Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

July 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

maidonamission I'm from April/May threads too, hi :) Since 5 weeks I've had pulling, stretching, cramping every single day, and am 20 weeks now. Even when docs/nurses ask if I've had any cramping (when I've told them I've had small bleeds/spotting) I've had to say "no more than I usually have", it's constant! I nearly split myself in half sneezing this morning, I never even knew any of this was a symptom beforehand (in hindsight how did I not realise that all this stretching would hurt), but it's very very normal. But then everyone has their own normal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I nearly split myself in half sneezing this morning, I never even knew any of this was a symptom beforehand (in hindsight how did I not realise that all this stretching would hurt), but it's very very normal. But then everyone has their own normal :)

Ha this made me lol - I thought it was only me. The pain in my stomach if I sneeze while lying down actually takes my breath away, so weird!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

My husband gets great entertainment out of me doubled over yelping from sneezing or sudden laughing, or getting up too fast...it's ridiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 maidonamission

maidonamission I'm from April/May threads too, hi :) Since 5 weeks I've had pulling, stretching, cramping every single day, and am 20 weeks now. Even when docs/nurses ask if I've had any cramping (when I've told them I've had small bleeds/spotting) I've had to say "no more than I usually have", it's constant! I nearly split myself in half sneezing this morning, I never even knew any of this was a symptom beforehand (in hindsight how did I not realise that all this stretching would hurt), but it's very very normal. But then everyone has their own normal :)

Haha, this made me lol too!:) Feel so much better after talking about this on here, I knew it was probably totally normal but it's great to talk to others about it particularly when we haven't told anyone yet. Was able to do a prenatal yoga class this evening without being too worried about it - though took it very easy. Figure it's better to do some exercise than none!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

You poor thing. This sounds the absolute worst. I feel very lucky to be on scheduled time off at the moment, I really don't think I could work through this. Even without the sickness I have such low energy at the moment. I feel useless!

Hope things are a bit better for you by now.

I'm a lot better than last week, thanks. My doc was very close to sending me to hospital this time last week, she gave me the letter to give to them if I had to go in but thankfully the non-stop vomiting stopped after Monday.

I'm still getting nausea but it's eased a bit in the last couple of days. I managed to get through the day in work today with no problems, such a relief. Hope it lasts :)

• Advertisement

And I have no idea what is going on with my tummy! I have a bump, which is clearly not baby at only 7 weeks, but more like constant bloat? I can't possibly have put on weight. I have been eating less than usual due to all the sickness. Have a scan next Monday, couldn't come sooner, I haven't gotten excited at all yet, due to how sick I have been I think, hard to stay positive, when I feel so down. So I am really hoping the scan will confirm all is well and remind me what is happening in there aside from all the sickness! Fingers crossed..

I have a bump too some days, it's definitely bloating cos it comes and goes. I swear I looked about 5 months' pregnant on Friday!

I hear ya on it being hard to stay positive, I was getting seriously depressed last week when I was just lying in bed feeling really sick all week. Felt very down in the dumps. I dragged myself over to a friend's house on Friday evening to watch a dvd and it did me the world of good just to get out of the house for a few hours. Feeling a lot more positive now. Can't wait for my scan this week. Like you said, it'll be a relief to confirm everything's well and that there's a good reason for all the sickness!

Where are you guys going for your scans? We're thinking of going for an early one as I'm with the Domino scheme and was told they generally don't do one til 18/20 weeks - there's no chance we'll have the patience to wait that long!
    I'm just in bits with tiredness this week - slept 9.30 to 7 last night and still feel like I could take a nap on my desk right now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Wholeheartedly

Where are you guys going for your scans? We're thinking of going for an early one as I'm with the Domino scheme and was told they generally don't do one til 18/20 weeks - there's no chance we'll have the patience to wait that long!
    I'm just in bits with tiredness this week - slept 9.30 to 7 last night and still feel like I could take a nap on my desk right now!!

I have one booked for next Monday afternoon! It's called the ultrasound suite, there is one in town and in bray. I heard from two people it was good. Really looking forward to it. I have been quite down with how sick I have been, that I am looking forward to being excited for the first time since we found out. I am always been baby mad and just love them and have always looked forward to having my own, in my innocence I never knew it would be like this. So something exciting like a scan was needed before 20 weeks! Which feels like a lifetime away right now.

