Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strava Boards.ie Club

• 28-09-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭

Yes, another Strava thread!

I see there's a club on there for Boards.ie, would be good to get a few more people listed :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Any idea if you can upload .csv files to Strava?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Plastik

Don't have a conclusive answer for that. If you want to upload a file from your laptop it says file formats supported are .gpx, .tcx and .fit.

Ta. Will have a rummage around the support forums.

daragh_ wrote: »
    Ta. Will have a rummage around the support forums buy a Germin Edge 500 so.

;)

stuck with my phone for the foreseeable!

• Advertisement

I noticed something on there the other day about the site being both iphone and android compatible if you're rocking one of those OS's.

I've got the Strava App on my iPhone but have never used it. Mostly I use MapMyRide and Cyclemeter, with mixed results.

Cyclemeter lets you export your data as a CSV file. I was interested to see how Strava would interpret it, hence my question.

You'll just have to take my word that all my pre-strava spins were awesome, and that my decline in performance since is because I keep stopping to check my phone/have a cold/malicious headwinds/something else which I'll invent later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭cantalach

The Strava iPhone and Android apps are a bit sh1te. You'll get much better results with a Garmin.

I know. Sadly I'm skint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Joined.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

daragh_ wrote: »
    I've got the Strava App on my iPhone but have never used it. Mostly I use MapMyRide and Cyclemeter, with mixed results.

Cyclemeter lets you export your data as a CSV file. I was interested to see how Strava would interpret it, hence my question.

You'll just have to take my word that all my pre-strava spins were awesome, and that my decline in performance since is because I keep stopping to check my phone/have a cold/malicious headwinds/something else which I'll invent later.

I'm using Sports Tracker on a Symbian phone. It has auto uploads to sports-tracker.com but also exports gpx which suits mapmyride and strava etc. They have android and iphone apps too.

Got some GPX files out of Cyclemeter and managed to upload them into Strava.
    The ones I exported from MapMyRide crashed and burned halfway through processing.

Still, it's pretty nifty. Today I've had the opportunity to examine in fine detail just how crap I am :D

I such a nervous descender. I may as well be walking down from the Sally Gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

Is the club set up as a cycling club, or does it even give that option? They updated it for running recently so I've been loading a lot of runs into it, would be wary of joining the club and having the "Recent Activity" thing be full of me on 8km plods.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

just joined up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

had to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I'm in :D

Have joined the clubvelo cycling comp. which puts the boards.ie team 208th on the list !

http://app.strava.com/komchallenge/club/overall?page=11

we r up to 165th, page 9, 2 more billy goats have joined !
    http://app.strava.com/komchallenge/club/overall?page=9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

seve65 wrote: »
    we r up to 165th, page 9, 2 more billy goats have joined !
    http://app.strava.com/komchallenge/club/overall?page=9

i was one of the joiners, and tis far from a billy goat i am!! LOL

• Advertisement

I joined also but it's not showing yet, we should be up to 161.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

joined into boards .ie

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SACH Central

I've joined too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Added my weight to the project up to 142nd now.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭mfdc

Something's messed up with that contest, it tells me I've got 5000m climbing this year but my profile page says I've 12,000m. Hope it just takes a while to update.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

I'm in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭karlmyson

I'm in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Everytime I hit the join button this happens:
    We couldn't find the page you were looking for.

Please check to make sure you've entered the correct web address.
    If you followed a link from another website, please report the problem and we'll do our best to fix it.
    Go back to the previous page or return to dashboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 AthenryLeads

Joined!!

Advertisement