Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker Ps3 Rumour?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I'd get it if it was released on PS3 anyway. Personally, I've no interest in Rising so this would be right up my alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,154 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It really is an excellent game.

I am saddened by the lack of people who played it in the end.

It would need some amout of changes for the PS3 though.

Upgraded visuals for a start. Better controls.

Then there is the cold, hard fact that around 50 of the 100+ missions are so short that they will feel weird on a full console.

Still - if it gets more people to play it then fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭ongarite

Rumour debunked.
    MGS: Peace Walker will be at the VGA awards to receive prize as best handheld game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,786 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still haven't played it but it's on the to do list. I just hope it's not 'MGS4' amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Still haven't played it but it's on the to do list. I just hope it's not 'MGS4' amazing.
    I you like or love MGS3, you will love Peace Walker. The gameplay is delicious, goes down easy, mmm!

VG247 really dropped the ball there, next time, learn to read the nominations list!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Mad to play this but since my PSP died i couldn't buy another just for peace walker. Loved MGS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Reason i didn't buy Peace Walker was lack of a 2nd analogue stick, if a ps3 version were announced i'd definitely be interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Hmmm, want...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Reason i didn't buy Peace Walker was lack of a 2nd analogue stick, if a ps3 version were announced i'd definitely be interested.

not as bad to control as you might think , handles alot better than portable ops, only thing that annoyed me was the psp screen to small and i prefer it on my 42 inch sony bravia :P

The controls are very intuitive, miles simpler than PO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Gotta drag this up again as i'm playing it at the moment and can't put it down.

Question to those that have played it. During the outer ops missions i have had all of my mechs destroyed bar one. This is due to the fact that i didn't know if i put them back in R n D they would get repaired.

Anyway my question is. How do i get another Tank/Chopper etc? I need them to finish the outer ops.

Thanks.

weiland79 wrote: »

Anyway my question is. How do i get another Tank/Chopper etc? I need them to finish the outer ops.

Thanks.

Go back and replay the level/boss fight again.

Go back and replay the level/boss fight again.

I must be missing something as i've tried this and i still have no tank.

Is it maybe because i'm destroying the tank with my LAW. Should i just try to take out all the enemies instead.( i hope not)

I must be missing something as i've tried this and i still have no tank.

You have to force the driver out.

You need to kill all the men first (usually alot of them).

Then get the tank to 1/4 - 1/2 health and take out the driver.

Got it! Sweet nice one guy's

Got it! Sweet nice one guy's

No worries - top game.

noodler wrote: »
    No worries - top game.

Yeah it's savage, just one more question though. With the chopper obviously i cant get the pilot to stick his head out,so do i just finish it off as normal? i.e missile after missile.

Yeah it's savage, just one more question though. With the chopper obviously i cant get the pilot to stick his head out,so do i just finish it off as normal? i.e missile after missile.

He'll stick his head out like the rest once the waves of men are dead.

Then you can carefully snipe him or, more easily, lock on with a missile (the splash damage usually kills him).

noodler wrote: »
    He'll stick his head out like the rest once the waves of men are dead.

Then you can carefully snipe him or, more easily, lock on with a missile (the splash damage usually kills him).

Great, thanks again.

And to anyone that hasn't played this yet, i cannot recommend it enough, it really is a great game.

Advertisement