Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible false flag torpedo attacks on US carriers in the Persian gulf.

124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭stuar

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Eh, no it hasn't been, that's the whole issue.

Yes they do.

No, the above is your own cherry-picked information, including sources such as Russia Today to back your own narrative on the situation.

I'm not saying its all completely false, I'm just saying you're presenting one side and a naive view.

Erm compared to Israel they are very honest and out-straight, and they are entitled by international law to enrich uranium.

What do they hide?, links etc.

Maybe you give your view and counter mine, it's not completely false?, is it slightly false?, of there is anything you don't see as truthful please explain what and why?

JERUSALEM — A senior Israeli official said on Thursday that the missile testing site near Tehran that was destroyed in a huge explosion three months ago was developing missiles with a range of some 6,000 miles aimed at the United States.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/03/world/middleeast/israel-warns-iranian-missiles-might-threaten-us.html

It's getting more like Saddams mushroom cloud by the day, remember this?

"On NBC's "Meet the Press," Vice President Dick Cheney accused Saddam of moving aggressively to develop nuclear weapons over the past 14 months to add to his stockpile of chemical and biological arms.
    "Increasingly, we believe that the United States may well become the target of those activities," Cheney said.
    "And what we've seen recently that has raised our level of concern to the current state of unrest ... is that he now is trying, through his illicit procurement network, to acquire the equipment he needs to be able to enrich uranium -- specifically, aluminum tubes," Cheney said, referring to one of the elements for making nuclear weapons."
    http://articles.cnn.com/2002-09-08/politics/iraq.debate_1_nuclear-weapons-top-nuclear-scientists-aluminum-tubes?_s=PM:ALLPOLITICS

Here we go again, same lies, same believers, hopefully more sceptics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

stuar wrote: »
    What do they hide?, links etc.

In February 2010, the IAEA issued a report scolding Iran for failing to explain purchases of sensitive technology as well as secret tests of high-precision detonators and modified designs of missile cones to accommodate larger payloads. Such experiments are closely associated with atomic warheads.[143]
    In May 2010, the IAEA issued a report that Iran had declared production of over 2.5 metric tons of low-enriched uranium, which would be enough if further enriched to make two nuclear weapons, and that Iran has refused to answer inspectors’ questions on a variety of activities, including what the agency called the “possible military dimensions” of Iran's nuclear program.[144][145]
    In July 2010, Iran barred two IAEA inspectors from entering the country. The IAEA rejected Iran's reasons for the ban and said it fully supported the inspectors, which Tehran has accused of reporting wrongly that some nuclear equipment was missing.[146]
    In August 2010, the IAEA said Iran has started using a second set of 164 centrifuges linked in a cascade, or string of machines, to enrich uranium to up to 20% at its Natanz pilot fuel enrichment plan.[147]
    In November of 2011, IAEA officials identified a "large explosive containment vessel" inside Parchin.[148] The IAEA later assessed that Iran has been conducting experiments to develop nuclear weapons capability.[149]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_program_of_Iran
    Maybe you give your view and counter mine, it's not completely false?, is it slightly false?, of there is anything you don't see as truthful please explain what and why?

It's not an objective view of the situation.

From your link:
    "Iran also claims that it was forced to resort to secrecy after US pressure caused several of its nuclear contracts with foreign governments to fall through."

The US and Israel has continually sabotaged the Iranian nuclear program, supplying through 3rd parties faulty components, assassinating scientists, black ops inside Iran, falsifying "damning documents" with no evidence to back them up, and you believe all the crap the US/Israel spout, even after they have been shown to use the exact same techniques numerous times before, the US sanctions on Iraq caused the deaths of 500,000 children which Madeline Albright thought was "worth it", while Saddam sh1t on golden toilet seats, then they decided to liberate the people of Iraq from the tyrant, who wasn't responsible for the half million children's deaths. Look at the brilliant job they've done for the people of Iraq, truly marvellous by all US accounts.

Iran are a proud sovereign nation that hold elections, exercise their right to enrich uranium to whatever percentage they require for their research reactors.
    Israel and the US are much more of a torment and threat to Iran than Iran ever will be to them, some good points were raised in the link by Duiske a few posts back, the petrodollar, the US don't like people trading oil that doesn't have a US$ attached.

Jonny do you really unquestionably believe ALL you hear from the US/Israeli governments, after their histories of lies, fabrications and falsehoods that are hard to defend, or is it a case of memory loss.

