Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't add MySQL User in CPanel

Options
  • 11-04-2010 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

I am trying to install a WordPress blog onto a website. It is an organisation which I am involved with and basically it has been delegated to me to start building a newer website.

However, I have run into a major problem. When I try to establish a new MySQL Database in CPanel the database is established OK, but it is impossible for me to create a user. I create the user and give a password, I click create user and it gives me a confirmation of the user and my password implying that the user has been created. However, when I go back to add that user to the database no names appear.

I have no idea what is wrong. Perhaps someone would have some advice? One thing I thought might have happened is that perhaps the current webmaster has only given me limited access to CPanel? But I do seem to have a fairly generic username (eg what would seem to be the main username) and it seems I have access to the whole control panel.

Very perplexed - would appreciate any help!

mysql.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You already have a thread in the Development forum. No need to double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

kbannon wrote: »
    You already have a thread in the Development forum. No need to double post
    Indeed. We'll keep things there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement