Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Turning acronyms to full phrase

Options
  • 21-10-2014 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I am currently working on a part of a project where I need to turn acronyms into there full phrase, or a list of possible full phrases, to analyse them. Someone has suggested I use YAGO(Yet Another Great Ontology), but I am struggling to get started with it as I can not find any good documentation/examples on how to use it with python. Does anybody know or has used any other tools/libraries that would be of use to this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rwsz365

Forgot to mention, the acronyms will be of organisation/company names eg RBS = Royal Bank of Scotland.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 el pibe

interesting stuff.
    I've had the quickest of digs. Yago uses turtle, which is RDF compliant, so RDLIB will serve you well with python

github.com/rdflib

Advertisement