Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭lisa_celtic

intouch44 wrote: »
    ali85 congratulations on arsenals win and more importantly on not binging while watching it :D

am having a good weekend, fish in the oven for dinner, plenty of exercise done this week and lots of water drank!

am hitting tgi next week with my friend- looking forward to the yummy fajitas, hope I can steer clear of the cocktails, am hoping for a loss this week to motivate me to be good next week!! but anyway one week at a time, am so proud of myself for staying on the wagon this weekend :D

Just in case you need it here is the pp for tgi fridays

rib eye steak and chips - 34pp's
    jack daniels chicken 37pp's
    southwest burger - 55pp's
    bbq burger - 53pp's
    classic cheeseburger - 44pp's
    double stacked bacon cheeseburger - 77pp's
    chicken fingers - 36pp's
    sizzling chicken - 38pp's
    wicked chicken - 33pp's
    grilled chicken sandwich - 30pp's
    sizxling fajita & chicken 29pp's
    sizzling vege fajita - 25pp's
    cajun chicken penne - 30pp's
    spicy diablo pasta - 18pp's
    bbq chicken salad 21pp's
    chicken caesar salad - 24pp's
    j.d salmon salad 20pp's
    " SHRIMP SALAD 17pp's

these are the pp for everything that comes on your plate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭RachaelFergie

intouch44 wrote: »
    just wanna double check how many pp in one of these, I worked it out at 3pp but the box was ripped in 2 so not 100% sure!!

Are they nice or very processed??

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

RachaelFergie- I don't find them too processed, love them with a medallion chopped up and a bit of cheese too- yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

ali85 wrote: »
    hi folks.. wondering if yas can help... want to get a fitness dvd.... am on play.com right now... :D

i know people were talking about davinas one... just wondering what one is the best? there are loads!!!! haha

I use Davina's Super Body Workout ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niamh94

Hey all :)

Just checking in to say lent is the best thing to happen to my ww journey so far! I didn't think I ate that much junk but even staying off it for a few days has me feeling so much better! I'm thinking this MIGHT have kicked my crisps habit :O

All my exams are over for now (did the hpat yesterday) so I have a few months to get properly back on track with my weight loss :)

Well done on all the losses :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭username2010

Evening All!!....
    Hope everyone is well and had a good weekend....
    Today is my WI day (doing WW online), and got over the stone mark...Down 1st and 1lb now...Really pleased...
    I found the past week quite tough - I didn't have enough food in, so couldn't bulk up on veg, and was eating less food but with high pp value...
    Did a big shop yesterday, so all set for the week now...

A lot of people on here talking about fitness DVDs...have never tried one, but as everyone is raving about Davina's DVD, I might have to give it a go...She's very good on Biggest Loser...
    am struggling with my knee this weekend big time... flares up every now and again so i have been walking and trying to do exercises that don't really involve me legs.

Ali85 - I have trouble with one of my knees too...Cycling, swimming and rowing are great for the knee as there's no impact - You could maybe try one of those...

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ali85

Evening All!!....
    Hope everyone is well and had a good weekend....
    Today is my WI day (doing WW online), and got over the stone mark...Down 1st and 1lb now...Really pleased...
    I found the past week quite tough - I didn't have enough food in, so couldn't bulk up on veg, and was eating less food but with high pp value...
    Did a big shop yesterday, so all set for the week now...

A lot of people on here talking about fitness DVDs...have never tried one, but as everyone is raving about Davina's DVD, I might have to give it a go...She's very good on Biggest Loser...

Ali85 - I have trouble with one of my knees too...Cycling, swimming and rowing are great for the knee as there's no impact - You could maybe try one of those...

Thanks for the tip username... :D

I am waiting for two Wii games to be delivered. Wii Fit Plus and My Fitness Coach Dance Workout... :D really looking forward to trying them out. I have the My Fitness Coach already and I find it quite good. Very good for cardio work out.

Going to try and give my aul peg leg a bit of a rest up. Made some more activity points this evening but thats me done now till tomorrow evening. Think I might go swimming tomorrow evening... :D

Just updated my blog.... http://alibx.blogspot.com/

Feels good to vent while the other half is watching crappola on the TV! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Hi all!

Really missing my computer, checking on my phone is a real pain!

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Had a few treats but still have 27 weeklies left and have clocked up a few exercise points too. Feelin pretty good too so hopefully it'll show on the scales on Tuesday.

