Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Anyone found any "quality" left backs yet for the EPL?

Most I can find like "a cole" are just fairly good

heard alot of positives about Lucas Digne but I think he is pretty young, i think he is at Lille but he isnt in my load so Im not too sure how good he is, I ended up getting Insua, ex Liverpool left back but he is nothing special but I was stuck for one for my second season, just had wayne bridge on loan for my first season

• Registered Users Posts: 18,952 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Anyone found any "quality" left backs yet for the EPL?

Most I can find like "a cole" are just fairly good
    haven't played 2012 in the prem yet (looking likely for playoffs in Championship this season though) but full backs always come at a premium in FM in my experience. I found one in 2011 that's the best I've ever seen and got him in only for the board to sell him for 20m when I'm in the CL places in January. Year before I had to drop €23m on Rafinha to sort out RB.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

When is the 1st patch due for release?

Its staggering the amount of obvious bugs that make it past their testers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Aly Cissokho from Lyon did the buisness for me in the past. Havent managed a top club yet this year so havent gotten around to trying him out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Cissokho of Lyon, does/did a great job in my first game. Gets in on the assists and the odd goal.

Alex Sandro of Santos, excels from the age of 23/24 and is the Brazil #1 in my current game (2017)

Danny Wilson of Liverpool is excellent at LB. if you can afford him that is. His current value in my game is £40 million :eek:

Lucas Digne of Lille, becomes #1 French left back

Fabio Coentrao of Benfica, one of the best left sided players in the game

And last but not least is Chelsea's own Ryan Bertrand. Becomes one of the best left backs in the EPL.

Jack Robinson of Liverpool could be another option.

If the players aren't at the clubs I listed, either search for them or go their club's transfer history and look em up.

Taken from the Play Recommendations thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Dempsey wrote: »
    When is the 1st patch due for release?

Its staggering the amount of obvious bugs that make it past their testers.

What bugs have you noticed?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

mrmorgan wrote: »

i've had moeny go to other clubs from transfers (dammit birmingham give me back that 2 million!) and maybe the amount of injuries. Apart from that i haven't noticed anything to crazy.

For LB i recommend Liverpools Jack Robinson. I have him starting now in some fairly big games and he is right up there with the best.

Oh and actually on talk of patch and updates will i be able to carry on with my save game this time? I know when i updated 2010 i had to start a new game to get all the content changes. With this release and the ability to add leagues through the game at the end of seasons will it be the same for the patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

danniemcq wrote: »
    mrmorgan wrote: »

i've had moeny go to other clubs from transfers (dammit birmingham give me back that 2 million!) and maybe the amount of injuries. Apart from that i haven't noticed anything to crazy.

For LB i recommend Liverpools Jack Robinson. I have him starting now in some fairly big games and he is right up there with the best.

Oh and actually on talk of patch and updates will i be able to carry on with my save game this time? I know when i updated 2010 i had to start a new game to get all the content changes. With this release and the ability to add leagues through the game at the end of seasons will it be the same for the patch?
    Ya the injuries are very very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Yakult wrote: »
    Taken from the Play Recommendations thread.

Thanks for all the suggestions

Went for Jack robinson in the end, 17 mill + another 5 for appearances.
    I'm sure he will be worth it as Lahm is only 40 mill!

http://footballmanagerstory.com/scout/2011/11/fm-2012-player-profile-jack-robinson/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Right, decided Im going to buy this today. Instead of working for the last hour Ive been daydreaming about which team Im going to pick

Anzhi Machakala, PSG or Malaga

All mega-loaded clubs. Started with Zenit in FM11 so may try elsewhere than Russia. Any other random enough clubs worth looking at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

Right, decided Im going to buy this today. Instead of working for the last hour Ive been daydreaming about which team Im going to pick

Anzhi Machakala, PSG or Malaga

All mega-loaded clubs. Started with Zenit in FM11 so may try elsewhere than Russia. Any other random enough clubs worth looking at?

Been playing away with PSG for 6 seasons now.

have 38m unspent transfer budget this season. I spent the whole game buying up all the young talent in the game, they need game time.....

Lack of experience has cost me though..... lost 4 cup finals in the last 2 seasons :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

ive heard anzhi isnt realistic, really they should have a gigantic wage budget, but i don't think they do

I am petrified at that thought of losing the game through it failing to load etc. happened me with fm11 after about 16/17 seasons of play. i was gutted. what is the best way to ensure your game survives any mishaps?

I am petrified at that thought of losing the game through it failing to load etc. happened me with fm11 after about 16/17 seasons of play. i was gutted. what is the best way to ensure your game survives any mishaps?

frequent saves and back up them up to usb\portable HD\etc
    the data is in documents so thats normally covered by a normal backup

you do back up dont you?;)

diarmuid05 wrote: »
    Been playing away with PSG for 6 seasons now.

have 38m unspent transfer budget this season. I spent the whole game buying up all the young talent in the game, they need game time.....