What harm have Iran done so far?, supporting resistance fighters against aggressors, you should check the CIA/Mossad/MI5/6 lists, actually you can't but they have been behind uncountable deaths and destruction for quite a while, including the Iranian coup that ousted the democratically elected leader of Iran and installed a US puppet Shah, had they not done that maybe Israel wouldn't be "the only democracy in the middle east".

Israel by the way have harassed, murdered/slaughtered their way to "democracy" these are irrefutable facts, and stolen land is a very bad example of a democracy.

What Israel constantly unleashes on Palestinians are war crime after war crime, yet mention this and your "anti-Semitic" which is boll0x really as 99% of Jews are NOT Semitic.
    http://www.discerningtoday.org/members/Digest/2001digest/mar/are_the_jews_really_israelites.htm

Iran should be allowed be, the US and it's allies should concentrate more on fixing this world instead of destroying it more, but that's always going to be a big no-no for these ruling megalomaniacs.

From your link:
    "Iran also claims that it was forced to resort to secrecy after US pressure caused several of its nuclear contracts with foreign governments to fall through."

They rejected Russia's proposals to enrich uranium for them.
    The US and Israel has continually sabotaged the Iranian nuclear program, supplying through 3rd parties faulty components, assassinating scientists, black ops inside Iran, falsifying "damning documents" with no evidence to back them up, and you believe all the crap the US/Israel spout, even after they have been shown to use the exact same techniques numerous times before, the US sanctions on Iraq caused the deaths of 500,000 children which Madeline Albright thought was "worth it", while Saddam sh1t on golden toilet seats, then they decided to liberate the people of Iraq from the tyrant, who wasn't responsible for the half million children's deaths. Look at the brilliant job they've done for the people of Iraq, truly marvellous by all US accounts.

That's your own personal view of the world.
    Iran are a proud sovereign nation that hold elections, exercise their right to enrich uranium to whatever percentage they require for their research reactors.

Yeah but the Iranian regime are a bunch of assholes who fixed the elections and had no problem oppressing the populace after.

They are an intrusive censoring police state.

Their own support is based on using the foreign bogeyman from abroad to cover their failing domestic policies.

They try to run the country based on medieval religious laws.

Imagine the US, run by Palin for 20 years, and you're not even close.

So considering the forum we are on, considering your principles on the matter, I find your backing of them a little ironic...

it appears to simply be a case of "my enemies enemy is my friend".

No offense, but that's how it comes across.
    Israel and the US are much more of a torment and threat to Iran than Iran ever will be to them, some good points were raised in the link by Duiske a few posts back, the petrodollar, the US don't like people trading oil that doesn't have a US$ attached.

We can't change decades of history and events.

If Iran pursues a weapon, chances are there'll be war in the region, probably best to try and avoid that as it benefits no one but neocons and war profiteers.
    Jonny do you really unquestionably believe ALL you hear from the US/Israeli governments, after their histories of lies, fabrications and falsehoods that are hard to defend, or is it a case of memory loss.

I rarely if ever use Israeli sources on here. Don't pin the "sheep" moniker on anyone who doesn't agree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

the US don't like people trading oil that doesn't have a US$ attached.

Something which Saddam Hussein, Moammar Gaddafi and Dominique Strauss-Kahn have in common.

IMF calls for dollar alternative

U.N. to let Iraq sell oil for euros, not dollars

Gadhafi’s Gold-money Plan Would Have Devastated Dollar

Just on the Iran subject, here is a documentary about normal life in Iran, I think it's fair and balanced and shows a human side to Iran that not too many would believe exists.

Iranian's love their children too and people should look at this and then at some facts about how Iran became Iran and wonder why all this beautiful heritage be destroyed, many killed, maimed left with memories........

Ohh yeah. it,s because Iran wants to have nuclear power when all their natural resources run out, they want to be independant and self sufficent in cancer treatment and other scientific area's that requires higher purity uranium for research.

This video is worth a watch and shows an Iran many would be ignorant to, an american documentary maker in Iran, wasn't stoned to death, attacked on the street, met plenty of quite friendly people, these are the real people who will suffer from santions, bombs, war, these are the collateral.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭davoxx

Yeah but the Iranian regime are a bunch of assholes who fixed the elections and had no problem oppressing the populace after.

Their own support is based on using the foreign bogeyman from abroad to cover their failing domestic policies.

So considering the forum we are on, considering your principles on the matter, I find your backing of them a little ironic...

No offense, but that's your own personal view of the Iran.

Don't just pin the "assholes" moniker on anyone who you don't like.

If Iran pursues a weapon, chances are there'll be war in the region, probably best to try and avoid that as it benefits no one but neocons and war profiteers.
    and i wonder who they are? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Anyone who had a ten year year with Saddam, can't have been all bad, that said, Iran accepted Saddam's air force jets for safe keeping at the outbreak of WWIV the Desert Strom fistfight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

They rejected Russia's proposals to enrich uranium for them.

