Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

If ye get Waterford would you fancy your chances?

Repeat of 07 even.

Definitely.

They might be slight favourites but I don't see any reason why we couldn't win it. Especially since we look able to score lots of goals, all of the forwards that might possibly get a start have scored goals in the Championship this year bar Downes who terrorised Waterford last year. Waterford's defence is obviously stronger but I think we'd score a few anyway. I couldn't see there being more than 3 points in it either way.

I'd say it's a similar story with Cork, both teams would fancy their chances against Waterford...but I'm really scared of Kilkenny. I know Galway showed they can be beaten but...I think they're just an absolutely brilliant outfit and will bounce back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭derealbadger

If we get Waterford we have about 55-60% chance of winning

Get Kilkenny we have about .01% chance.

On escaping the Cats
    OOOOHHHHH YOU LUCKY

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Waterford it is, happy days. Really looking forward to that one, should be a fairly even game, definitely one we can win.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Fancy Cork myself, having played both teams, I think Cork have the more balance, Waterford are far too reliant on Mullane, aside from him Prendergast is the only other forward that can win ball and he can't score!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Connorzee

Any word on train specials to thurles?? They were doin €20 return for d earlier round

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,020 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Team will be announced tomorrow night. I wonder will he mix it up again. Don't think there are any major injury worries - Joyce maybe.
    I really hope our forwards continue scoring as well as they have been and the defence tightens up. If that happens, I'd be confident of a win.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sheao

Think Cork have enough in them to beat Waterford. Going to be a good game .

The Cork Senior Hurling team to play Waterford in Sunday's All-Ireland Quarter-Final at 2pm in Thurles will line out as follows:

1. Anthony Nash

2. Shane O Neill 3. Stephen Mc Donnell 4. Brian Murphy

5. Tom Kenny 6. Eoin Cadogan 7. Sean Óg Ó hAilpin

8. Daniel Kearney 9. Pa Cronin

10. Conor Lehane 11. Cian McCarthy 12. Niall McCarthy

13. Paudie O'Sullivan 14. Luke O'Farrell 15. Patrick Horgan

Subs:
    16. Darren McCarthy Ballymartle
    17. Conor O'Sullivan Sarsfields
    18. Damien Cahalane St. Finbarr's
    19. Kilian Murphy Erin's Own
    20. William Egan Kilbrin
    21. John Gardiner Na Piarsaigh
    22. Lorcan McLoughlin Kanturk
    23. Cathal Naughton Newtownshandrum
    24. Darren Sweetnam Dohenys
    25. Jamie Coughlan Newtownshandrum
    26. Stephen Moylan Douglas

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

3 different full backs in 3 games. We already have used cahalane, o'sullivan, joyce, egan, in the backs plus whats picked for sunday so much uncertainty. I am shocked sean og is starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

What is shocking about Sean Og starting? They've been looking to drop Egan for weeks and Sean Og came on for him the last day.

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    What is shocking about Sean Og starting? They've been looking to drop Egan for weeks and Sean Og came on for him the last day.

He has not featured all year bar last 8 mins against wexford. Fear for his legs if its a dry day. Feel conor o'sullivan is very unlucky to not start

I reckon Seán Óg will do ok. He's not the kind of player to go on 40yard runs. He will certainly bring a lot of experience with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

So, confident?

So, confident?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Burke15

great to see Seán Óg back in the starting 15. A real leader

So, confident?

Yes, I think Cork will beat Waterford tomorrow - not by much, but they will win.

Two Cork lads out tomorrow apparently, if you haven't put money on Waterford do so now.

Two Cork lads out tomorrow apparently, if you haven't put money on Waterford do so now.

Who exactly? Also Corks bench includes a number of players who could have started anyway.

Lehane is out anyway.

Lehane is out anyway.

Pity - if he is. Plenty of options in the forwards - including Cronin, allowing for further options at midfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭glengirlie

Which Terrace will Cork fans be in on Sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Lehane is out anyway.

That would be a big loss. If it was one of the wing backs I wouldn't be too worried if I was ye, but any the loss of 1 or 2 forwards would be a big blow.

glengirlie wrote: »

All over the place I'd say?

'glengirlie' is a great name btw. ;)

glengirlie wrote: »

Normally the Town End.

Kildare it is then, bring them on!!!

And then Kerry or Donegal in the semi!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 christine08

Definitely the tougher route to the All Ireland if we can make it... Just means if we can get there no one can say it was a "soft" AI!!

Dublin have a nice soft route on paper. Interesting to see how kerry cope with donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Dublin have a nice soft route on paper. Interesting to see how kerry cope with donegal
    Donegal will make it hard for Kerry but,thinl Kerry will win. Cork could very well fcuk up against Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Donegal will make it hard for Kerry but,think Kerry will win. Cork could very well fcuk up against Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Kildare it is then, bring them on!!!

And then Kerry or Donegal in the semi!

Ye usually go weak at the knees at the sight of green and gold in dublin....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement