Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

First ever KISS expo in Ireland

• 16-06-2005 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

It will (hopefully) happen in 2006 - I am thinking about planning the first ever KISS expo in Dublin.

I left emails on all known KISS member pages, even on Vinnie Vincents.

Bruce Kulick answered me already telling me that someone will contact me regarding details as I was asking about his availabilty and the costs to bring him over.

I was thinking of having a best makeup / dress competition, hopefully a tribute band and so on.

I can´t do this on my own. Who is willing to help and has ideas. drop me an email: t.janak@gmx.de

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,489 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Myself and 3 others dressed up as KISS for UL rag week this year, but a lot of people didnt know what the hell we were. Most of those who knew we were KISS didnt know they actually existed and thought we copied them from family guy. I have pictures somewhere...

And yes, i was peter criss.

Are there any irish KISS tribute bands?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

There are no KISS tribute bands in Ireland, and that would worry me about any expo being put on - complete lack of interest.

Ireland never took to KISS the way the Americans took to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

While not a huge KISS fan, I would definitly go to a KISS expo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I wanted to start a Kiss tribute band at one stage, but wear fat suits aswell. Fat Kiss. I thought it would rule, my band was having none of it...
    Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Not a huge KISS fan but if you're arranging a tribute band look into gettting Mini-Kiss .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

I checked their page and wrote an email to them. So its all sit and wait again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

They were supposed to play the Point back in 96 during the first farewell tour. I was one of about 30 people who bought a ticket :(

Dunno if I'd be bothered with an expo though.

Mini Kiss would be available. Havent heard anything back from Bruce Kulick yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Nice one. I wouldn't mind seeing them perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Metal Hammer did a piece on all KISS albums this month, kinda like the best, the middle ground and then the ones you should avoid in the form of a Top 10 and they said that nothing post 1982 was worth talking about, so i suppose thats why they never made it big in Ireland at all, because prior to 1982 Ireland had no major metal concerts. In fact, the first major metal concert I remember in Ireland was at Bohemians Football Ground (Dallymount) in 1983, when Twisted Sister and Motorhead headlined this big thing. Black Sabbath were there as well, but they didnt have Ozzy at the time! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

That'd be cool. Id go to that.
    I wish Kiss would play here sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

KISS are such a bloody joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I can't help in any important way but I have a truck load of friends that would lvoe to go.

Also, Kiss do have some sort fan base here.
    Some friends of mine went to see 'Hotter than Hell', in the TBMC, who are apparently Europes leading KISS tribute band. I'm told they are as good as the real thing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

BleakestH wrote:
    KISS are such a bloody joke.

Eh no. They most certainly are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Metal Hammer did a piece on all KISS albums this month, kinda like the best, the middle ground and then the ones you should avoid in the form of a Top 10 and they said that nothing post 1982 was worth talking about, so i suppose thats why they never made it big in Ireland at all, because prior to 1982 Ireland had no major metal concerts. In fact, the first major metal concert I remember in Ireland was at Bohemians Football Ground (Dallymount) in 1983, when Twisted Sister and Motorhead headlined this big thing. Black Sabbath were there as well, but they didnt have Ozzy at the time! :mad:

I`m not sure Twisted Sister played at that festival.I think Mamas Boys played and also a Canadian band called Anvil.

Oh and the lead singer with Black Sabbath at the time..........Ian Gillan :D

I remember standing on the terrace at Dalymount while Motorhead were playing and feeling the bass vibrating from my toes to my head.They were that loud it actually hurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I went to see afore mentioned tribute band in the TBMC and they were awesome, and even better news two of the members are Irish, from belfast if i remember, and if i remember even more correctly they are based in Belfast. TJmusic.com I'll PM you with the email for contacting theband if that helps. Im sure i pulled up their site at some stage a while ago, if i manage to find it again ill post

EDIT: Found their site http://www.hotterthanhell.net/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

KISS are a load of bloody shi.te, If i ever met one of them with his bloody make-up on I'd just laugh straight at him, KISS are just simply terrible and responsible for spawning a load of **** bands.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

KISS are a load of bloody shi.te, If i ever met one of them with his bloody make-up on I'd just laugh straight at him, KISS are just simply terrible and responsible for spawning a load of **** bands.

Ok. Who did they spawn?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

Ravelleman wrote:
    Ok. Who did they spawn?

tribute bands!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

That is your opinion which of course you are entitled to.......but its simply not true :D

• Advertisement

KISS has always been controversial and it is because of their ability to change that their fans number in millions. I believe they did some dodgy albums to survive as well - never the less they are still BIG and if I can really manage to get the KISS expo going I expect nothing less than a full house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

just like KISS expected a full house in the point in 96?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Well, if Im in Ireland, I'd definatly go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

Ravelleman wrote:
    Eh no. They most certainly are not.
    Gene Simmons would agree with me, he openly admits he's in it for the money and little else.

Advertisement