That's your own personal view of the world.

We can't change decades of history and events.

I rarely if ever use Israeli sources on here. Don't pin the "sheep" moniker on anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Wasn't like that when I was there. But of course you'd know better because the propaganda machine told you so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Be like Nutella

anyone see GPS (Fareed Zakaria) on CNN on Sunday?

Gen Martin Dempsey - head of the US military said clearly that Iran has no nuclear weapons program... watch it if you don't believe it.

The interview is very striking in many ways actually... I'd watch it

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/7049043/Fareed_Zakaria_GPS_-_February_19_2012

He said basically he doesn't see any point in a strike saying if Israel did it it would only push Iran back a couple years at best IF they start an actual weapons progrom. He said he was there last week for 3 days literally trying to convince the Israeli administration to cool it and by the way he was talking about it he seemed confident he had achieved that.

I think it's clear at this stage that the US has moved to a deter and contain option... they know there's no way of stopping Iran getting to the bomb if that's what they want... bar invading and overthrowing the regime and destroying all nuclear facilities (and then being stuck there for 10 years in a quagmire a giggidy that would make Iraq and Afghanistan look like a picnic even with the lessons they've learned).

Israel has done A LOT of bad crap over the decades.... but theyre not thick... they understand that they can't destroy everything and that the risks in trying are too great and the probably payoff too small to do it.... AND when the head of the US military goes over to you for a few days to rationalise NOT DOING IT and tries to convince you to get with America's strategy of containment and detterence and then you DO IT ANYWAY.... it's not smart or rational. I believe as Dempsey said on GPS that 'Iran is a rational actor'... i.e. will not suicidally attack anyone in the straits... because the regime wishes to survive... that the US is a rational actor... and by its own admission has nothing to gain from air striking Iran and everything to lose and has no intention on invading Iran under any cirumstances.... as all the think tank reports are clearly advising.

I agree it's way more exciting to consider Israel as a mad ****er and Iran as a crazy bastard and the US under the direct control of a cabal of military industrial hegemonic Jewish Neocons who want to invade Iran so that oil continues to be traded in dollars everywhere... and a few months ago it did seem that a US air strike was very possible but now that more is known and now that the actual challenges and potential payoff of an air strike are well considered the strategy now IS Containment and deterrence (AND the convincing of Israel to cool it).

If Iran had a nuclear weapons program in high gear right now, and was busted for it, everything would change but it doesn't... and has never had.
    It's got a missile program minimum 3-5 years away from being a capable long range nuclear delivery system... it's probably experimented with some implosion detonation concepts and probably is enriching more Uranium to higher percentages than makes sense for medical isotopes in the tehran research reactor....but that's it.
    To get to a point where it has enough fissile material for half a dozen 1 MT warheads PLUS a bomb that theoretically works PLUS a delivery system FOR AT LEAST HALF A DOZEN WEAPONS AND THEN TEST AN IMPLOSION DEVICE UNDERGROUND THAT BETTER WORK PERFECTLY FIRST TIME HAS GOT TO BE... IN MY NUCLEAR EXPERT OPINION : )... 5-7 YEARS AWAY AT LEAST... remember you have to have a few weapons ready to rock (in missiles in geographically distant completely secret ULTRA hardened sites as soon as you test...or you're ****ed !

You can't ignore all these things... you cannot bomb Iran from getting to the bomb if it really wants it and to do massive air strikes every couple of years is not an option.
    So BAR
    a) a massive invasion which is just NOT HAPPENING AT ALL
    OR
    b) and I'm serious... at least 'a few' nuclear strikes on Iran on a few hardened sites AFTER carrying out a 2-4 week MAAAAAAASIVE air strike campaign run off three carrier groups guaranteed to involve many lost pilots and some vessels.
    Iran may end up having nukes and that's just a world we'll have to live in.

The Iranian Islamic cleric establishment control the military.... and the country to a large extent .... they're the revolutionary leaders... if they do something stupid ...like attack a carrier group...depending on the severity of the attack ..could well result in the US invading Iran...which simply means the end of their leadership AND their vision of an Iran run by a shiah theocracy as it currently is. They are already vulnerable to uprising and the precipitous break up of Iran that would happen in an invasion scenario would be against Russian AND Chinese interests SO MUCH SO that Russia AND China will do everything to prevent Iran from 'doing something stupid' like attacking US forces in the straits. This is traditionally Russia's backyard in the last 60 years... and their satelite states are all making noise of revolution and reform and independence calls etc... AS ARE THE UYGERS in China (a few million in the north west) who are in the same ethnic group as nearly half of Iranians (who are turkic)

Russia wants Iran to
    chill...
    continue messing with the US
    and develop nuclear power (with their help)
    and improve its own economy in order to
    do some serious business with them (Iran has 70 Mill population remember)

China wants exactly the same thing...and is doing, and will do, more and more serious business with Iran....oil, weapons etc etc

The US just wants Iran
    to have limited influence in the area...
    to be considered the bad guy by the Arab league
    and to gradually reform its way into a modern democracy without a massive revolution that could well result in a drawn out civil war....
    oh and not to develop a nuclear weapon.

Wasn't like that when I was there. But of course you'd know better because the propaganda machine told you so.

What is the point of your post?

The Iranian regime are assholes. It's a religious dictatorship in all but name. My friends went to Saudi to teach, they loved it and the people, still a nasty regime.

I don't "support" one country because I irrationally loathe another. A lot of that goes on here and its ridiculous.

I don't think most people who criticize the US administrations actions since 9/11 here irrationally loathe the USA... and certainly the 'loathing' isn't directed at the general population of America.
    Do you not agree that their actions disserve massive criticism? In fact give me an example of something America has done militarily since Clinton gave the go ahead to stealth bomb Kosovo that isn't completely ****ed up?

They are certainly not acting like the generally touted/accepted benevolent force we were all blindly told/taught that they were years ago.

When they blatantly chose not to go into Rwanda years ago when their lack of action guaranteed a genoside... that was the moment it all changed and since then virtually everything they've done or tried to do internationally has been so unbelievably ****ed up I don't know how anyone could support or justify their actions... but if you want to lay your chips down and give some examples then fire away... lots of luck to ya... I would love to know which actions you support and which ones you criticise.

Not all books and documentaries about this stuff are a bunch of conspiracy theorist crap...amazingly....
    This is the smartest most well written book I've personally ever read or even heard about on 'America's actions globally in the last 100 years' ( had to read it a few times over a few years coz it's pretty much beyond my intellectual powers not that that's saying much) basically it's an unbelievable feat of research... and it's all true and referenced and researched to within an inch of its life. It changed my world view entirely... she was born here as well... whatever difference that makes/does not make.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,994021,00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Problem_from_Hell

http://www.amazon.com/Problem-Hell-America-Age-Genocide/dp/0465061508

The ultimate debate of all time in my view would be a live 6 hour debate between a younger healthier Kissinger and Samantha Power of today.

IAEA Team Back in Iran for Nuclear Talks

Well, that didn't last long. The US are wagging the finger at Iran, but still saying talks are still possible. Have not seen an official Israeli comment yet.

Duiske wrote: »
    Well, that didn't last long. The US are wagging the finger at Iran, but still saying talks are still possible. Have not seen an official Israeli comment yet.

:confused:

The IAEA have scheduled visits and inspections with Iran.

What does that mean and say?

22/2/2012 IAEA NOT ALLOWED TO SEE PARCHIN
    So the IAEA aren't allowed into Parchin to see that explosion chamber dealy...the one that old Russian scientist was apparently (according to his son) helping Iran experiment in (albeit apparently on some technique to create industrial diamonds through explosions) but supposedly also to test detonation/implosion techniques/technology for a nuclear device nobody really knows...but hey it's fun to suppose right.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_facilities_in_Iran#Parchin

"
    Parchin
    Parchin Military Complex ( 35°31′N51°46′E / 35.52°N 51.77°E / 35.52; 51.77) is located approximately 20 kilometers southeast of downtown Tehran. There is no evidence that Parchin is a nuclear site. The IAEA was given access to Parchin on 1 November 2005, and took environmental samples: inspectors did not observe any unusual activities in the buildings visited, and the results of the analysis of environmental samples did not indicate the presence of nuclear material.[21] Parchin is a facility for the testing and manufacturing of conventional explosives; IAEA safeguards inspectors were looking not for evidence of nuclear material, but of the kind of explosives testing consistent with nuclear weapons research and development.[22 "

Basically the IAEA wants a gander at that explosive facility which they haven't been inside yet.

