Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Pregnant Womans Moan Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Really pissed off today. I've been late to work a couple of times lately because I have morning sickness which makes pre 10am a bloody nightmare. Today someone gave out to me for being late and I wanted to scream at them "I'm f***ing pregnant, cut me some slack!" but of course I'm smack in the middle of my first trimester so no one at work can know.

UGHHHH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Dobbit wrote: »
    Really pissed off today. I've been late to work a couple of times lately because I have morning sickness which makes pre 10am a bloody nightmare. Today someone gave out to me for being late and I wanted to scream at them "I'm f***ing pregnant, cut me some slack!" but of course I'm smack in the middle of my first trimester so no one at work can know.

UGHHHH.

Awh that's what's so annoying because alot of people say the first trimester is the worst yet you also have to keep it quiet!

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Awh that's what's so annoying because alot of people say the first trimester is the worst yet you also have to keep it quiet!

Thankfully my boss is very supportive so I know once I tell her, she'll be lovely about it but keeping it a secret is so tough. I don't want her to think I'm **** at my job, I'm **** at my entire life right now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Have a cold at the minute, just had a sneezing fit & wet myself a little.....dignity there's the door ---->
    :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Edema. My feet have grown over a full size in swelling in the last two days. Elevation, epsom salt baths etc don't seem to be working yet. They are ugly as sin :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Pregnancy insomnia, I hate you!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

I'm so tearful it's not funny. The smallest thing is setting me off. I've just about held it together at work but I've had a few meltdowns and it makes me feel stupid and guilty.

im getting a sore throat from getting sick every day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Yes I'm overdue. No your texts /calls don't help in anyways. And no I'm not going out for a run in the wind and rain. She will come when she's good and ready!!

Also people telling me how huge I am,I'm pregnant gonna loose this look when I give birth. Is it ok if I comment on how huge you have gotten?? Grrrr

And the final trimester aches, pains & sleepless night have begun :(
    Can't sleep on any one side for more than a half hour or so at a time so I'm constantly tossing & turning. Hips & ribs are so achy I feel like I've done some extreme work out!!
    Urgh is it April yet, I'm done already :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭greenorchard

Only 10:30 & I've puked 4 times today already. I'm close to 15 weeks, please let it stop soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

In and out to the coombe like a bloody yoyo-four days this week?! Mom, tue, wed and fri! Can I be induced already to hell with it? I'm so done

Only 10:30 & I've puked 4 times today already. I'm close to 15 weeks, please let it stop soon :(

Started to taper off for me at 16 weeks, hopefully you get some relief soon x

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Started to taper off for me at 16 weeks, hopefully you get some relief soon x

Thank you, I really hope so!

I know this is the moan thread but im almost 16 weeks pregnant and the last two days have been great. A little bit of nausea once or twice but nothing major.

It is amazing how much the nausea and vomiting can get you down and how different you feel when it goes. Mine got worse in week 15 so it seemed to get worse before it got better. I hope im not speaking too soon but im so grateful for the last two days and my mood and energy is much better :)

So just for anyone still going through it, hopefully it will be over for you soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

Oh Saralee4 I hope I'll be the same. 15 +1 and feel as bad as ever. Spent Sunday night vomiting up my dinner and am back to feeling nauseous and completely wrecked in the evenings. It's really getting me down. I actually went to bed when I got home from work yesterday evening and was asleep before 9. Was really hoping it would have gotten better by now :(

Nead21 wrote: »
    Oh Saralee4 I hope I'll be the same. 15 +1 and feel as bad as ever. Spent Sunday night vomiting up my dinner and am back to feeling nauseous and completely wrecked in the evenings. It's really getting me down. I actually went to bed when I got home from work yesterday evening and was asleep before 9. Was really hoping it would have gotten better by now :(

I know Nead21. Its such a horrible feeling. On Saturday I had it really bad and didn't keep anything down all day and I was up at 5 in the morning gagging again. Sunday was fairly bad too but then Monday it just kind of disappeared.

I am 15 weeks and 5 days or something. Hopefully yours will be gone soon. Keep us updated. Until then just eat plain foods and get plenty of rest.

I can't wait for mine to lift, I got into bed & cried when I got home from work last night. It's exhausting dealing with constant vomiting for so long.

