Bumper Accomodation Thread *Put ALL Accomodation queries here* - Page 64 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-05-2015, 08:14   #946
R2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa limerick View Post
Did you get an email as confirmation of paying or anything??
No I didn't ... Did you?? They said they sent out a questionnaire during the summer to see what roommates you'd fit well with so maybe it will come with that
Advertisement
19-05-2015, 10:42   #947
LauraKc

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2015 View Post
Yep just got it yesterday!
When did you apply because I applied really early and didn't get a place even though it's supposed to be first come first served and I know someone who got a place and applied after me...
19-05-2015, 11:14   #948
R2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKc View Post
When did you apply because I applied really early and didn't get a place even though it's supposed to be first come first served and I know someone who got a place and applied after me...
I applied at 9:01
19-05-2015, 11:55   #949
LauraKc

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2015 View Post
I applied at 9:01
Same! It's so unfair that just seconds decide who gets in and who doesn't. I am on the waiting list though... Does anybody know whether I am likely to get a place on the waiting list?

Where else in cork is good?
19-05-2015, 19:17   #950
pa limerick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraKc View Post
I applied at 9:00 and got a place, I also know people that applied later and got a place while people who applied earlier didn't
Advertisement
19-05-2015, 22:34   #951
quartzxx7

Does anyone know how likely it is to get accommodation when you're on the waiting list? I've only applied to everywhere i can think of on campus yesterday and today but as I'm going to be a first year I wanted to be on campus and preferably with other 1st years. I was sure I was gonna get victoria mills but even thought i applied at 9.10 I didnt get a place :/ Starting to panic now as everywhere seems to be full!
21-05-2015, 22:23   #952
Jlayay

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartzxx7 View Post
Does anyone know how likely it is to get accommodation when you're on the waiting list? I've only applied to everywhere i can think of on campus yesterday and today but as I'm going to be a first year I wanted to be on campus and preferably with other 1st years. I was sure I was gonna get victoria mills but even thought i applied at 9.10 I didnt get a place :/ Starting to panic now as everywhere seems to be full!
Have you tried The Spires? They're pretty mixed I think they told me that usually first years go on the bottom floors while the more mature/older students are on top. Still had space when I emailed them.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion