Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Audi Dealer Discount?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Lights under door handles, Under foot wells and side trim etc, you actually get quite abit of light for 300euro.....

Thats a nice feature actually. Did you price Newmarket I see they are still selling new Audis. There is a guy that posts here called Redorhead I am sure he works for Audi or some garage. It might be worth your while sending him a PM..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

If you find that the discount is generally the same i.e. 6% just start going in saying you have already agreed 7% elsewhere but you're just shopping round. Once you get 7% move to 8% on the next garage. They may be all under the same corporation but they all have different overheads the need to meet.

Brother in law saved a fortune on an avensis years ago with this method.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Completely off topic but does anyone recommend any Audi Extra which they can't live without which is worth getting, My Partner has Insisted on getting the Walnut Wood(900) and adding lighting package(300euro). Anything worth considering? #personal choice i know
    Heated seats would be a must-have for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Anan1 wrote: »
    Heated seats would be a must-have for me.

They will be standard unless of course he wants the rear ones heated..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I forgot to post the main reason I replied to this thread :)
    I was offered between 1.5 and 2K off a car costing half the price of the A6 for a cash deal, so 3-4k isn't out of the bounds of reasonableness. (Unless demand is particularly strong?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

When I was in my previous job, one of my contractors bought a new A4 sportline (or whatever) from O'Connors in Blackwater in Wexford. O'Connors are not a main dealer but they bought the car directly from Tom Murphy in Waterford and the warranty was maintained. Anyway, he saved several thousand by buying it through O'Connors rather than direct from Tom Murphy. Since then, there's a new Audi garage in Enniscorthy and Tom Murphy no longer has the Audi dealership, so maybe its not an option any more but maybe its worth a call?

BTW - standard disclaimer - I'm in no way connected with them. Visited there once to look at a second-hand car, didn't buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Automatic gearbox, you will live to regret the manual on a diesel imo, the clutchs as they wear on them weight up. Also diesel power doesnt favour a manual at all.
    Id be careful though multitronic audi autos are known as multitragic by many.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

so does dealer back amount for anything nowaday, say you save 500 and buy the car in dublin, needs some warranty work done after say 6 months and you take it to the local audi dealer as they are obliged to fix it. I can guarantee you that there will be no serious rush to get your motor up and going again. Would you if you were in their position

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Just want to throw this out as an option aswell Dan:

2010 Audi A8 3.0 TDI (New model)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3591433.htm

With hard haggling you might get 2k off the price, and an extra years warranty included as it's an approved used Audi

That'd be 38k Euro pre vrt

Vrt at 15k. C02 rating on the car is 174g so enter that when you're checking as the price originally quoted 224g which is wrong.

So that's approx 53k landed for a flagship A8 with a 3.0tdi engine, and 670 euro a year to tax.

It's already had a huge chunk of the depreciation taken off it, and it's a vastly superior car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

so does dealer back amount for anything nowaday, say you save 500 and buy the car in dublin, needs some warranty work done after say 6 months and you take it to the local audi dealer as they are obliged to fix it. I can guarantee you that there will be no serious rush to get your motor up and going again. Would you if you were in their position

If I was an authorised Audi Service Centre why would I take my time to fix a problem if the car is under Audi's warranty? It's paid work. Why would you even bother deliberately taking your time fixing a car and have it lying around your place of business in the way? To p1ss off the customer because they didn't buy from you?

I'd imagine the dealer would have much better things to do with their time rather than place childish games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

For 53k, if I were in your shoes and was looking at an A6, the only 2 extra's worth getting are the V6 and quattro. The 3 litre TDI doesn't come as standard with quattro anymore, but you can get the 3 litre TDI quattro with s-tronic gearbox for 54,400. That's where I'd be heading. Forget S-Line, unless you want to add another 4k onto that, but spending 53k and only getting a 4 cylinder front wheel drive is like shooting myself in the foot!
    Buy the 204bhp 3 litre quattro, remap it in about a year! Drive happily, rain or snow!
    You're wise to go for the A6, the A4 is a waste of money, even at 36 grand, let alone 48k!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

Lights under door handles, Under foot wells and side trim etc, you actually get quite abit of light for 300euro.....

