Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Medical Card Application /Illness Benefit

Options
  • 23-10-2011 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have been outta work a while now, and gave up work due to illness. I applied in april and send stuff back and forward, and still nothing. Cant get through on the phone to no1 to see wahts happening with application. how long wud i be waiting??? does anyone know?? and why so long. I cant afford my medical bills.

On another note, can u work any hours on illness benefit? cos id like to take on something purely just for extra income for a few hours. I honestly cant cope with this money.. disgraceful.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Work and Illness Benefit

You may be able to do part time rehabilitative work (up to a maximum of 20 hours a week) and keep your Illness Benefit. You must get written approval from the Department of Social Protection.

From here
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/disability_and_illness/disability_benefit.html

If I may point out this forum is for advice and not for criticizing payments rates ect,as per forum charter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Hi,
    I have been outta work a while now, and gave up work due to illness. I applied in april and send stuff back and forward, and still nothing. Cant get through on the phone to no1 to see wahts happening with application. how long wud i be waiting??? does anyone know?? and why so long. I cant afford my medical bills.
    If you were issued a reference number for your medical card application you can check the status of the application on www.medicalcard.ie

You can also contact them through the site, & get a response within 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jamesdublin12

jeckle wrote: »
    If you were issued a reference number for your medical card application you can check the status of the application on www.medicalcard.ie

You can also contact them through the site, & get a response within 48 hours.

They dont reply on that.. and its stil the same.. that they received my forms... nothing else of an update.. sick of filling out stuff on that site and calling them and not getting thru....

Advertisement