My cupcakes turned out pretty great, melted some dark chocolate with a tiny bit of milk and icing sugar for the icing and it was much better than the cream cheese icing and didn't change the points. Gonna post the recipe on my blog as soon as I get my computer back up and running!!

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Cliodhna26

I have a query about the ham I had with my chicken dinner today!

If there is something I need to know the nutritional value for and I don't have it to hand, I go to the Tesco website and get it all from there.
    This evening I went and looked up the ham, it came out as 0pp per slice, I'm thinking this is because the fat value was 'trace' and I put it as 0 in the calculator?

Should I have put it in as 1g?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

How do you find this? Has it had any impact with weight loss and toning? I have ordered this as part of a boxset and I also have ordered her new DVD. I have 2 weeks off coming up so my plan is to really put an effort into them. I have done the Power of 3 one for the last 5 days and I am noticing a difference. I'm hoping with a combination of the 3 DVDs I'll finally sort out my legs and bingo wings.

For anyone with bad knees, some of Davina's DVDs may not suit as they can involve intervals of jumping and some of the squats can be tough on the knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Cliodhna26 wrote: »
    I have a query about the ham I had with my chicken dinner today!

If there is something I need to know the nutritional value for and I don't have it to hand, I go to the Tesco website and get it all from there.
    This evening I went and looked up the ham, it came out as 0pp per slice, I'm thinking this is because the fat value was 'trace' and I put it as 0 in the calculator?

Should I have put it in as 1g?

No, if it is trace I always put it in at 0 because there would only be a tiny bit in it. A lot of ham slices, you can get 2 slices for 1PP, so 1 slice probably is 0PP.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭BaileyPants

Eabhabear wrote: »

How do you find this? Has it had any impact with weight loss and toning? I have ordered this as part of a boxset and I also have ordered her new DVD. I have 2 weeks off coming up so my plan is to really put an effort into them. I have done the Power of 3 one for the last 5 days and I am noticing a difference. I'm hoping with a combination of the 3 DVDs I'll finally sort out my legs and bingo wings.

For anyone with bad knees, some of Davina's DVDs may not suit as they can involve intervals of jumping and some of the squats can be tough on the knees.

I think it's great! God ur legs & a*s are just jelly afterwards :-) I don't know if it makes a difference alone because I'm loosing weight & inches by WW & exercising you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Just in case you need it here is the pp for tgi fridays

rib eye steak and chips - 34pp's
    jack daniels chicken 37pp's
    southwest burger - 55pp's
    bbq burger - 53pp's
    classic cheeseburger - 44pp's
    double stacked bacon cheeseburger - 77pp's
    chicken fingers - 36pp's
    sizzling chicken - 38pp's
    wicked chicken - 33pp's
    grilled chicken sandwich - 30pp's
    sizxling fajita & chicken 29pp's
    sizzling vege fajita - 25pp's
    cajun chicken penne - 30pp's
    spicy diablo pasta - 18pp's
    bbq chicken salad 21pp's
    chicken caesar salad - 24pp's
    j.d salmon salad 20pp's
    " SHRIMP SALAD 17pp's

these are the pp for everything that comes on your plate :)

HOLY CRAP what are they putting in their food, are they injecting it with fat LOL
    Thanks for the tip username... :D

I am waiting for two Wii games to be delivered. Wii Fit Plus and My Fitness Coach Dance Workout... :D really looking forward to trying them out. I have the My Fitness Coach already and I find it quite good. Very good for cardio work out.

Going to try and give my aul peg leg a bit of a rest up. Made some more activity points this evening but thats me done now till tomorrow evening. Think I might go swimming tomorrow evening... :D

Let me know what the Dance one is like I'm looking out for one, I have the wii fit plus, been using my EA active fit game more though on a 9 week program brilliant it is!

My weekend was very quite went in to my weeklies a lot, even though Im not over I've still a good 20 left I feel up! :confused: I think TOTM is just around the corner have a feeling I will be up this week! regardless of what I do! not going to stop me though :)

I think it's great! God ur legs & a*s are just jelly afterwards :-) I don't know if it makes a difference alone because I'm loosing weight & inches by WW & exercising you know.

Got the email from play.com this morning to say my two Wii games have been posted. I'm really excited to give them a go. Should be fun with my dd dancing around the sitting room. She was doing the Wii fit along with me (well doing some of the boxing until she got bored... haha). She loves dancing (has failed miserably to try and teach me how to shuffle "everyday I'm shuffling" ) but she is enjoying all the activities we are doing now. Its a good education for her to keep active. She still has her goodies and all that, but she is loving the fact that we can have fun while we get active, that its not all spending hours sweating on a treadmill.