You mean the same lights you get in a citroen.....for nothing ;)

Anyway back on topic. Have you rang Al Hayes (vw/audi)he was always well known for how cheap he was for new cars. (after sales is a different matter, but im sure you would be going to your local dealer anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

A dealer offering NO discount is committing suicide in this current climate especially on a cash deal. More than likely the sales rep was either hard bargaining hoping you are naive and accept their bull based on this is a new car and lots of people are looking for them.

The 6 is a lovely car and the 2.0 TDI is a great engine.

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    For 53k, if I were in your shoes and was looking at an A6, the only 2 extra's worth getting are the V6 and quattro. The 3 litre TDI doesn't come as standard with quattro anymore, but you can get the 3 litre TDI quattro with s-tronic gearbox for 54,400. That's where I'd be heading. Forget S-Line, unless you want to add another 4k onto that, but spending 53k and only getting a 4 cylinder front wheel drive is like shooting myself in the foot!
    Buy the 204bhp 3 litre quattro, remap it in about a year! Drive happily, rain or snow!
    You're wise to go for the A6, the A4 is a waste of money, even at 36 grand, let alone 48k!!

Sounds like a better plan to me, the 2l manual A6 is a waste of money, if you want to enjoy it get the 3l tdi dsg(s tronic).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

All these people advising the 3.0V6...do you care to put your money where your mouth is? I despair of the Paddy-spec phenomenon but the A6 is one car that has decent power and is pretty well equipped in standard form. I guess the 5 series is similar - hence why there are so many about.

Of course we'd all prefer a nice V6 but even with low CO2/VRT it's still a hefty price difference. I think the A6 is the best Audi saloon in years TBH and if I had the spare cash a 3.0 Quattro would be on a very short list as an everyday car. But 177bhp in standard format, in a car with many light alloy body components is a pretty good real-world deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Planning to buy a new a6 Avant in the next few weeks, Its Coming in at 53500 Sline Extra's Etc, its a Straight Cash sale and i'm wondering what kinda discount I should be expecting(my first time buying new car) I was looking into buying a A4 before it was coming in at 48k and they were giving 1600k discount, they said that Audi have brought down there prices to reflect the current climate so not as much room for reduction...

Advice.?

There is much more room for movement on price on a used car, as far as I know dealer makes between 4% & 7% on a new car sale which isn't a huge margin to be giving decent discounts on but I'd definatley shop around considering the amount you plan to spend

pburns wrote: »
    All these people advising the 3.0V6...do you care to put your money where your mouth is? I despair of the Paddy-spec phenomenon but the A6 is one car that has decent power and is pretty well equipped in standard form. I guess the 5 series is similar - hence why there are so many about.

Of course we'd all prefer a nice V6 but even with low CO2/VRT it's still a hefty price difference. I think the A6 is the best Audi saloon in years TBH and if I had the spare cash a 3.0 Quattro would be on a very short list as an everyday car. But 177bhp in standard format, in a car with many light alloy body components is a pretty good real-world deal.

Big difference between manual and auto and for some reason the dsg gearbox is only available on the 3l quattro so I see no other option :)

All these people advising the 3.0V6...do you care to put your money where your mouth is? I despair of the Paddy-spec phenomenon but the A6 is one car that has decent power and is pretty well equipped in standard form.

I agree with the first part and disagree with the second part. "Paddy spec" in most cases these people are putting their money where their mouth is and buying the car new, the people who shoot off with "Paddy-spec" are the ones who will never buy those types of car new and can generally only afford them second hand years later. I never seen anybody respond with "Hey paddy spec have a look at my new spec'd up A6 3.0 tdi V6 or 530d".

To those people who are suggesting to the OP about second hand cars how about you reread his First and subsequent posts and actually see what he wants and why.

To those suggesting the OP buy the 3.0 V6 STOP you are telling him to spend an extra €11000 to satisfy your wants NOT his. When it's your money to spend you go out and buy whatever you want.

