Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Bargains (not Freebies)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Fallout: New Vegas (PC) £16 @ Amazon.co.uk

Activates on Steam as well :D

They do free delivery on orders over £25 now also so it's as good an excuse as any to buy more.

£13.99 from Gameplay:

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/pc/fallout-new-vegas/_/RM03792/productpage.html?P36=S6PC9D

However, £3 shipping, so Amazon would be cheaper if you order over £25...

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Couldn't resist Fallout at that price, even if my laptop was barely up to running Fallout 3!
    Cheers guys

/edit
    Amazon is the current best price again btw - Gameplay is up to £20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Trials HD will be knocked down to 400 MSP from 1200 MSP tomorrow on XBL. And the DLC Big Pack expansion is down to 240 MSP from 400 MSP too. And with the second DLC out on December 1st for 400 MSP, you get the base game and both DLC for less than the main game normally.

Very, very good value for a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Beatles Rock Band for £5 http://tinyurl.com/34uh7sa

I think the delivery is £4-ish though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Assasins creed 2 in Gamestop for 16.99 (used) having never played this i think i'll pick it up. Might make a nice change of pace from all the shooters lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

I think the key to stop PC piracy is to make games so ridiculously low priced you just can't say no. Have bought several top games from steam when they dropped the price below 10 euro. Games that I never heard of and would not have bought, but I ended up loving. STALKER being a prime example. Probably one of the best games I've played and I never knew about it til a sale. So imagine the amount of impulse purchases from people like me. I'd love to see the data for how much they make when they drop a games price really low as opposed to how much it made at full price.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Assasins creed 2 in Gamestop for 16.99 (used) having never played this i think i'll pick it up. Might make a nice change of pace from all the shooters lately.

You can buy the Game of the Year edition these days online (and new) for £9.99.

P.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

koHd wrote: »
    I think the key to stop PC piracy is to make games so ridiculously low priced you just can't say no. Have bought several top games from steam when they dropped the price below 10 euro. Games that I never heard of and would not have bought, but I ended up loving. STALKER being a prime example. Probably one of the best games I've played and I never knew about it til a sale. So imagine the amount of impulse purchases from people like me. I'd love to see the data for how much they make when they drop a games price really low as opposed to how much it made at full price.

Well if Steam did a survey on just my account it would be 0% full price games / 100% sales games (or steamworks from other retailer).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

marco_polo wrote: »
    Well if Steam did a survey on just my account it would be 0% full price games / 100% sales games (or steamworks from other retailer).
    Exactly the same with me.

For those of you who have missed this, Gamestop.ie website is doing some black friday sales. Something new every hour. Medal of Honour was €25 for PS360 an hour ago. Couple of lame ducks (Batman:AA used for €15 +€2 delivery too, can be gotten off of play.com for €13.99). But some good stuff and sure to be more throughout the day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Completely agree, the GTA collection was on steam for about €15 a while ago. I already have them for the ps2 but my ps2 is fooked. I'll probably never play them again but I bought them just in case I did.

• Advertisement

oceanclub wrote: »
    You can buy the Game of the Year edition these days online (and new) for £9.99.

P.

Whats in the GOTY edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I think the key to stop PC piracy is to make games so ridiculously low priced you just can't say no. Have bought several top games from steam when they dropped the price below 10 euro. Games that I never heard of and would unot have bought, butu I ended up loving. STALKER being a prime example. Probably one of the best games I've played and I never knew about it til a sale. So imagine the amount of impulse purchases from people like me. I'd love to see the data for how much they make when they drop a games price really low as opposed to how much it made at full price.
    Unfortunately untrue. There's been a few experiments releasing indy games with no drm but v cheap. Poor world of Goo still got pirated.

Or Indie games where about 90% of the $10 was sent to charity, stil pirated to hell and back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

November special offers, ArmA II: Combined Ops €19.99. Its the same price on both Sprocket and Steam
    http://www.sprocketidea.com/joomla/index.php?page=shop.product_details&product_id=33&category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/4639/
    Personally I'd advise the Sprocket, Steam sux at getting the patches out quickly.