Have been working hard this week, and had a sneaky look at the scales this morning... I am still the same... Sometimes when I have a look, especially in the morning I see that I am down a pound or something... but this week... NOTHING... think I might be coming up on TOTM again... just going to persevere and see how I get on come Wednesday. I know I am doing everything right... so fingers crossed. Maybe the new work outs will give me a bit of a boost.

Got the email from play.com this morning to say my two Wii games have been posted. I'm really excited to give them a go. Should be fun with my dd dancing around the sitting room. She was doing the Wii fit along with me (well doing some of the boxing until she got bored... haha). She loves dancing (has failed miserably to try and teach me how to shuffle "everyday I'm shuffling" ) but she is enjoying all the activities we are doing now. Its a good education for her to keep active. She still has her goodies and all that, but she is loving the fact that we can have fun while we get active, that its not all spending hours sweating on a treadmill.

Have been working hard this week, and had a sneaky look at the scales this morning... I am still the same... Sometimes when I have a look, especially in the morning I see that I am down a pound or something... but this week... NOTHING... think I might be coming up on TOTM again... just going to persevere and see how I get on come Wednesday. I know I am doing everything right... so fingers crossed. Maybe the new work outs will give me a bit of a boost.

The cheeky looks are the worst, I weighed myself and the gym saturday and it said I was down 6lbs but then my dOctor weighed me this morning and I was the same as last WI. So you never really know!

The cheeky looks are the worst, I weighed myself and the gym saturday and it said I was down 6lbs but then my dOctor weighed me this morning and I was the same as last WI. So you never really know!

That's it. You can never tell. Am just going to try and be good for the next few days... going to go swimming this evening, make up a few more activity points. I always feel better in myself when I get them over the 15 mark each week. Some weeks I'm really good and get it up over the 25 but if i break the 15 this week I will be happy....

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭shellybelly08

Hello :-) happy Monday!! It's nearly Tuesday here thou!! Very proud of myself had no treats tonight after dinner and I'm down to 28pp now too determined to strive on thru to WI on Saturday to get another loss!! I may be back in the zone yussss!!! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kellygalway

I think Any of Davina's dvd's are good, if you do them regularly, normally when i do them i can really feel it the following day esp in my legs.i've just started doing it again. I'm useless at the core stability section (in the 3 30 min workout dvd) i have literally no upper body strength i'd say!:) Have ordered whole body workout now should have it any day think it'll be good to alternate btwn them. Roll on the inch losses (hopefully!!)

fingers crossed for WI wed, 7.5 Down 31.5 to go!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

I weigh myself every morning (find it good for keeping me focused) but since the Wednesday after my weigh in, the scales have me up 2lbs. At first I was like, that's okay, I had a large meal Tuesday evening but this morning I weighed myself and I was still 2lbs up. I've been within my points this weeks and have used over half of my weeklies. So I'm a bit disappointed, as I reached my stone last week but will have lost that if I'm up 2 lbs :( Plus I can't even blame it on TOTM. Oh well, I'll just have to hope for the best tomorrow. I don't think I'll be able to make next week's meeting so I'll have to be really motivated and focused for the next two weeks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Had a brill weekend down in killarney, but a massive line is now bEen drawn under it!!lol on the plus side our apartment was ritgh in the town centre so we walked everywhere over the few days!!
    Back to normal now again, so allerg to being in work tho, but jus had a lovely couscous and chicken salad.
    I get my lunch break super early in work and I really find the 3pm slump hits me hard by 2 half 2, any1 got any tips 2 get through the slump? On bad days I awlays end up reachin 4 a chocolate brownie and then spend the rest of afternoon giving out to myself about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Danii86 wrote: »
    Had a brill weekend down in killarney, but a massive line is now bEen drawn under it!!lol on the plus side our apartment was ritgh in the town centre so we walked everywhere over the few days!!
    Back to normal now again, so allerg to being in work tho, but jus had a lovely couscous and chicken salad.
    I get my lunch break super early in work and I really find the 3pm slump hits me hard by 2 half 2, any1 got any tips 2 get through the slump? On bad days I awlays end up reachin 4 a chocolate brownie and then spend the rest of afternoon giving out to myself about it!!!

I swear by a banana and if all else fails how about a curly wurly or something smaller low pp to hit the spot! I find if I have fruit, then it urge for something sweet goes, but I know sometimes when the chocolate and fruit is right in front of you its soooo hard to chose so have fruit and if you still have the urge have a treat! sorry I've nothing better for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭shortstuff!

