Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taking up the electric guitar

Options
  • 04-02-2005 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭

Ok, I've got a fairly substantial sound system, yamaha amp, Yamaha club v speakers, Behringer mixer etc etc, And i've been thinking its a bit of a waste having all this equiptment only using it every week or so, So i though i would put it to use.

I wan't to take up the electric guitar, Could somebody recommed a decent guitar for about €200, As you already know i don't need an amp or anything

Cheers
    Digiking

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

What sort of amp is it though? Is it just a PA? Cos if it is, then you will need an amp.

Anyway, Squiers are decent enough instruments for a beginner. But definately look into getting something second hand.

What sort of stuff do you want to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Why do i need an amp. Its a 1400watt pa, I have plugged many a guitar directly into my mixer and it works a treat. I don't think i need an amp

You'll get a FAR nicer sound from an amp. Or at least get a preamp to run between the guitar and the board. Something with some tonal options.

How much is a pre amp gonna be.

You could pick up a Pod 2 for €200.

Or get a microcube amp for €120ish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

POD 2 all the way for that purpose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

You can pick up a Behringer vamp for 100. Cheaper than the POD.

So i need to get a pre amp if i wan't to get really good sound and flexibality , Is there any that will fit into my flight box, with my mixer eq , amp etc etc.

Digiking

Advertisement