I am going with the Domino system too. And after I got my booking reference number I talked to a midwife, she actually called me as I had left a message, it was on a particularly awful sick day and she woke up from a nap and altogether I asked all the questions and I can't remember if she said I would be emailed or posted out a form to fill in. It's been nearly two weeks and no word, is that normal or should I call again?

Sorry to hear about the tiredness! It's the pits. I have so little energy, I went for a walk last night and had to rest twice. Feel useless!

Hi Wholeheartedly, Is that the one on Grafton st? I liked the look of it but thought it said you needed a referral letter from a GP to go for an early scan there?

Is it the Domino scheme through Holles St? I phoned up the main booking number when I was looking to book as it said online to call to check there was availability, the person I spoke to emailed me the forms pretty much immediately, I filled them in, scanned them and emailed them back and got a call from one of the midwives later that afternoon as I'd written a question on the form. She was really lovely. Then I got a call from another midwife about 2/3 days later to say that I'd been officially accepted and to book me in for my first apt on 15/1 - she was the one who told me they generally don't scan until 18/20 weeks. I'd definitely follow up with them if you haven't received forms as I think they need the completed forms in order to be able to tell you that you're low risk enough to go with them...

To top off the tiredness today, I just got one of my first proper doses of nausea, made me dry heave - thankfully no one else was in the office at the time! Thought I was escaping morning sickness... Oh god, the glamour! :)

Hi Wholeheartedly, Is that the one on Grafton st? I liked the look of it but thought it said you needed a referral letter from a GP to go for an early scan there?

Is it the Domino scheme through Holles St? I phoned up the main booking number when I was looking to book as it said online to call to check there was availability, the person I spoke to emailed me the forms pretty much immediately, I filled them in, scanned them and emailed them back and got a call from one of the midwives later that afternoon as I'd written a question on the form. She was really lovely. Then I got a call from another midwife about 2/3 days later to say that I'd been officially accepted and to book me in for my first apt on 15/1 - she was the one who told me they generally don't scan until 18/20 weeks. I'd definitely follow up with them if you haven't received forms as I think they need the completed forms in order to be able to tell you that you're low risk enough to go with them...

To top off the tiredness today, I just got one of my first proper doses of nausea, made me dry heave - thankfully no one else was in the office at the time! Thought I was escaping morning sickness... Oh god, the glamour! :)

Yes, they have one on Grafton Street, but I am going to the one in Bray, closer and easier to get to than town. No referral needed. It was super quick and easy to make the appointment, I was only on the phone about 3 minutes and it was sorted. Made the appointment about two weeks ago but decided to wait until I was eight weeks.

Yes I am going with Holles Street. I made another phone call after your reply and left another message so hopefully they get back to me soon. The girl I talked to was lovely and very helpful, even offered to call back because I was so sleepy! So it must just be a small mistake, these things happen. As I am still quite early in the pregnancy, hopefully they still have lots of places for next July!

How far along are you? Can't believe you are only experiencing some nausea now. So envious! Since week four I had it. And tiredness even before that. It has floored me. No glamour at all!!

• Advertisement

Hmm, I wonder if they just require letters for the one on grafton street..? Must have another read of the website... Yes, I'd like to get one done at eight weeks, mainly because I managed to get myself unnecessarily worried over the last few days (particularly as I haven't had much sickness) but the husband wants to wait til at least 10 and, in fairness, he's probably right as they say sometimes they can't locate the heartbeat at 8 weeks and he knows that would freak me out entirely!

I'm sure the midwives will get back to you soon, and I'd say the fact that you got a booking reference already means that you've been allocated a place.

I'm 7+3 today, have had a few instances of nausea (including a really bad bout following a ginormous meal at the inlaws) but nothing too bad yet (knocking strongly on wood as I type this!) but the fact I've only had a little has also contributed to the worry. The tiredness is something else though and I've had that since about 3/4 weeks - I was so wrecked I was pretty sure I was pregnant before I took the test, it was that or I was really seriously unwell! I have found that I've gone off loads of foods though and I can only eat teeny tiny bird portions of things or I feel really bleurgh.