OP I got 5-6% discount 3 years ago without trying. You will find it hard to get a set figure till you are about to hand over your money. They will try and wriggle for ages without committing until it's too late for you and you can't back out sly I know but they want the sale (my recent experience in one Audi dealer).

Sorry Off Topic I know but

"Paddy-spec" now available in

Germany http://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/a6/a6_limousine/informieren/Katalog_und_Preisliste.html

France http://www.audi.fr/fr/brand/fr/gamme/a6/a6_berline/s_informer/caracteristiques.html#source=http://www.audi.fr/fr/brand/fr/gamme/a6/a6_berline/s_informer/caracteristiques.html&container=page

Denmark
    http://www.audidanmark.dk/audi/nye_biler/priser/?model=A6&type=Limousine

Etc etc etc etc now give it a rest with "Paddy-spec" there is NO such thing it's STANDARD spec to get a 2.0tdi and for people to buy it across Europe. The same goes for BMW.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

EPM wrote: »
    If I was an authorised Audi Service Centre why would I take my time to fix a problem if the car is under Audi's warranty? It's paid work. Why would you even bother deliberately taking your time fixing a car and have it lying around your place of business in the way? To p1ss off the customer because they didn't buy from you?

I'd imagine the dealer would have much better things to do with their time rather than place childish games.

in a perfect world they would do as you describe.

• Advertisement

pburns wrote: »

I agree with the first part and disagree with the second part. "Paddy spec" in most cases these people are putting their money where their mouth is and buying the car new, the people who shoot off with "Paddy-spec" are the ones who will never buy those types of car new and can generally only afford them second hand years later. I never seen anybody respond with "Hey paddy spec have a look at my new spec'd up A6 3.0 tdi V6 or 530d".

To those people who are suggesting to the OP about second hand cars how about you reread his First and subsequent posts and actually see what he wants and why.

To those suggesting the OP buy the 3.0 V6 STOP you are telling him to spend an extra €11000 to satisfy your wants NOT his. When it's your money to spend you go out and buy whatever you want.

OP I got 5-6% discount 3 years ago without trying. You will find it hard to get a set figure till you are about to hand over your money. They will try and wriggle for ages without committing until it's too late for you and you can't back out sly I know but they want the sale (my recent experience in one Audi dealer).
    Look lads, a new 177bhp TDi A6 which comes with any real world feature you could want costs around €42k. The OP is about to spend €53k on what is essentially that exact same car, for what? A few buttons and a fancy Garmin? All I'm saying is spending another €3k will land him a 3 litre V6 quattro, which is far, far superior, even though he'll have a handful less buttons. Come selling time however, which is worth more? No possible way will his €11k worth of extras be worth any more than maybe €2k on a trade in, where as a 3 litre quattro will always be worth a fairly significant amount more.
    I'm not saying to someone looking to spend €42k on a 2 litre to go and find another €15k and buy a V6, I'm saying that spending €11k extra on the base car and still having essentially the same car, doesn't make any sense to me when you're just a sniff away from a much better version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

It's an Avant I'm looking at. And Sline model. Why sline I like the sline body kit and sport seats.

It's an Avant I'm looking at. And Sline model. Why sline I like the sline body kit and sport seats.
    It's a fair whack of money though, €4,500 extra!! Would you consider a demo 3 litre quattro S-Line?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Can you find a suitable demo for sale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭carsfan

I do not understand why some many are trying to encourage the OP to buy something they would prefer as he originally asked for negotiation advice not car choice advice.
    My father recently went car shopping for an A6, 5 series or E class.
    Both BMW and Audi were very keen. They offered him prices and subsequently when he would not commit, they rang him on more than one occasion over the next few weeks asking him if he had decided to purchase. Audi in particular came down in price a couple of times and offered servicing also.
    I would advise visiting a few dealers with your requirements and then sit back for a few weeks, and see what happens.

