Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

star-pants wrote: »
    Rant for the day/week/month/year....

broken hearts are ghey.
    That is all.

Come have funsies tonight. We all loves you. *hug*

And they are indeed ghey. Nothing worse than them because the only thing that can heal them is time.
    yeah well im gonna have a feckin business degree! that's REAAAAAAAAAALLY gonna helo me in this climate isnt it?! :rolleyes:

DIT: bringing you one step closer to the real world unemployment line!

lol

Well at least I shall have someone to talk to in dole queue. :P
    meh. had horrible nightmares that ive not had for a few years all last night in between the not-sleeping, then woke up to find the only physical memory thing i have of a dead mate was missing, then decided that my general unhappiness was due to my relationship, so attempted to break up with himself.

then went for a surf, and it was totally flat.

bit of a **** day, really.

I hate nigthmares. They always put me in a rubbish mood for the day. I have a few recurring ones that really get to me. I can only assume that's what made you doubt the relationship but if there's other reasons then I hope you work it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

I hate nigthmares. They always put me in a rubbish mood for the day. I have a few recurring ones that really get to me. I can only assume that's what made you doubt the relationship but if there's other reasons then I hope you work it out.

myeh, ive a bit of a miserable past. every now and then it fucks with my sleep. between the lack of sleep and the remembering of all that crap and those nightmares though, it's an understatement to say i woke up the wrong side of the bed. i was ready for feckin killings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

myeh, ive a bit of a miserable past. every now and then it fucks with my sleep. between the lack of sleep and the remembering of all that crap and those nightmares though, it's an understatement to say i woke up the wrong side of the bed. i was ready for feckin killings.

My friend has suffered two bereavments recently (some he feels guilty over too) and he's told me that he has awful nightmares about both instances. I can't imagine what it is like.

As far as myself goes, I usually have nightmares about my teeth falling out. It's bloody torture, as it feels so real and I'm also unconsciously thinking "this isn't a dream this time" which just makes it a whole lot worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I get nightmares. flashbacks of things that happened to me also, they friggen suck..
    also takes ages to establish its just a dream, this is the point where i text someone and freak out.. and then feel like an eejet the next day!
    Best thing that helps me is sleeping with the light on .. haha im a big scardie cat me >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

lol

Well at least I shall have someone to talk to in dole queue. :P

and to hug!! \o/

you gives good hugs! :D

• Advertisement

and to hug!! \o/

you gives good hugs! :D

Maybe that skill could get me a job? :pac:

I hate how unemployable I am. I need to find more music students to earn some more cash. I hate being broke for months on end.

Maybe that skill could get me a job? :pac:

I hate how unemployable I am. I need to find more music students to earn some more cash. I hate being broke for months on end.

Look at the brightside, you have a niche! Join an all-male band so you'll be the only female, those bands always garner attention. Such as Ash, The Scissor Sisters, Republic of Loose and eh........what was that crap Dublin band called?:P You know, there were two males and one female, I think they started with a J........

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Look at the brightside, you have a niche! Join an all-male band so you'll be the only female, those bands always garner attention. Such as Ash, The Scissor Sisters, Republic of Loose and eh........what was that crap Dublin band called?:P You know, there were two males and one female, I think they started with a J........

I used to be the drummer in an all-male band. It used to impress the menfolk I tells you. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

LZ5by5 wrote: »

You're forgetting the Smashing Pumpkins. ;)

JJ72?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Tired.....veryveryvery tired....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Tired.....veryveryvery tired....
    have some hot chocolate and read a book for a bit:)

I'd love to but I'm trying to get the pup to go back asleep, if I have anything to eat/drink she'll only smell it and it'll drive her nuts. I'm hoping to transfer her to her bed shortly, she's currently asleep on my bed.

Awww , have you been asleep already tonight?
    I had the pleasure of getting bit all last week .The dog loved a tussle.

Nope not been to bed yet.

