Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

java exams worth having?

• 16-10-2014 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Im thinking of doing the java exams to have on top of my ordinary degree and just wondering if there worth having??

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I think so, for people starting out it looks good because it shows you have an active interest

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

hussey wrote: »
    I think so, for people starting out it looks good because it shows you have an active interest

Cheers, Im looking to get into java software development but im thinking it might be hard to get started without an honours degree so im looking at the oracle exams..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Is an honors degree on the cards for yourself now or in the future? It can be hard enough for graduates to obtain employment with one, but having certifications would be a distinct advantage. I would also look into Oracle DB Admin and Linux Certifications.

Advertisement