Tea 1000 wrote: »
    Look lads, a new 177bhp TDi A6 which comes with any real world feature you could want costs around €42k. The OP is about to spend €53k on what is essentially that exact same car, for what? A few buttons and a fancy Garmin? All I'm saying is spending another €3k will land him a 3 litre V6 quattro, which is far, far superior, even though he'll have a handful less buttons. Come selling time however, which is worth more? No possible way will his €11k worth of extras be worth any more than maybe €2k on a trade in, where as a 3 litre quattro will always be worth a fairly significant amount more.
    I'm not saying to someone looking to spend €42k on a 2 litre to go and find another €15k and buy a V6, I'm saying that spending €11k extra on the base car and still having essentially the same car, doesn't make any sense to me when you're just a sniff away from a much better version.

This is what YOU want him to buy http://www.audi.ie/etc/medialib/ngw/ie/brochures.Par.0010.File.pdf/model_retail_prices.pdf

4G50NYJP A6 Avant 3.0TDI V6 204HP quattro S-Tronic S Line € 62,104 versus what HE wants to buy
    4G50TCJP A6 Avant 2.0TDI 177HP S Line 1968 € 50,900 (he has said it costs €53,000 so I guess met paint) that's an extra €9,104+met paint over what he wants. How about you STOP suggesting stuff he doesn't want and probably can't afford and answer his request in the first post.

and even if you want him to buy the SE which is €58,390+met paint that's €7,000 more than he wants to spend.

Plus you didn't read the post where he said he wants the Avant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Tbh, lol at this thread at this stage. The question's been answered.

Look for 5-6% and you'll be doing pretty well.

/thread

This is what YOU want him to buy http://www.audi.ie/etc/medialib/ngw/ie/brochures.Par.0010.File.pdf/model_retail_prices.pdf

4G50NYJP A6 Avant 3.0TDI V6 204HP quattro S-Tronic S Line € 62,104 versus what HE wants to buy
    4G50TCJP A6 Avant 2.0TDI 177HP S Line 1968 € 50,900 (he has said it costs €53,000 so I guess met paint) that's an extra €9,104+met paint over what he wants. How about you STOP suggesting stuff he doesn't want and probably can't afford and answer his request in the first post.
    I don't want him to buy anything. I don't give a crap if he buys a Lada. He came on here looking to save money on a car he was buying, I merely discussed the option of spending 5k more for a car that will be nicer to own and worth more on a trade in when he sells, saving him money or asked if he'd consider a demo. This is a discussion forum last time I checked.
    People like you are ruining boards like this. Answer the question? OK, ring around the dealers. Thread closed. Let's go spoil more discussions with anger.
    No point in having an interesting viewpoint on cars around here, the answer can be provided by three buttons!
    "Yes."
    "No."
    "Buy a Skoda"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

Right first off the gent has his heart set on an A6 2.0tdi s-line Avant. Which in itself isn't exactly poverty spec and is all that will sell under our current regime. And I can't see how its paddy spec - there's 10odd grand of extras on it, which is what most people spend on a car. And its an avant which is an 'option' as well.

People refer to paddy spec as if the rest of Europe's a6's and 5er's are dripping with the entire contents of the options catalog. UK cars may be specced with what? sat nav over an Irish car. Yay! I never found a need for one in Ireland to be honest.

The simple fact of the matter is that most people select an option pack and maybe leather and metallic and live without the magnetic dampers and lady boy massage seats.

I have all these options on my car because some company bought it initially for a director who left after 11 months and they've taken a heavy hit on it.
    If I was buying new I'd pump for the 3.0tFsi quattro because I like power and you need RWD or AWD in my opinion but I don't live in Ireland any more; I don't face the same market conditions and ridiculous tax systems!
    I can buy a new Audi with a huge discount from both the euro bonus (chf strength) and fleet discounts available and lease a fully optioned A6 for less than a 1000 francs p/m

That option in Ireland simply isn't available!

Go for it OP and just get the price to a level you are happy with or having a service package or extended warranty thrown in would be a nice bonus.
    As for a year old demo or what have you - well you won't get an avant and the only 3.0tdi avant for sale is €74,995! Bargain.

Advertisement