Im finally back in the zone, after spending the past 8 weeks going to meetings and only kinda trying, I decided that I wouldnt go last tuesday but went out and bought a pretty little notepad instead to use as my tracker! Weighed myself wednesday morning (not pretty) & have stayed within 26pp everyday & only used 5weeklies so far! Really hoping for a good loss this week:)

This thread is great for keeping on track, some great posts, saved me from a 27pp milkshake from eddie rockets last night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭SkinnyDoll

Hi all... Motivation has been a little low now the New Year buzz is long gone.. and some of my followers have been asking for a 'challenge' as such... so if anyone is interested I'm starting a mini challenge for Easter ....

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/2012/02/skinny-bunny-challange.html

No need to check in if you don't want to.. but there's 7 weeks to Easter and a a mini challenge it might make a 1/2 stone before we face all the summer gear coming into the shops!

Doll x

I think Any of Davina's dvd's are good, if you do them regularly, normally when i do them i can really feel it the following day esp in my legs.i've just started doing it again. I'm useless at the core stability section (in the 3 30 min workout dvd) i have literally no upper body strength i'd say!:) Have ordered whole body workout now should have it any day think it'll be good to alternate btwn them. Roll on the inch losses (hopefully!!)

fingers crossed for WI wed, 7.5 Down 31.5 to go!:o

I'm exactly the same as you. I went on the My Fitness Coach wii game last week for the first time, and one of the tasks it sets is how many push ups you can comfortably complete... ehhh 4!! :P and the last 2 weren't exactly the most comfortable! The legs are grand but the upper body is a joke!

I have WI on Wednesday too.... have 13.5lb down and 28 to go!

Just wanted to have a bit of a rant about my doctor (or the one i went to see today) Didn't get to go to my usual doctor and the one I went to seemed obsessed with my weight. My doctor has discussed my weight with me before but never in such a heavy handed way as this one. I had told her that I was currently getting a handle on my weight and had lost a stone or a quarter of my target loss in the past 7 weeks. But she just kept harping on about it. And every single thing I had to discuss with her she put it down to my weight being the problem. She didn't even seem to want to entertain the possibility of it being anything else. To me she did not put my mind at ease on anything at all, so now I have to pay to go see my real doctor again to be sure. Kept mentioning the fact I am medically obese (which according to my BMI I am, but I am on the brink of breaking that, only a couple of pounds more and I wont be and I also had told her I was aware of my weight issues). Now I am totally aware of my weight issues but I think she could have laid off a bit considering the fact that I had proven to be doing something about it and her focusing on it so much just made me feel rotten. Also I wouldn't even mind but she is not a healthy weight herself - maybe not obese but definitely overweight. Obviously I am not going to let it sabotage my efforts but surely they should be trained in better ways of tackling weight management - I know my usual doctor is much better at encouraging weight loss.

Sorry rant over

I weigh myself every morning (find it good for keeping me focused) but since the Wednesday after my weigh in, the scales have me up 2lbs. At first I was like, that's okay, I had a large meal Tuesday evening but this morning I weighed myself and I was still 2lbs up. I've been within my points this weeks and have used over half of my weeklies. So I'm a bit disappointed, as I reached my stone last week but will have lost that if I'm up 2 lbs :( Plus I can't even blame it on TOTM. Oh well, I'll just have to hope for the best tomorrow. I don't think I'll be able to make next week's meeting so I'll have to be really motivated and focused for the next two weeks!

Ah we will get there eventually West Wing. I know I shouldn't be weighing myself, but like you say its a good way of motivating yourself. I know my scales isn't as accurate but being down is being down... being up unfortunately means up. I am just hoping that by some miracle the numbers start moving in a downward direction before Wednesday evening...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I'm going to be down on Wednesday. My home scales is telling me 2lb at the moment, but I don't dare to dream it. I'm 2.5lb to goal. I was 10st3 this morning, I actually can't remember being that weight in the past 12 years, I don't think I have.

I'm laying into the water here at my desk.

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'm going to be down on Wednesday. My home scales is telling me 2lb at the moment, but I don't dare to dream it. I'm 2.5lb to goal. I was 10st3 this morning, I actually can't remember being that weight in the past 12 years, I don't think I have.

I have my fingers and toes crossed for ya Das Kitty! you are so close! That gold card will be yours in no time at all!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

Das Kitty wrote: »

Keep thinkin thin thoughts!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement