Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Duke

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

More than likely Febuary 29th 2011.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

the_syco wrote: »
    Duke Nukem 3D was released on January 29, 1996 for the PC.

Now, they said DNF will be released 2011, so I wonder will there be a demo on the January 29th 2011?

Probably closer to the listed April release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Unless I missed something, what happened to the trailer they showed off behind closed doors since they announced it was completed? I know they needed to get an offical rating for it but....

Can't wait to go shooting with Duke again, it's been too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Spear wrote: »
    Probably closer to the listed April release date.
    Oh really? Missed that date completely on the 2KGames site :(

Only know about Randy saying
    The game is absolutely coming in 2011 and in late January or early February we're going to be peeling back the next layer of the game, so to speak. And that will make a lot more things clear not just about the game itself, but about its launch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

the_syco wrote: »
    Oh really? Missed that date completely on the 2KGames site :(

Only know about Randy saying

Game.co.uk list it as April (that's a new relisting) and I was sure Amazon listed this too, but it's gone now. Probably best to ignore me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I thought it was due for release earlier in the year than April, but that's still cool with me. New Duke and the new Kombat released in the same month?
    Bye bye, social life. It's been nice knowing you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Not long ago my Steam version of Borderlands received a code for early access to DNF whenever a playable version comes along.

I lol'd.

Game.co.uk list it as April (that's a new relisting) and I was sure Amazon listed this too, but it's gone now. Probably best to ignore me.
    Amazon listed it as: 30 Sep 2012

• Registered Users Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

musty have been an April fool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/21/exclusive-duke-nukem-forever-has-a-release-date.aspx
    As it turns out, we now know when that's happening.

"Somehow the guys at Game Informer magazine discovered Duke Nukem Forever's launch date before I did," joked Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software and executive producer of Duke Nukem Forever. "But I cannot imagine any better video game news source team than Game Informer to reveal the moment of truth for the most inconceivable, incorrigible and inspiring turn around story in the history of the video game industry – the coming of Duke Nukem Forever on May 3, 2011."

“The moment fans all over the world have been waiting for is almost here,” says Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K. “May 3, 2011 marks Duke’s return as he unleashes his brash and brutally honest wit on the world. His return is going to be epic and one that will make video gaming history!”

May 3 is the North American release date. May 6 is worldwide.

:eek:

• Advertisement

Some religious loonies did predict the end of the world in May 2011, they're not looking so wrong this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I'm calling it now - Biggest Disappointment of 2011 in the Boards Game Awards - Daikatana 2... I mean Duke Nukem Forever. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Hercule

I never stopped believing

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

At this stage, isn't Duke Nukem one of the 4 horsemen of the Apocolypse?

Hope it bombs to be honest. Just for the sheer hilarity

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

So the mayans got it wrong, the world won't end 2012, it'll be may 2nd 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

So the mayans got it wrong, the world won't end 2012, it'll be may 2nd 2011.

Just in America, we have to wait till May 5th :D

May? That's like five one hundred and twenty five months away :P

Still hoping we get some sort of beta/demo in March/April/now.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/21/exclusive-duke-nukem-forever-has-a-release-date.aspx

Released on 3rd of May in US..... 3 days later for us apparently :D

Hail to the King, baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I'm calling it now - Biggest Disappointment of 2011 in the Boards Game Awards - Daikatana 2... I mean Duke Nukem Forever. :p

To be fair; it can't be anything but a disappointment after this amount of waiting. Astonishing to think that I was five when the last one was released..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nah, it'll be decent. Everyone's so convinced that it's going to be a steaming turd that when it turns out to be an average shooter, they'll be impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I always bet on Duke, can't wait to collect my winnings!

I just hope it's not a plate of poo I'll win.

Nah, it's Duke, of course it'll be good. If it's a long game (and it's promised to be really big and long) then I'll be happy. I don't want a game-changer, I just want funny shìt and action with Duke one more time!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

That actually looks like a load of fun.... My brain can't take this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I'm going to go and collect my flying pig after work. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Man that looks soooo sweet. (Yea I said it)
    I want the demo tho. I won't be able to get the game when it comes out.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Borderlands team involved reckon it will be an 8/10 game nothing new just stupid big guns and Duke.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I am not getting my hopes up for the gameplay . . . but hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised. :)

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Borderlands team involved reckon it will be an 8/10 game nothing new just stupid big guns and Duke.

As long as it isn't a linear, rail-line game, full of pointless cutscenes and predictability like COD then I'll don't care.

I hope this game runs decent enough too. Would be a bitch if it was buggy, bastards had plenty of time to QA it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,794 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Threads merged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The visuals and gameplay look sweet but Duke's wisecracks come across as pretty lame tbh.

Advertisement