Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wma Question

• 15-11-2005 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭

How Can one convert WMAs to work on i-tunes on a mac?Or else is there a version of windows media player available on mac that lets u burn audio cds?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Probably the easiest way for you would be to convert to mp3. I thought I-tunes let you rip from cds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

AFAIK the latest iTunes supports WMA, unless of course it contains DRM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭maccor

just get windows media player for th mac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭w3b5t3r

little app called easyWma - you'll get it on versiontracker.com - works a treat if you want to convert from wma to mp3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Junior

Got easyWMA Demo Version only converts the first 12 seconds of the file for me ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Sacrilege !!! Converting from one compressed format to another will destroy the quality - remember Sony player "supporting" .mp3 ? 'nuff said ! Still if you're determined you could use Audio Hijack to re-record the audio.

VLC supports .wma as does MAudio Player and of course Microsoft Mediaplayer for Mac.

I've not tried .wma in iTunes Mac but on the PC version it converts windows media files to mp3 format before playing them or adding them to the library.

ZEN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Yeah for leastquality loss i'd re record.
    I haven't tried audio hijacj, i use audacity - open source audio editor its handy. grand for anything soundforgey, just free.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭diarmy

Go and get one of your mates' computers (or presumably your old Windows machine). Download and install iTunes (for Windows) and add the files to iTunes and it will convert them immediately. Then transfer the new files back to your mac. Simple!

You may need to change the import settings on the iTunes on the Windows machine as it imports by default, WMAs as AAC (which is fine) but if you want MP3 just change it there.

iTunes is the best thing for importing WMAs to MP3 and is a great media player anyway. Just note that you can ONLY convert WMAs to MP3 with iTunes when it's on a WINDOWS machine - not a mac!

diarmy

Advertisement