Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommended Movies on TV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Icarus Wings

Good choice tonight! -

The Coen Brothers' No Country for Old Men is on RTÉ 2at 9:00pm.

Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino is on TV3 at 11:40pm.

Classic sci-fi with Ridley Scott's Blade Runner on RTÉ 2 at 12:00am.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Assassins is on TV3 tonight at 9pm

Quills is on TG4 tonight at 9.50pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Two good films from TV3 tonight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

Hurt Locker is on CH4 at 10.

Never thought much of it but was raved about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Wong Kar Wei's spellbinding martial arts fable "Ashes of Time" is on Film 4 at 1.05am. Beautifully shot and mysterious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

old hippy wrote: »
    Wong Kar Wei's spellbinding martial arts fable "Ashes of Time" is on Film 4 at 1.05am. Beautifully shot and mysterious.

Will have to Sky Plus that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

High Fidelity now on TG4.

Unstoppable is on RTE1 at 21.35

Source Code CH4 at 21.00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

Source Code CH4 at 21.00

Just went to watch it and screen was blank. On the info it said "not available in ROI". (Sky customer).

What's that all about?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Not all CH4 programs are licensed to be viewed in Ireland.

To get around it just take your viewing card out and restart your sky box - will default to UK mode giving you full access.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Or if you have a Sky HD box, tune in C4 HD in other channels and watch in hi def. :D

bucks73 wrote: »
    Or if you have a Sky HD box, tune in C4 HD in other channels and watch in hi def. :D
    Not blocked aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Nope. The HD version is the FTA UK version of C4 so nothing will be blocked.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Tyrannosaur is on Film 4 tonight at 23:50. Very though film to watch but well worth a watch if you haven't seen it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,215 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Tyrannosaur is on Film 4 tonight at 23:50. Very though film to watch but well worth a watch if you haven't seen it already.

About to post same myself. Olivia Colman's performance is devastating.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Birneybau wrote: »

I'm afraid if I ever met her I'd have to hug her. The scene towards the end where she talks about how all she ever wanted was to be a mum just rips your heart out and stomps all over it. Incredible, and quite appalling that she didn't win all the awards ever given out that year.

So it's not about a dinosaur...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Birneybau wrote: »

She's brilliant in everything she does. An absolute star. Possibly one of the most underrated actors on telly at the moment.

She was even brilliant in that rubbish nudist film some years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Town with Ben Affleck (he also directs) is on RTE 1 next Wednesday

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

the painted veil on bbc 2 around 11.50pm tonight, norton and watts, i thought it would be dull but it was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 12,955 ✭✭✭✭bnt

RTE2, 9:30PM: Harry Brown. I haven't seen this yet, but I've seen it compared favourably to Gran Torino, with Michael Caine as a London pensioner out for revenge after the law fails.

Also: Dirty Dancing is on TV3 at 9PM. Not exactly my cup of tea, but when I saw it a few years ago, I thought it did what a Saturday Night film is supposed to do and then some. A chance to see Patrick Swayze in his prime - he also wrote and sang one of the songs.

Then, if you're up late: Porky's on Ch4, 12:20. One of the first "gross-out" sex comedies, not as crazy as some later ones, but with a decent cast and an actual story to tell. Watch out for a character named "Meat", and how people react to his "attributes": not what you'd expect. :o

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

predators film 4 at 21.00

The newer one where the preds take the human soldiers off
    to another planet
    to kick their asses. Very good I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

Vertigo itv3 6.25

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Once Upon a Time in Anatolia is on Film4 tomorrow evening. One of the best films of last year. Very slow but rewarding police procedural cum existential mediation featuring some stunning night-time digital photography and atmospheric sound design.

Firewall TV3 at 22.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Sky Arts 1 are showing the 3Colours trilogy over the next 3 weekends; started tonight with Blue, replay at 3am if anyone needs to record it.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The Town with Ben Affleck (he also directs) is on RTE 1 next Wednesday
    Bumpity Bump @ 21.35

Only a small number of films made in the last few years worth watching the second time, this be one, for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Only a small number of films made in the last few years worth watching the second time, this be one, for me anyway.

Agreed, a brilliant and easily re watchable film

Advertisement