Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

budget on dec 7th

Options
  • 06-11-2010 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

Why the hell is the budget on wed dec 7th - two and a half weeks before xmas - instead of wed dec 1st. Are they afraid that some people might be happy at xmas time and they want to make sure we all have a miserable one.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What difference will 7 days make? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

it will be miserable with or without the budget

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Because having it on the 1st would make no difference either!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Why the hell is the budget on wed dec 7th - two and a half weeks before xmas - instead of wed dec 1st. Are they afraid that some people might be happy at xmas time and they want to make sure we all have a miserable one.

I would have thought the 6,000,000,000 in cuts would have made more of a difference than the 7 days TBH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

Wednesday, December 7th?

Doesn't compute, unless they're holding off the budget till 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

the 7th is a tuesday
    and haven't they always held it on the first tuesday of december which that date is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

The free cheese will make it easier to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The budget should be in October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

the 7th is a tuesday
    and haven't they always held it on the first tuesday of december which that date is

No it was always on on a wednesday - the first wednesday of december.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I'm actually looking forward to it in a perverse sort of self-destructive way. When I see the upcoming budget I keep thinking of this scene ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

What difference will 7 days make? :confused:

A week's difference.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

bonerm wrote: »
    I'm actually looking forward to it in a perverse sort of self-destructive way. When I see the upcoming budget I keep thinking of this scene ...

Quite possibly the best movie ever made (IMO of course)
    Please return your seat backs
    to their full upright and locked position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

its to keep all the culchies out of dublin. the traditional exodus towards dublin on the 8th wont happen because the bugdet will leave everyone broke the day before and dublin will stay clean instead of being covered in cow shit and smelling like turf

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

its to keep all the culchies out of dublin. the traditional exodus towards dublin on the 8th wont happen because the bugdet will leave everyone broke the day before and dublin will stay clean instead of being covered in cow shit and smelling like turf

Ah farmers day, that absolute worst day to be working in retail, how I loathed being asked for "Richie Kavanagh vidjos" in an age where we hadnt sold VHS in about 4 years. "Sure we dont have a day-vee-day player!" Anyone who got Dec 8th as their scheduled day off was hated for the rest of the year, avoiding the smell of cabbage around the shop, lucky bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I hate the budget!

Home and Away is always cancelled that day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I hate the budget!
    Home and Away is always cancelled that day
    Home and Away should be cancelled every day! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

If they dragged it out like those bye-elections we'd all be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

They should give the budget on Christmas day. Smash up their holidays nicely. Execution for all those that fail to attend or vote with FF.

Advertisement