You must be at a similar number of weeks/days to me if you're 8 weeks next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Hmm, I wonder if they just require letters for the one on grafton street..? Must have another read of the website... Yes, I'd like to get one done at eight weeks, mainly because I managed to get myself unnecessarily worried over the last few days (particularly as I haven't had much sickness) but the husband wants to wait til at least 10 and, in fairness, he's probably right as they say sometimes they can't locate the heartbeat at 8 weeks and he knows that would freak me out entirely!

I'm sure the midwives will get back to you soon, and I'd say the fact that you got a booking reference already means that you've been allocated a place.

I'm 7+3 today, have had a few instances of nausea (including a really bad bout following a ginormous meal at the inlaws) but nothing too bad yet (knocking strongly on wood as I type this!) but the fact I've only had a little has also contributed to the worry. The tiredness is something else though and I've had that since about 3/4 weeks - I was so wrecked I was pretty sure I was pregnant before I took the test, it was that or I was really seriously unwell! I have found that I've gone off loads of foods though and I can only eat teeny tiny bird portions of things or I feel really bleurgh.

You must be at a similar number of weeks/days to me if you're 8 weeks next week?

Myself and the wife were in the Grafton St branch a couple of weeks ago for an early pregnancy scan. No referral required. There are other 'medical' scans they do there that they do require a referral from a GP for but not for the early pregnancy one.

All very quick and easy. Got a couple of photos and a CD with a short video too. Was great to see a heartbeat at 8 wks too.

Looking forward to the next scan now!

I just had another read too, no mention of Doctors letter for an early scan. Just give them a call! Go for it. I didn't know you might not get a heartbeat by 8 weeks, so I am glad you said it. That way I won't have a meltdown! The only thing I am freaked out about is two people have mentioned twins, even the thought scares me! Can you imagine? :/

I am 7+4 today! So basically the exact same. How exciting!! You have been so lucky with the lack of sickness. Couldn't move for about five hours yesterday I was so sick. And I have painful tummy muscles due to how violently I threw up yesterday and the day before. I am a huge foodie and normally am excited to eat all the time so this new thing of not feeling like so many things is a head wreak. Lots of my normal foods can't come near me!

Myself and the wife were in the Grafton St branch a couple of weeks ago for an early pregnancy scan. No referral required. There are other 'medical' scans they do there that they do require a referral from a GP for but not for the early pregnancy one.

All very quick and easy. Got a couple of photos and a CD with a short video too. Was great to see a heartbeat at 8 wks too.

Looking forward to the next scan now!

Thanks Skittlebrau, will definitely check it again as going to Grafton Street would suit us way more than the place in Blackrock I was looking at

I just had another read too, no mention of Doctors letter for an early scan. Just give them a call! Go for it. I didn't know you might not get a heartbeat by 8 weeks, so I am glad you said it. That way I won't have a meltdown! The only thing I am freaked out about is two people have mentioned twins, even the thought scares me! Can you imagine? :/

I am 7+4 today! So basically the exact same. How exciting!! You have been so lucky with the lack of sickness. Couldn't move for about five hours yesterday I was so sick. And I have painful tummy muscles due to how violently I threw up yesterday and the day before. I am a huge foodie and normally am excited to eat all the time so this new thing of not feeling like so many things is a head wreak. Lots of my normal foods can't come near me!

Oh my word, I can't even think about twins! The thoughts of taking care of one teeny baby is mindboggling enough!

From what I read most places recommend waiting til at least 8 week for a better chance of hearing the heartbeat but that sometimes peoples dates are off so they might only be 6/7 still and not hear a heartbeat or it could be difficult to hear depending on where it's located. Can't wait to hear how you get on!