All ArmA II N00bs are welcome to come play some coops with us online, we hang out in the Tactical Shooters Forum and have our very own Boards.ie ArmA II dedicated server in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I saw Folklore for the PS3 preowned in gamestop in waterford today for 7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Nevore wrote: »
    Unfortunately untrue. There's been a few experiments releasing indy games with no drm but v cheap. Poor world of Goo still got pirated.

Well I should have said lesson the impact of PC piracy. Because it's not going to stop. It's like saying there will never be another shop lifter in the world again. My mistake.

But, if World of Goo got released with an RRP of €40+ it would have been pirated a hell of a lot more, I reckon.

Is there any public chart tracking archives for steam? I would like to compare the sales of STALKER during launch at full RRP versus the sales of it during the mega Steam sale last Christmas.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Well I should have said lesson the impact of PC piracy. Because it's not going to stop. It's like saying there will never be another shop lifter in the world again. My mistake.

But, if World of Goo got released with an RRP of €40+ it would have been pirated a hell of a lot more, I reckon.

Is there any public chart tracking archives for steam? I would like to compare the sales of STALKER during launch at full RRP versus the sales of it during the mega Steam sale last Christmas.

No Valve have never released any Steam sales figures unfortunately.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

That would in absolutely no way be a reasonable or useful statistic, if all games were sold at fraction of the cost they would of course ship more units but not enough money would be brought in by a long shot, jaysus stalker was about a decade in development to and was a monster of game, to say it should be sold at a lower cost to stop thiefs from pirating it is a mess of an argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

mayordenis wrote: »
    That would in absolutely no way be a reasonable or useful statistic, if all games were sold at fraction of the cost they would of course ship more units but not enough money would be brought in by a long shot, jaysus stalker was about a decade in development to and was a monster of game, to say it should be sold at a lower cost to stop thiefs from pirating it is a mess of an argument.

Yeah but most bought all 3 during the special so it would work out as bascialy 2 budget titles and 1 half price game. Think i paid 40 for the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Amazon's "12 Days of Christmas sale" has some pretty decent gaming offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Bioshock 2 is €12.99 in Argos as is Halo ODST, both for xbox

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

calex71 wrote: »
    Bioshock 2 is €12.99 in Argos as is Halo ODST, both for xbox

Bioshock 2 for PS3 also €12.99 in Argos

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Augmented/dp/B004EHZHDA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1291645139&sr=8-1

Free delivery with Super Saver. Best price so far, worth preordering from here (you can always cancel...)

More details on the Augmented Edition:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/11/30/deus-ex-human-revolution-augmented-edition/

P.

Steam is doing a treasure hunt over the next few weeks up until the 20th of December (which happens to be the first day of the Steam Christmas Sales)
    Games go on sale (Chime €1 etc) during this treasure hunt too.
    Basically, there are opportunities to get entered into a draw for 5 games every day/round by doing certain tasks/treasures in certain games or on Steam. And those that get 10 treasures and log into Steam on the 20th will be eligible for entry into the grand prize draw for 100 games.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4739/

http://store.steampowered.com/treasurehunt

Steam is doing a treasure hunt over the next few weeks up until the 20th of December (which happens to be the first day of the Steam Christmas Sales)
    Games go on sale (Chime €1 etc) during this treasure hunt too.
    Basically, there are opportunities to get entered into a draw for 5 games every day/round by doing certain tasks/treasures in certain games or on Steam. And those that get 10 treasures and log into Steam on the 20th will be eligible for entry into the grand prize draw for 100 games.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/4739/

http://store.steampowered.com/treasurehunt

I was kinda meh on this....but then noticed you earn TF2 hats for completing objectives.

Bit expensive though, €35 to get RUSE for 1 objective...completionists are gona go mad. Nice idea though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

2 free games on the xbox marketplace

more info here --> http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056113818

• Advertisement

anyone know where i can pick up uncharted 2 the cheapest?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement