Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Aldi 40m Laser Distance Measure - metric only?

Options
  • 27-09-2015 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Hi

I see that Aldi has a Laser Distance Measure in today's (Sep 27) catalogue. There's no mention on the box what units it does besides metres. Does anyone know if it does feet / inches as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Is this a BA? Standards are slipping...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

DIY forum over there --->> somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

There's an excellent app on Android, possibly on IOS too, called Unit Converter which will convert virtually any measurement of length or area to any other, in any quantity. Also capacity, volume etc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

degsie wrote: »
    Is this a BA? Standards are slipping...
    vicwatson wrote: »
    DIY forum over there --->> somewhere

In fairness it's a 40 laser disto.
    I use a Leica for work and it cost me €500. It had a ton more features that I need like angles, and set out levels but for a diy'er or somebody doing a small bit of work here and there, €40 is excellent value for a laser version over the normally cheaper sonic ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

kceire wrote: »
    In fairness it's a 40 laser disto.
    I use a Leica for work and it cost me €500. It had a ton more features that I need like angles, and set out levels but for a diy'er or somebody doing a small bit of work here and there, €40 is excellent value for a laser version over the normally cheaper sonic ones.

OP just posed a question. No link, no price, no comparison to equal product. Just sayin'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

moved to requests, probably really shouldn't be here either but anyway...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

degsie wrote: »
    OP just posed a question. No link, no price, no comparison to equal product. Just sayin'.

Yeah fair enough. He should have provided some more info.

Link for anybody - https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sun-27-sep/products-detail-page/ps/p/40m-laser-distance-measure/

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

kceire wrote: »
    €40 is excellent value for a laser version over the normally cheaper sonic ones.
    Agreed.

I have a Bosch 40m version and if the Aldi one is only half as good then its certainly good value....imperial or metric :)

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Hi

I'll probably just go and buy one then :)

Apologies for lack of details in my first post - I knew it was really cheap for a laser level but forgot to include the price of it when posting (first time posting in this forum).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

Yes, I bought one from Aldi yesterday and it seems very good.

One thing though there is a picture on the box showing the device held up against the wall and displaying a red line with markings - the problem is I don't know how to get mine to display same. Is this a feature of the product or just there on the box for cosmetic reasons?
    Also, what is the black fold away tab used for?

Yes. It does feet and inches also.

• Advertisement
Advertisement