so are the scariest.

Then again, if you're into "pegging" I guess the best way to meet a girl who's into it is to mass message every girl on a dating site. It's not really something you can bring up on a first date and it's not something anyone wants sprung on them 3 months down the line.
    At least if they message 500 girls and get 4 positives, they have 4 possible dates :)

One of my many dates involved a guy asking me was I into pegging, amongst other things, it was the strangest date ever. Needless to say I didn't hang around long.
    He was a total fruit cake, put me off online dating for a good while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

That is just disgusting.

everything sexual is fairly disgusting.

That is just disgusting.

Really? How?

Really? How?

smelly fluids and stuff plus the fact we're badly designed down there.
    i don't know what he was thinking on day 6 :/

Really? How?

jamming bits inside of other people's bits, fluids, mouths etc...

nothing wrong with it being fairly disgusting... :)

VEN wrote: »
    Really? How?

smelly fluids and stuff plus the fact we're badly designed down there.
    i don't know what he was thinking on day 6 :/

Speak for yourself, I'm perfectly designed down there!

I still don't see how its disgusting, if something disgusted me I wouldn't do it

• Advertisement

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    Even though my date and I both knew nothing was going to happen between us we were enjoying each other's company so decided to hang out and enjoy a few drinks and good chats.

did you both know this at the exact same time or who knew first? let me guess :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Know a chap who I always thought was decent enough split up with his wife. Pretty shortly he turned to interwebs dating sites. Fair enough I thought, no better way to get over things than knocking the socks of a few burds. He would fill them full of crap about what a great guy he is and how much money he has and bring them to the local to show them off. A few tuned in to scores of women with multiple profiles on various sites. At first a lot of the lads were envious but then it just became a complete pain in the hole. Now pretty much everyone who knows him, 'the lads' included think he's a total sleaze - which he is.

Got his commupance though - he was seeing this girl for a while, stunning eastern european lady. Anyhow the fcuker wouldn't spend Christmas and she took him for a few grand. We laughed - lots! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Time to get your coat, syn :D.

No. Just no. Very little is. VERY little.

who comes up with that stuff :pac:

Well the guy who posted it on that site goes by the name of Adolf Hitler.

(Yep, it's true. Every discussion results in a mention of himself)

well, if you guys believe you are having elegant, tasteful sex, fair enough...

Who said anything about elegant or tasteful?

Why are you having messy distasteful sex?

Who said anything about elegant or tasteful?

ok. what constitutes disgusting then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

ok. what constitutes disgusting then?

Anything involving waste products for a start!!

Advertisement