Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Books for age 4-6ish Re: little themes

• 15-08-2015 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

I am looking for some books for my 4 year old daughter to read to her that might relate to things such as, being nice to others, not throwing tantrums but more to chat about things, sharing, good manners, taking turns, being friendly, caring to others, all the things I guess you teach them but that they might remember also from reading a little story book relating to other characters...

Would appreciate any recommendations, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I can't remember any specific ones other than "Hands are not for Hitting" which would probably be too young for you but there is a whole series of them.

I do think there are some more available, I used to work in a book shop and we never had loads but there were always a few. I remember where they were in the shop, not the exact titles, it's been a few years now. If you go into a book shop that has a good kids section you should probably be able to find at least one that you like and once you have that, you can either get more in the serious by ordering in or buying on. You could probably find some online but I think in shop is better for those kinds of books as then you can see how difficult the reading standard is and the artwork. They would normally be in the same area as the first experiences (school, dentist etc) or potty training type books.

Advertisement