Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

police cert

• 12-06-2014 1:06am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭

i applied for a police certificate yesterday. i wasrequired to include a stamped self addressed envelope with the request letter. i think that's incredibly odd. do the garda have a budget on how much they spend on stamps and envelopes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nd001

que pasa wrote: »
    i applied for a police certificate yesterday. i wasrequired to include a stamped self addressed envelope with the request letter. i think that's incredibly odd. do the garda have a budget on how much they spend on stamps and envelopes?

In all fairness they are doing the check for your benefit so that you can get your visa I think the least you can do is provide your own envelope and stamp. If they had to pay for this it would only take money away from already very tight budgets in relation to ags main task crime prevention/investigation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

In Victoria that cert will cost you about 40 bucks. That however includes the stamp.

What would you prefer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭que pasa

Don't get me wrong, I'm on the Garda's side here.

I would of thought that the Garda would have had a licensed stamp as most other government departments have.

I find it hard to believe coppers have to go out and buy their own stamps ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Don't get me wrong, I'm on the Garda's side here.

I would of thought that the Garda would have had a licensed stamp as most other government departments have.

I find it hard to believe coppers have to go out and buy their own stamps ha ha

I recall the good member at the desk stating.

Whatever you do, do not forget the stamp. He had a very wide grin on his face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭que pasa

Zambia wrote: »
    I recall the good member at the desk stating.

Whatever you do, do not forget the stamp. He had a very wide grin on his face.

Are you for real?

• Advertisement
Advertisement