Lack of experience has cost me though..... lost 4 cup finals in the last 2 seasons :(

Yep I did that, bought way to many and now selling them off cheap

frequent saves and back up them up to usb\portable HD\etc
    the data is in documents so thats normally covered by a normal backup

you do back up dont you?;)

I'd like to and I want to, but I am such an absolute imbecile when it comes to basic computer knowledge that i simply dont know how to do it!

I'd like to and I want to, but I am such an absolute imbecile when it comes to basic computer knowledge that i simply dont know how to do it!
    Basically, copy and paste the save folder to somewhere else on the computer every so often. :)

i'm fecking delighted and its got nothing to do with results. The computer i used to use i thought was kinda some way decent, the first few rounds of the FA cup could take maybe 5 mins for the results to all generate and even saturday games in the PL would take a fair while.

Built new computer recently and got FM going on it last night. sweet jesus i barely have time to blink before everything is done, gonna be flying through the season now! can even watch in 3d now (although its terrible when you see some of the misses that were only hinted at when it was all dots)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Lads didn't want to start a new thread...

I corrupted my save file, is there any way to fix it or have I caused myself extreme emotional pain?

Any help greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Where's the cheapest place to buy it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Brilliant price but can't wait any longer to get it!Has to be done tomorrow :p

Won the League in the second season at Newcastle, pretty strong squad built, did poorly in the cups. Sir Alex is after retiring and most the Man U coaches were released so I picked up a few of them, strong in that department now too.
    After signing Leandro Damiao, needed a top striker. Would love to add Papadopolous (Greek Centre Back from Schalke) too but they want over £25 million.

Lads didn't want to start a new thread...

I corrupted my save file, is there any way to fix it or have I caused myself extreme emotional pain?

Any help greatly appreciated

any chance you had an autosave set up, you might lose a few matches but you might get lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

tvercetti wrote: »
    Won the League in the second season at Newcastle, pretty strong squad built, did poorly in the cups. Sir Alex is after retiring and most the Man U coaches were released so I picked up a few of them, strong in that department now too.
    After signing Leandro Damiao, needed a top striker. Would love to add Papadopolous (Greek Centre Back from Schalke) too but they want over £25 million.

i hope your an unbelievable player coz if not i dont like the sound of that. 2 seasons for a team like newcastle should be solidifying a top 7 place, mayb on the fringes of fourth and with luck mayb somehow sneaking into cl places. i mean chelsea man city united, not including liverpool and arsenal or spurs should be massive obstacles so unless you have a massive budget i think this is unrealistic. in a league like bundesliga mayb where league is even this would make sense but not in england.

EdenHazard wrote: »
    i hope your an unbelievable player coz if not i dont like the sound of that. 2 seasons for a team like newcastle should be solidifying a top 7 place, mayb on the fringes of fourth and with luck mayb somehow sneaking into cl places. i mean chelsea man city united, not including liverpool and arsenal or spurs should be massive obstacles so unless you have a massive budget i think this is unrealistic. in a league like bundesliga mayb where league is even this would make sense but not in england.

if you scroll back to page 33 you can see my first season squad and I took them to second, at the end of the first season theres alot of players going cheap and even free, the likes of anelka, muntari, gago, adebayor, not that i bought all those players. At the moment Arjen Robben is a free agent, Fernando Torres is available for less than 10million and Tevez is available for 5 million (obviously wages will be an issue), in my case i made signings with payment spread out through future initiatives, i will post some squad screenshots in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Genie Scout 2012 is out now. You can get it here

I won't be able to try until tomorrow (going to cut up some timber to keep me warm for the winter) so let us know if its any good

The first 2 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does everyone else find that a lot happens in most games in the first 2 mins?

I'm seeing a lot of early goals, for both sides, injuries that force a sub and players sent off (Usually mine!)

What gives?? Very annoying :eek::eek:

The first 2 mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does everyone else find that a lot happens in most games in the first 2 mins?

I'm seeing a lot of early goals, for both sides, injuries that force a sub and players sent off (Usually mine!)

What gives?? Very annoying :eek::eek:
    The most annoying thing that I've found is if you have a goal dissallowed, the opposition will almost always score on their next attack (or shortly thereafter). A double insult :(

• Advertisement

Another bug?

This ones quite good though

My scouts have recommended a young Barca player, Oscar Zamora 17 years old, right winger\am

Looks quite a talent, have to pay 1.91m compensation
    Scout says he will probably ask for wages of between 15 and 20k a week!

Yet when I approach to sign, he only wants 9k a week and I can get him down to 8.5!

Also, has anyione else noticed the high number of 14 and 15 year old "key players" who cost 20 million and more??!!!
    I even found one that they wanted 40 million for!

Advertisement