Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What would you do if someone signed you up to spam email?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭jurahnimoh

fight fire with fire and write their phone number on every cubicle you visit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

coleria wrote: »
    They signed me up to a spam site that passes on my email to 100's of other spam, so if deleting 100,s of emails everyday is your thing, will you spend a few hours everyday deleting them for me?

Sure i will.

Pm me your email sign in and password details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Would you do it 100's times every day, to your main email address?
    They signed me up to a spam site that passes on my email to 100's of other spam, so if deleting 100,s of emails everyday is your thing, will you spend a few hours everyday deleting them for me?

I used to run the main contact addresses for a large company. We'd get hundreds, sometimes in the thousands of spams a day. It took less than 5 minutes every day to put them through the filter.
    It is when you have to enter your email everytime and most of the sites when you try to unsubscribe come up 404

Don't unsubscribe from them, it only serves to confirm your address is live so it's a waste of time and only encourages more spam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Seeth quietly about it for years and then punch someone in the face randomly on a night out?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I keep getting emails from some lady called "Joan" who wants me to buy steel pipe from China.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

paddy147 wrote: »
    I keep getting emails from some lady called "Joan" who wants me to buy steel pipe from China.

Forward them to me please. I got hooked on that stuff in Nam and haven't been able to find any since I got home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

Long story short, did work for someone, job done,, then they changed their mind, then they were calling every 30 mins wanting to change this, change that, even though it was exactly as requested... etc...etc...
    So I said NO, I'm done, I've done what was asked, and delivered, so after a hissy fit they said fine..... 30 mins later, begging to do a bit more... etc...
    So the next day I receive 100's of spam email (I never sign up to anything, or give my email address away willy nilly etc), and have yet to receive a penny/cent.

So, what's the best After Hours Revenge for such passive aggressive behaviour?

How do you know he/she signed you up to spam?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

Put a car for sale in Donedeal. Make sure its a good one but price it ridiculously low. Put his number as the contact number. Sit back and enjoy the fact that every gob****e in Ireland will ring him at any hour of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

It is when you have to enter your email everytime and most of the sites when you try to unsubscribe come up 404

you need to learn about the magic of mail filter rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

OP, ever heard of spam filters?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Set up a filter that redirects all the spam to their email address.

Advertisement