This is an excerpt from a news piece today 22/2/2012 from the NTI (National Threat Initiative) This is the supposed next move for the IAEA AFTER they reported today that Iran is not lettin them into Parchin.

http://www.nti.rsvp1.com/gsn/article/iaea-cant-break-nuclear-impasse-iran/?mgh=http://www.nti.org&mgf=1

" ....the next move is up to the 35-nation IAEA Board of Governors, which is scheduled to begin its upcoming meeting on March 5. The session could produce results ranging from no formal action to reporting Iran to the U.N. Security Council, which has already passed four sanctions resolutions aimed at curbing the nation's uranium enrichment activities. "

My guess is that the US will now lobby hard for the IAEA to report to the UN obviously with the intention of raising the temperature in a new effort to do the sanctions thing...which of course China and Russia will probably veto...again.... and the game continues.

Iran are not doing themselves any favours by not allowing them into Parchin IF the facility is not part of any research into detonating a nuclear device. I know the reasoning behind it is to seem strong to its people to maintain the 'EVIL USA' narrative ... stubborn bastards : ).... why I ought a

Of course.... now that I think of it... Israel does have about 250 Nuclear Warheads right now loaded in cruise missiles on 3 Dolphin Class Submarines which cost $650 Mill each and were built by the Germans (who paid for a third of the deal as part of reparations) ... oh yeah and also at any of their gansey load of uninspected nuclear facilities...
    http://www.atomicarchive.com/Almanac...cilities.shtml
    .....hmmm...that sounds to me like a nuclear weapons program of some sort.... which probably has nuclear facilities....like explosion chambers and all sorts of other places that do nuclear stuff....so...what did the IAEA say about those places?...oh yes now I remember...they never tried to see them..... because Israel is not a member of the bleeding NPT !!.. and once you're not a member...well...then....you're grand...you can do what ya like.
    I mean the NPT have asked Israel to join it...but generally they get told very nicely to...whats that phrase?...yes F-U-C-K RIGHT OFF.... hmmm I wish there was a word so much stronger than 'contradiction' for situations like this.... I could develop it myself ...but thennnn The Oxford English Dictionary would want me to join them...and sure they'd want to inspect my room and so on so...**** it I'll go it alone and just call the whole thing...
    ahem B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T

Dimona... 31°4′N 35°2′E
    sion77_01.jpg

http://www.fas.org/news/israel/e20000619israelmakes.htm
    London Sunday Times
    June 18, 2000

"Israeli defence sources claim the country has secretly carried out its first test launches from submarines of cruise missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads. The launches last month from German-built vessels in the Indian Ocean were designed to simulate swift retaliation against a pre-emptive nuclear attack from Iran. "

?

?

Ahh yea, now I get it, you dont have a clue, no worries, how do I stick u on ignore?

• Advertisement

Sorry. My fault. I should have posted a link to what I was talking about. It was about IAEA leaving Iran with no agreement on inspecting Parchin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

pacquiao wrote: »
    USS Enterprise, the oldest carrier in the fleet, on her last legs, scheduled to be decommissioned next year is on her way to the Persian gulf.
    Interesting point, this video is circulating about ATM.

If when it is to happen it would more than likely it would be a well staged Holywood set (Something that these guys have now perfected) complete with aircraft (Also close to their end in shelf life) to make it look good. I doubt very much if anything will happen this side of the Olympics.

Interesting point, this video is circulating about ATM.

If when it is to happen it would more than likely it would be a well staged Holywood set (Something that these guys have now perfected) complete with aircraft (Also close to their end in shelf life) to make it look good. I doubt very much if anything will happen this side of the Olympics.

It's just the usual scare video, typically made in someone's basement. It features nothing but speculation on the part of the maker, usually fueled by paranoia and suspicion rather than facts.

At the end of this year, when the ship enters decommission, this guy will most likely still be making these videos, some of the hundreds of similar on youtube, with their alarmist "predictions", I am sure someone will strike gold some day.

Modern day scare-mongers with youtube videos instead of placards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

It's just the usual scare video, typically made in someone's basement. It features nothing but speculation on the part of the maker, usually fueled by paranoia and suspicion rather than facts.

At the end of this year, when the ship enters decommission, this guy will most likely still be making these videos, of which there are hundreds, with their alarmist "predictions", I am sure someone will strike gold some day.
    Something has to give out there.

Maybe it should be something that the bookies can look into. :p

If you believe so firmly in these things, why don't you go down to the bookies and make a fortune? they'll take bets on virtually anything.

I'll tell you what, I'll give you 1 million to one odds on Obama being revealed as the anti-Christ within whatever time-frame you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Tut tut,, game is rigged and house always wins :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

If you believe so firmly in these things, why don't you go down to the bookies and make a fortune? they'll take bets on virtually anything.

I'll tell you what, I'll give you 1 million to one odds on Obama being revealed as the anti-Christ within whatever time-frame you want!

Don't you read your CT's? Prince William is the anti-Christ.

Advertisement