Aye this one's teething & taking the fingers off me, shocked I have skin left!!

Awww wear gloves :P
    I had the same problem , i got my face snapped at also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Brooding thread - sounds about right for me. Not that anything particularly bad has ever happened to me, but I'm just a pretty moody person in general. I'm the type of person who, if my glass was 99% full, would bemoan the missing 1%.

I know this may sound harsh, but I really don't feel much sympathy for those who have to endure breakups or had their hearts broken. At least ye had a relationship in the first place.
    Try being single pretty much forever and then you'll relish the oppurtunity for a breakup, because no matter how bad a breakup is, at least you had something good for a while. :(

bleh. totally over-shared yesterday. bad mood+alcohol+keyboard=posting regrets.

hey,, can i count on you guys to remember that nothing ever happened? >_>

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Ahem.... JUST WHO DO I HAVE TO TORTURE,MAIM, OR KILL TO GET WHAT I WANT! ALL I'M ASKING IS TO SEE ONE FICTIONAL WEREWOLF WHO ISN'T A COMPLETE RAVING PSYCHO OR A CONFLICTED SOUL UNABLE TO ACCEPT THEIR BESTIAL NATURE AND SEARCHING FOR A CURE OR TRYING TO MAKE THE MONSTROUS PART OF THEM HUMAN.
    Thanks I feel a lot better now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Is this the thread where we order babies?

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote: »

I was wondering how long it would take until someone said that!:p

It has a few meanings, one of them being what you pointed out. While another interpretation of the word "Brooding" would be "deeply or seriously thoughtful"; which is what I was going for.
    JJ72?

Yup that's them!
    Brooding thread - sounds about right for me. Not that anything particularly bad has ever happened to me, but I'm just a pretty moody person in general. I'm the type of person who, if my glass was 99% full, would bemoan the missing 1%.

I know this may sound harsh, but I really don't feel much sympathy for those who have to endure breakups or had their hearts broken. At least ye had a relationship in the first place.
    Try being single pretty much forever and then you'll relish the oppurtunity for a breakup, because no matter how bad a breakup is, at least you had something good for a while. :(

I know what you mean and I would tend to agree, better to have had love and then lose it than being totally starved of it.
    Ahem.... JUST WHO DO I HAVE TO TORTURE,MAIM, OR KILL TO GET WHAT I WANT! ALL I'M ASKING IS TO SEE ONE FICTIONAL WEREWOLF WHO ISN'T A COMPLETE RAVING PSYCHO OR A CONFLICTED SOUL UNABLE TO ACCEPT THEIR BESTIAL NATURE AND SEARCHING FOR A CURE OR TRYING TO MAKE THE MONSTROUS PART OF THEM HUMAN.
    Thanks I feel a lot better now.

Now you know how I feel about Sam Raimi's treatment of villains in the Spider-Man universe.:D

Whilst I do agree with you -- when you have a heartbreak, you really wish you'd not dated anyone,ever. Until you feel a bit better. It is better to have loved & lost than never to have loved at all. But on the other hand, what you don't know you're missing... won't hurt you either. *hug*

Totally -- s'what we're here for, we all over share sometimes having bad moods etc. Sure how else as humans can we vent? *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Remember what?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Remember what?

exactly!! :D

Rozabeez wrote: »

~elbows to the top of the queue~ The ginger ones are MINE!

We are internet people. We envy the attention span that goldfish have. You've nothing to worry about missus. Honest!

Moonbaby wrote: »
    ~elbows to the top of the queue~ The ginger ones are MINE!

Lmao.

No worries. I don't think anyone else would want them. :p

(Don't hurt me...)

Awwhhh, some redheads are nice tho!
    I dated a cute redhead guy before. He drove a beemer.... mmmm beemer...

Awwhhh, some redheads are nice tho!

why yes they are...

*points at emo and trowelled* :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

*blushes*

Hmmm beemers indeed..

Advertisement