Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Mr Browne was right when he said that some viewers might be unhappy with blocking him out, show the bistards face. grrrr

He went to college to learn about Sociology, aha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 51,118 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Should we take up a collection for the poor lad ?

So far this guy has had methodone programmes, college programmes, psychologists all freeeeeeeeeeeee, crime pays its fact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He said that his employer fired him exclusively because they found out about his past. Is it just me or was his physiological response to the "And were you still on drugs" question something that would have sent off red flags on a polygraph?

• Advertisement

OK back to studio, first question from VB to FG member of the panel - ok, so what are FG gonna do about it?

I've a feeling I'll be switching off v soon

This lad is on a mission of some sort. He has Vinnie twisted around his little finger. Nothing was his fault and he got no help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Well, all of it is his own fault so far...

His own fault he was beaten as a child ? I know you'll whinge and moan about anything Vincent has on the show but thats a bit much.

MungBean wrote: »
    His own fault he was beaten as a child ? I know you'll whinge and moan about anything Vincent has on the show but thats a bit much.

If Vincent met a lad like this across his sitting room at 4am in the morning, he would change his tune..

Fair enough if he's "paid off his debt to society" as it's called, even though his victims are still traumatised after his armed assaults... But dont come on the show looking for sympathy.

And the crime victims helpline comes up ! HA !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,799 ✭✭✭take everything

In fairness i think he is genuine enough.

Edit: But i think he's more concerned about what happened to him than what he has done to others.

If Vincent met a lad like this across his sitting room at 4am in the morning, he would change his tune..

Fair enough if he's "paid off his debt to society" as it's called, even though his victims are still traumatised after his armed assaults... But dont come on the show looking for sympathy.

I dont care whether he's looking for or getting sympathy but you cant ignore the factors that led to his living that kind of life. These people are not just born as scumbags they grow up in an environment that makes them scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Seems genuine, sort of - but am I the only one thinking he's spouting lines he's learned in counselling along the way?

ETA - and who's chattering in the background?

He was probably crying too much

I dont care whether he's looking for or getting sympathy but you cant ignore the factors that led to his living that kind of life. These people are not just born as scumbags they grow up in an environment that makes them scumbags.

That will be of great benefit to the two people he claims to have left on life support.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Janedoe10

Guy knows it is over . Is his victims meant to forget ...? Isn't the world a better place . What a load of clap trap ....

That will be of great benefit to the two people he claims to have left on life support.

So label him scum and not bother trying to understand why he is that way ?

Bullsh1te - his life is repeated in every part of Ireland and not everyone that had no money turned out to be a druggie and a criminal, thousands of people grew up in families that had nothing but didn't go on to be criminals.

No matter how bad his life was, he has no right to put somebody else on a life support machine or to put a gun in somebody's face.... Sure there were contributory factors, but Vincent seem adamant to blame everything on "society" because it suits his own agenda.

Vincent gives no weight at all to the freewill these people have to make right or wrong decisions, and that they choose to use their freewill to inflict huge damage on to others..

See post 3979.

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    B*ll**** - his life is repeated in every part of Ireland and not everyone that had no money turned out to be a druggie and a criminal, thousands of people grew up in families that had nothing but didn't go on to be criminals.

Not everyone but the overwhelming majority of "druggie criminals" come from those backgrounds. Its common sense that if you grow up in that environment exposed to crime, drug abuse and violence theres a high likelihood you will end up living that life for long after you childhood.

Christ they've managed to find a woman more aggressive than Clare Daly. :eek:

No matter how bad his life was, he has no right to put somebody else on a life support machine or to put a gun in somebody's face.... Sure there were contributory factors, but Vincent seem adamant to blame everything on "society" because it suits his own agenda.

Vincent gives no weight at all to the freewill these people have to make right or wrong decisions, and that they choose to use their freewill to inflict huge damage on to others..

I'm not saying he has and Vincent isnt blaming "society" because it suits his agenda he's questioning how this problem can be addressed.

Would you rather sweep it all under the rug and just wait until some other junkie puts someone else on a life support ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

Bullsh1te - his life is repeated in every part of Ireland and not everyone that had no money turned out to be a druggie and a criminal, thousands of people grew up in families that had nothing but didn't go on to be criminals.
    How many people do know with loving parents, who ended up in prison?

Not everyone but the overwhelming majority of "druggie criminals" come from those backgrounds. Its common sense that if you grow up in that environment exposed to crime, drug abuse and violence theres a high likelihood you will end up living that life for long after you childhood.

You chose your own course in life, I repeat - the far majority of people who grow up in tough circumstances go on to lead law abiding lives, just because you have a poor/broken/bad background it doesn't mean you will automatically be a criminal and whatismore is that it's not an excuse to blame your background on being a criminal. Criminality is a life choice it seems. Take responsibility.

See how the Travellers would feel if we DID put the bondholders money in to their haltings sites, and then they have no social welfare and child benefit next month when the Troika pulls the plug on our bailout money.

I have a funny feeling that Vincent aint gonna like what he hears on the Twitter machine.

You chose your own course in life, I repeat - the far majority of people who grow up in tough circumstances go on to lead law abiding lives, just because you have a poor/broken/bad background it doesn't mean you will automatically be a criminal and whatismore is that it's not an excuse to blame your background on being a criminal. Criminality is a life choice it seems. Take responsibility.

So you think background has nothing to do with it ? Is there the same percentage of people from wealthy backgrounds living this type of life ? Of course not, because the reasons these people live this lifestyle is because they are exposed to violence, drugs and crime throughout their lives, they dont hop on a fcukin bus to dublin dreaming of being a junkie scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

See how the Travellers would feel if we DID put the bondholders money in to their haltings sites, and then they have no social welfare and child benefit next month when the Troika pulls the plug on our bailout money.

I have a funny feeling that Vincent aint gonna like what he hears on the Twitter machine.

Jaysus change the record.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

No Twitter machine tonight.... or texts....

• Advertisement

So you think background has nothing to do with it ?

Don't recall saying that. Perhaps you can remind?

The point is is that if 100 people come from a "disadvantaged" background, perhaps 5 of them will turn into druggie scumbag criminals, the other 95% will lead a law abiding life, but 100% are from the disadvantaged background, ergo, the far majority of people that come from a disadvantaged background will be law abiding citizens. Crime is a lifestyle choice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement