Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Take Me Out - Irish Version [ATTN: Please read Mod Note in OP)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Aw, he was cute.

I have a soft spot for nerds. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

jpcarlow wrote: »
    and now he's just screwed himself over with that comment to beth...dumbass

To his credit though I would have to concur

Aw, he was cute.

I have a soft spot for nerds. :)

And I bet they have a hard spot for you :)
    Only joking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

To his credit though I would have to concur
    ah she's an interesting girl so she is, gotta respect anyone that can learn that many languages

plus it's a fool who slags a girl in front of 29 other girls who he's potentially trying to get a date with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Curva Sud

Beth,why you still here ? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

I think some of the girls are overly rude to the guys.

The girls on the UK show are a lot nicer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Curva Sud wrote: »
    Beth,why you still here ? :mad:
    Cos nobodies picked her!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MiseryCat

Just Wondering since we are on the subject Take Me out tv show ,What would happen if instead of 30 girls They had 30 guys on the panel and the girl will try for a Date?????I know it be nerve wrecking for a girl to stand there in front of 30 guys but It would be interesting to see on what way the guys would act towards the girl who is trying to get a date. (Curious)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

el diablo wrote: »
    What does that mean? :confused:

What's a dose?

It's what you get if you sleep with her. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,739 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

MiseryCat wrote: »
    Just Wondering since we are on the subject Take Me out tv show ,What would happen if instead of 30 girls They had 30 guys on the panel and the girl will try for a Date?????I know it be nerve wrecking for a girl to stand there in front of 30 guys but It would be interesting to see on what way the guys would act towards the girl who is trying to get a date. (Curious)

Complaints would flood in about a show getting men to make personal remarks regarding a girl's appearance, clothes, accent and general demeanor and it would be pulled after the first episode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Complaints would flood in about a show getting men to make personal remarks regarding a girl's appearance, clothes, accent and general demeanor and it would be pulled after the first episode.

Hmmm, sounds remarkably like the set up on this show...

True it would make the girl uncomfortable and I wouldn't like the 30 guys to be nasty towards the girl but There's 30 Women on the panel Making personal remarks at a guys appearance, clothes, accent and general demeanor,Male version of Take Me Out ( Little bit curious on what way that would work out) Surely the hell they won't put 30 guys on the panel and they become nasty to the girl on live tv looking for a date like.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

they tried it, but lads are horn dogs and kept the lights on constantly.

ted1 wrote: »
    they tried it, but lads are horn dogs and kept the lights on constantly.

If the 30 guys kept their lights on :)the girl looking for a date would have a good chance,choice and get her date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

If the 30 guys kept their lights on :)the girl looking for a date would have a good chance,choice and get her date.
    and the guy she chose would get a thumpin out back later by 29 guys

jpcarlow wrote: »
    and the guy she chose would get a thumpin out back later by 29 guys

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!:rolleyes: **** Happens:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Curva Sud

eternal wrote: »
    Cos nobodies picked her!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ciara duffy

The Irish version needs a few more hunky lads. Watched the UK one last night and two of the guys were lovely

The Irish version needs a few more hunky lads. Watched the UK one last night and two of the guys were lovely

The Irish version needs more than a few(at least 25) more hot girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

This is not a snide remark about any of the girls on the Irish TMO.

Merely a statement of fact.

The average weight of the Irish contestants must be at least 14 lbs heavier than their UK counterparts

Is this a reflection of Irish and UK women?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

The Irish version needs a few more attractive women. Watched the UK one last night and most of the women were lovely

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Didnt catch what yer man said to Beth on friday so watched it yesterday. Dont see what the big deal is sure he only said back the same as what she said to him.

The average weight of the Irish contestants must be at least 14 lbs heavier than their UK counterparts

The fact is good looking Irish girls are that stuck up they wouldn't lower themselves to going on the tv looking for a date. And all ya have left is a bunch of not so good looking Irish girls and the remainder a few random foreign girls thrown in due to the poor turnout of "snobby" good looking girls.

English girls are much more laid back and up for a laugh and more inclined to give the lad a chance on their show.

The plain ignorance and bad attitude of most of the Irish girls on our show is appalling.

Just my opinion so don't shoot me just because I prefer to go English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

If your benchmark for comparing the women of the two countries is a low-rent TV show, then yes, yes it is!
    The fact is good looking Irish girls are that stuck up they wouldn't lower themselves to going on the tv looking for a date.

In fairness, not wanting to go on a show like this doesn't make a person even remotely stuck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The fact is good looking Irish girls are that stuck up they wouldn't lower themselves to going on the tv looking for a date. And all ya have left is a bunch of not so good looking Irish girls and the remainder a few random foreign girls thrown in due to the poor turnout of "snobby" good looking girls.

I love how the topic has turned to slagging off Irish girls who don't go on the show now. That's literally a 'can't-win' situation: go on it and you're a minger/foreigner, don't go on it and you're a snob. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Seomra Mushie

leggo wrote: »
    I love how the topic has turned to slagging off Irish girls who don't go on the show now. That's literally a 'can't-win' situation: go on it and you're a minger/foreigner, don't go on it and you're a snob. :pac:

If I could thank this post twice, I would!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭VagnerLove

it's weird, though.

there are loads of girls here that are good craic, easy to get on with etc, but there are also plenty who have an inflated opinion of themselves and are harder to speak to because of this.

I was watching the late late show back in the week of valentines day and they had some blind date thing going on. the woman basically had no personality and when one of the lads was chosen, acted as if she was disappointed and too good for him. I'm pretty shit when it comes to judging a man's looks, but I didn't think she was out of his league by any stretch.

it's like a lot of women here, even if they're nothing special to look at, can be a bit stuck up. it's bad because obviously there are lots of Irish girls who aren't like that at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,817 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The camera adds 10 lbs not sure how many cameras are on some of them :p (I stole that joke from Friends)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The camera adds 10 lbs not sure how many cameras are on some of them :p (I stole that joke from Friends)

:eek: meeeeeowwwww! :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

i dont fancy him at all. I must be fussy

Advertisement