Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I insist on redundancy?

• 20-02-2012 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My employer put the whole workforce on a 3 day week about 15months ago and said it was only temporary until things picked up. Now business seems back to normal but the employer is refussing to bring people back on 5 days. We have contracts that specify a 40 hour week. At this stage I would just prefer the redundancy payment even if it only based on a 3 day week and just go somewhere else. Can i insist on being made redundant due to not being given the hours as stated in my contract??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭okiss

If you look up www.citizensinformation.ie and under unemployment and redundancy click on lay off, short time working and redundancy you will find the information you need.
    I would also contact the department of social welfare to see how this would effect you and to find out what you could claim in if you do this.
    This is important as you need to keep up you stamps for benefit purposes.

Advertisement