I can't wait for mine to lift, I got into bed & cried when I got home from work last night. It's exhausting dealing with constant vomiting for so long.

Awh you poor thing. It's overwhelming isn't it. It's hard to concentrate on anything else and it just drags on. How long are you gone now?

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Awh you poor thing. It's overwhelming isn't it. It's hard to concentrate on anything else and it just drags on. How long are you gone now?

I'll be 15 weeks on Friday. I had a few vomit-free days there so I thought I was getting better but yesterday I was back to being as bad as ever. I can handle the days of nausea but the days when I'm constantly puking really get me down. I was late for work today too cos I was vomiting up my breakfast & missed my bus. Fingers crossed it gets better soon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

I managed my first lunch in donkeys completely without gagging, I am practically delirious with happiness. I can't tell anyone else as no one in work knows I am pregnant but I had to tell someone I feel like a new woman after it. Such a small thing I know.

On the other hand I am so exhausted. It's crazy. I am finding it really hard to concentrate when people are talking to me. I could fall asleep right at my desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Pelvic pain... Omfg I didn't think it would be this bad yet. It's not all the time thank God but last night I was in so much pain I could barely walk then when I went to bed woke up in pain every time I moved in my sleep. I'm only 26 weeks, really was hoping nothing like this would start until a bit later. So have had barely any sleep and am off to work a 10 hour shift where I'll be on my feet all day :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Pelvic pain... Omfg I didn't think it would be this bad yet. It's not all the time thank God but last night I was in so much pain I could barely walk then when I went to bed woke up in pain every time I moved in my sleep. I'm only 26 weeks, really was hoping nothing like this would start until a bit later. So have had barely any sleep and am off to work a 10 hour shift where I'll be on my feet all day :(
    I went to a physio with pelvic pain at around 22 weeks. Wasn't even showing!! But she gave me a list of exercises and some changes to make to my routine and by following what she told me it totally improved. I'm overdue now and didn't suffer too badly at all but it's because I got help early. Worth €40 to see a private physio asap.

I went to a physio with pelvic pain at around 22 weeks. Wasn't even showing!! But she gave me a list of exercises and some changes to make to my routine and by following what she told me it totally improved. I'm overdue now and didn't suffer too badly at all but it's because I got help early. Worth €40 to see a private physio asap.

Oh thank you! I will give them a call later, that would be totally worth it!! Need to get one of those body pillows too to try and help me sleep properly in bed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

The pelvic pain is because yout pelvis is moving and spreading, not related as much to weight of baby on it so it can start whenever, I had it at 12-13 weeks. I previously hurt mu pelvis last year so could cope with the pain some bit, it's some shock to the system.

I went for a deep tissue massage for it which helped a lot. Hurt like hell, but helped :) the physio at the antenatal class also gave lots of advice on dealing with pelvic pain if you haven't done the class yet that should help too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭moving_home

Mine was caused by early onset spd. Best to get checked by a professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I have pelvic pain the last few weeks and hoping to get to a physio next week. But I do recommend a pillow between your knees at night. I find it definitely helps.

Blingy wrote: »
    I have pelvic pain the last few weeks and hoping to get to a physio next week. But I do recommend a pillow between your knees at night. I find it definitely helps.

It's funny, my friend says the pillow makes it feel worse, she says the extra "weight" of the pillow and her leg hurts her bottom leg! I've never heard of the pillow making it worse, God love her.

In the meantime angeldelight keep your legs together when getting out of bed or out of the car or anything like that, and the physio said to grab either side of your thighs/pelvis with your hands and hold them together when you need to move, this will provide a bit of external support. Heat or ice are good too obviously, she said most people go with heat :)

Thanks for the tips! The only way I could walk at all last night was sideways like a crab haha glamorous!

• Advertisement

Yeah sometimes (before pregnancy but after pelvis injury, which was very minor) after a long day standing at work if I tried to get back up after sitting down I would literally yelp my way from the couch to the hall, shuffling and hobbling and having to grab things to not fall down :( It's rotten, but at least it prepared me for it happening now.

I'm fine now after having a few maintenance massages on it, so definitely go for a massage or to a physio, or osteopath, etc. When I hurt it first I was just putting something in a drawer, it's the classic "lean and twist" injury apparently.

Advertisement