God, you poor thing, sounds like you're having a really rotten time. I'm quite the foodie too so it is odd for me to be turned off things that I normally love but thanks be to jeepers that I'm not getting sick *knocks on wood like crazy*

maidonamission, you are so lucky you haven't been sick! I'm completely fed up of it at this stage, can't wait for this first trimester to be over. I have my early scan tomorrow evening in Blackrock so that's been keeping me going this week. I'm also counting down til the Christmas break when I won't have to sit in work all day feeling like crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

Maidonamission best of luck sorting out an early scan and enjoy being nausea free!
    Greenorchard you sound like you're having a really tough time. Are you still vomiting loads or more nauseous?
    I'm starting to lose weight here from the nausea; just have no interest in anything and can't stand being in the kitchen really. Am counting down the days til 12/13 weeks as that's when it lifted last time. Was off work last week and it helped a little but still had a toddler to run after!
    Also had an early scan last week, all looking good. Am 9+2 today, although scan reckons it could be as far as 9+6. Not gonna change my dates but secretly hoping the sickness will lift 4 days earlier than I thought!
    Good luck to all getting early scans soon

Drdoc, I'm still vomiting but not as much, maybe once a day most days but the nausea's there most of the day. Thankfully I haven't had a repeat of last Monday yet, where I vomited non-stop all day.

Today I got sick just the once but I was in work at the time. It's horrible having to go back to your desk and pretend everything's normal! I have quite a long commute so have to be up between 6:15 - 6:30 every morning so I don't think that's helping with the nausea. Once I get through the next couple of weeks of work though I'll be off then til the 5th of Jan, by which time I should be about 12 weeks so at least there's a light at the end of tunnel now!

maidonamission, you are so lucky you haven't been sick! I'm completely fed up of it at this stage, can't wait for this first trimester to be over. I have my early scan tomorrow evening in Blackrock so that's been keeping me going this week. I'm also counting down til the Christmas break when I won't have to sit in work all day feeling like crap!

Very exciting! Looking forward to hearing how you get on! Going to ring my insurance company today as I think they give a contribution towards an early scan so going to find out which company that's with and then try to book one in for during the Christmas break at about the 10 week mark.

Hopefully you get a good rest over Christmas and start feeling better x

I think I may have jinxed myself, feeling very green at the mo :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Hi all

Has anyone had a nuchal test done in the DUblin area or somewhere within a hour or so drive? Looking to get it done soon and was wondering if anyone had any experiences?

Also my wife is terrified of giving birth naturally due to her experiences working with disabled children (many of whom ran into complications during birth). Has anyone had a similar experience? From what we have heard C sections are not something you just ask for and the consultant/doctor can refuse

So I had my scan this evening and everything looks good :) I'm also a few days further along than I though which was music to my ears! I had thought I was no more than 8+2 as my cycles are a bit longer than the standard 28 days so I was going by when I ovulated, but they put me at 8+5 which is more in line with the EDD my GP gave me going by my last period. I know it doesn't sound like much but when you've bad sickness it's great to find out you're a bit closer to 12 weeks than you thought! So my due date is the 18th July :)

So I had my scan this evening and everything looks good :) I'm also a few days further along than I though which was music to my ears! I had thought I was no more than 8+2 as my cycles are a bit longer than the standard 28 days so I was going by when I ovulated, but they put me at 8+5 which is more in line with the EDD my GP gave me going by my last period. I know it doesn't sound like much but when you've bad sickness it's great to find out you're a bit closer to 12 weeks than you thought! So my due date is the 18th July :)

That's great news that everything's looking good and that you've a couple of extra days under your belt! Have my scan booked now for the 2nd of Jan, feels aaaages away though!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Duberlin Chick

Oh sweet Jesus I've had to sleep on my recliner sofa for the past couple of nights otherwise I feel like I'm on a boat when I lie flat on the bed. And I am hungry every second of the day! This has the potential to get out of hand pretty quick lol :o

Best of luck everyone with your early scans! Mines not until the 22nd January?!?! Be nearly 14wks at that stage /:

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Hope you're all doing well ladies. Unfortunately our pregnancy journey has come to a sad end. Best of luck to the rest of you. And honestly, don't knock the morning sickness and symptoms. Reading them with envy now!! x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Oh Kkcatlou I'm so sorry. Look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Drdoc

So sorry to hear that kkcatlou. Look after yourself.

So sorry to hear that kkcatlou. Mind yourself & I hope you get a sticky bean soon x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

So sorry to hear this kkcatlou. Take care x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

Thanks a million! It's been a tough few days, but when things are bad, you realise how lucky you are in other ways. Really wishing you all all the best! Not long left of the morning sickness for most of you now!! Enjoy the scans too! When it's good, it's brilliant!!

Advertisement