Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Travelling to Belgian grand prix

• 28-06-2015 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭tomgaa

hey guys,

basically id like to get peoples views o experiences on this. iv gone to a trave agent and got a package for the belgian grand prix.... flights, accomadation, coach transfers from airport to hotel and track for 900€ PP, now its cheaper to book everything yourself but im just wondering will it take from the experience or the possibility of making a mistake by trying to book everything seperatly, we would be staying in brussels... whats peoples experience of this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I made my own way to the Belgian GP a good number of years ago (15???) and the only difficulty was public transport away from the event after it finished.

When going on the Friday we got the train to Spa and then a bus to near the circuit. We stayed in Malady and walked to the circuit for qualifying and race, and as it happened blagged a lift back to a train station on the way to Liege on the way home.

Not sure how much this helps you, but we had fun winging it compared to going to Monza the year previously on an all in package.

We got the ferry and drove across, it was brilliant. :P Obviously depends on other people going but if you miss out on the campsite and the general atmosphere because you're coming or going I'd say you're missing a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Generally it's well sorted but getting away on sunday evening can be a bit of a circus. As there is a lot of traffic going towards northern france and the ports from belgium and I found they close some roads and put in divetsions to manage this so you might be sent around a bit of a scenic route.

Other than that excellent gp to experience so long as you allow sensible amount of time for your travel.

Generally it's well sorted but getting away on sunday evening can be a bit of a circus. As there is a lot of traffic going towards northern france and the ports from belgium and I found they close some roads and put in divetsions to manage this so you might be sent around a bit of a scenic route.

Other than that excellent gp to experience so long as you allow sensible amount of time for your travel.

Found it a lovely spin tbh, 45 minutes to get to the motorway going through mountain-ish villages and houses on cliffs next to the road. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

900 pp ... Jesus Christ

Just book a flight and rent a car, get an AirBNB close by.

Pitch Tickets are Grand IMO:
    http://www.spafrancorchamps.nl/#product_addtocart_form

Just bring a Picnic Blanket and get some food in a local Del Haize or Carrefour.

• Advertisement
Advertisement