Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awful Songs From the Past-80s,90s etc....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

Seasan wrote: »
    Can anyone remember this dance/rave song from the 90s where me wan is singin this in the chorus:

"I gotta warn you...
    Max
    Don't have sex
    With your ex,
    It'll make your life complex...."

I used to laugh me arse off every time I heard that one :-)
    Found it....

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

Zaph wrote: »
    Sabrina sang "Boys, boys boys"

bloody hell! I'd forgotten about that one!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

What was that dance tune that was a big hit in the late 90s that had a female vocal repeating the words "hes gonna be big" and the more it went on it started sounding like "hes got a big d.....k"?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

darkdubh wrote: »
    What was that dance tune that was a big hit in the late 90s that had a female vocal repeating the words "hes gonna be big" and the more it went on it started sounding like "hes got a big d.....k"?

Professional widow. Wouldn't call it awful...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I have absolutely no idea.

Twas just a little flashback I had when we were mentioning mickey-takes,and all that came to me mind was the start of the chorus which went with:

"Wo ho,wo ho Cabbage-head........"

I can't even remember any of the other lyrics-I just remember that my older brothers found it very funny.....

It was Dermot Morgan, I think he only sang it on TV, possibly on a variety show or 'The Live Mike'. He had other parody songs released in the 80s though.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Professional widow. Wouldn't call it awful...

Thats it,had no idea it was Tori Amos.I don't think its an awful song,just the thread got me thinking about half remembered songs from the distant and not so distant past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

bloody hell! I'd forgotten about that one!

The Sabrina track is great. I play it every few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,822 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

chakotha wrote: »

I disagree :) totally forgot about this song. It was a very subversive song , they never explained the lyrics at the time ......
    The song was a combination of political satire and off-colour humour wrapped in nursery rhyme style lyrics. The protagonist, John Wayne, is performing sexual intercourse with a Native American female. When Wayne's bandolier restricts their intimacy, she suggests he removes it. He refuses and suggests he sodomises her instead:

So she says to him - Take off that thing, It's getting right between us.
    Now listen honey I can't do that, not even for you my sweetness.
    Now Big John, if that's a fact, then how'd you propose we do our act?
    If that's the way it's gonna be, get the hell out of my tepee.
    Now speckled hen just stop your squawkin', Big Bad Rooster's doin' the talking.
    I know a trick we ought to try, turn right over - you'll know why.

—Haysi Fantaysi, John Wayne is Big Leggy lyrics

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

This was the earliest use of computer animation in a music video.Pre-dated Dire Straits Money For Nothing by a couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Lipps Inc - Funky Town.

Absolutely no surprise that this one came from Germany. Gets extra bonus points for cowbell and the "singer" with the scarey starey eyes.

• Advertisement

Lipps Inc - Funky Town.

Absolutely no surprise that this one came from Germany. Gets extra bonus points for cowbell and the "singer" with the scarey starey eyes.

I thought they were from Minneapolis,Princes hometown.

darkdubh wrote: »
    I thought they were from Minneapolis,Princes hometown.

Ah so they were. The video was definitely shot in germany though, that's what mixed me up.

Here's a group that are definitely german anyway

Somebody please tell me they remembers these two shockers,otherwise I'll think I'm in cloud cuckooland.....

This one was weird enough,with weird music,it might well have been from a kids programme or something,and the lyrics went:
    "We love chocolate,boy....it brings me so much joy...."

And wasn't there this band called "The Fast Food Poppers" who had a truly terrible dance song all about take-away food?

Somebody please tell me they remembers these two shockers,otherwise I'll think I'm in cloud cuckooland.....

This one was weird enough,with weird music,it might well have been from a kids programme or something,and the lyrics went:
    "We love chocolate,boy....it brings me so much joy...."

And wasn't there this band called "The Fast Food Poppers" who had a truly terrible dance song all about take-away food?

The second is the Fast Food Rockers. 2003. The album is called It's Easy Being Cheesy.

Another classic from Will Powers with that oh so early 80s video.Could never figure out of that was a Tranny in the video,though looking at it now I think the answer to that is yes.

The album - Dancing For Mental Health - is excellent. The track also appears on the first Now album.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

love that will powers song, btw thats carly simon doing the accompaniment

Europe has been responsible for some great awful songs all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭George White

Caonima wrote: »
    arrrgghhhhhhhh, make it stopppppppppppppppppp :eek:

God the Pearson family, as they were.
    They were supposed to be the British Jacksons, after Musical Youth, that was.
    Wasn't one of the girls called Doris? How could you be a sexy pop star called Doris?
    The two brothers were Stedman and Delroy IIRC.
    I remember they bought this big house somewhere in Surrey and they had a recording studio, and loads of sports cars, which they had to drive around the grounds, as most of them were still under 17!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Currently watching "Top 50 Biggest LOLs from the 90s" on The Vault and right now they're playing The Cartoons "Witch Doctor".
    Before that it was Daphne & Celeste "Ooh Stick You."

I cringe.

• Advertisement

I heard someone doing a country music version of this song on the radio today.

I don't know which version is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

This, or in fact anything by U2 - the only group in history that couldn't play their instruments when they started out and still can't. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Superman by Black Lace

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Touch and Go - Would you

How it made any money I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

I used to think that song was referencing Bishop Tuttu.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

I'd be very happy to leave your toot toot alone missus.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,247 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

According to Wikipedia Mike Denver has done a version, so good chance it might have been him you heard. Bizarrely, it appears that the original was a zydeco song (a Cajun style of music originating in Louisiana) and won a Grammy for Best Ethnic or Traditional Folk recording in 1986.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Toot_Toot

Although I like zydeco music, I've never heard the original, but the version above is bloody awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Watching reruns of Top Of The Tops 1992 on BBC4 when this abomination charted. There were a few terrible video game spin off singles from that time, the Tetris one being another.

• Advertisement

Heard this on my local radio station today,and while many would not see this as an awful song,when I heard that "Kyrie Elaison" song by Mister Mister I remembered how I used to absolutely hate the chorus..... maybe because the same words were repeated all the time and used to drive me mad

Advertisement