Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Banned from Soccer forum

• 18-06-2015 12:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭

Apologies for what could be a long post but here goes:

I was banned today for accumulating warnings in the Soccer forum, i feel this was ridiculously unfair when you consider what i received cards for.

On the 28/4 i received a warning from the mod ''Mickeroo'' for ''Trolling'' for simply saying ''PS, NO AGGRESSION IN THIS POST'' . This was done in response to numerous posters constantly accusing me of being aggressive without any validation. Mickeroo was horribly unprofessional in his approach to my replies to him, i realise this is a voluntary position but a bit of professional decorum wouldnt have gone amiss here. Upon receiving this warning, i instead put the text in my signature at the bottom of my posts and no more was said about it which i find strange.

My second card came on 3/6 from ''Lord TSC'' for being uncivil. Apparently calling someone out for not being a Liverpool fan who constantly refers to the club as ''US'' coupled with me saying someone ''should be ashamed to call themselves a Liverpool fan'' and calling someone ''princess'' are me being uncivil. Im sorry, i didnt realise i was dealing with children here. Yet again, another ridiculous card. I have been called far worse and constantly had posters sniping at me hoping for a reaction since i started posting in the Soccer forum because i dont agree with what they are saying yet nothing is done to those posters, probably because they fit into the clique element which is obviously at play in that forum.

Which brings me to today, i received a card for 3 words. ''Obvious is obvious''. I was accused of backseat modding for posting that. I said a poster with a history of doing so had posted an image in the Liverpool thread hoping to get a reaction. At no point did i ''backseat mod'' or call him a ''troll'' yet here i am with another ridiculous card.

I have PM'd Lord TSC who told me to take my issue here. Of course i am not expecting anything to happen with this because the moderation team have made their feelings on me quite well known already.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can you firstly confirm which card(s) you are disputing.

Please note I will have limited access until tomorrow evening which will make it difficult to dig into the background before then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Beasty wrote: »
    Can you firstly confirm which card(s) you are disputing.

Please note I will have limited access until tomorrow evening which will make it difficult to dig into the background before then

All of them to be honest, as I said to Lord TSC today, I have had issues with all of them but today was the last straw.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,196 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Firstly, could you forward any PMs you have received from mods, either in connection with the 3 yellow cards you are disputing, or otherwise warning you about your posting in the forum

Beasty wrote: »
    Firstly, could you forward any PMs you have received from mods, either in connection with the 3 yellow cards you are disputing, or otherwise warning you about your posting in the forum

How do I do this? Will I post them here?

No - for now just use the "forward PM" funtion as I would like to see what direct warnings you have received about your posting in the forum - at least one of your warning notificatiosn refers to a PM sent by the mod with more info

Thanks

• Advertisement

Just sent them, I think I did it right.

Bear in mind my main annoyance here, it is explicitly stated in the charter that off topic posting in threads is against the rules yet the topic of conversation in the LIVERPOOL thread for weeks has been what posters had for breakfast , those posts aren't deleted or punished in anyway.

OK, thanks for those. Sorry I was not a bit clearer, but could you also forward copies of any PMs you sent to the mods in connection with those yellows

In terms of your comment about other posts within that thread, I am here to deal with your dispute which relates to yellow cards issued in connection with posts you have made in the Liverpool superthread(s). I am certainly not going to be looking at anything here that does not directly relate to those cards. If you have any issue with other posts report them (although clearly you are unable to do so while banned from the relevant forum).

Thanks for forwarding those additional PMs.

I will provide responses on each of the yellow cards separately. Given you are contesting 3 of them, one of which was issued a couple of months ago, I may need to go through quite a bit of background to put those yellow cards into context.

First yellow - issued 28/04/15
    This incident started with this post
    You really are the worst kind of fan aren't you? Constant negativity, what's to say we don't win tonight and again at the weekend while United drop more points? You offer up constant negatives against the club yet offer nothing positive towards it, you want manager and players out but haven't offered any realistic replacements.

PS, NO AGGRESSION IN THIS POST
    Now actually the first sentence is an example of attacking the poster rather than the post although you were not actioned in connection with that post

Over the next hour or so you made 4 further posts in the same thread with exactly the same tagline
    PS, NO AGGRESSION IN THIS POST
    The mod gave a yellow in respect of the final example with the message
    the bolded parts in your last few posts are designed to wind people up even more than you're already doing as far as I can see.

I fully agree with the mod's analysis here, and there is plenty of evidence within the thread (and indeed in connection with posts of yours that were reported) that you did wind up posters. I would add that your use of capitals and bold font actually came across as aggressive posting in my own view. Not only that, but you were essentially spamminmg your message. You can do that via your signature (which you have now done) but not in-thread (and posters can switch off sigs to avoid viewing such spam).

Looking at the sequence of events I think you were quite lucky to only pick up one yellow there, and I am certainly upholding the one you did receive

I'm not going to waste much time on your second card issued on 2/6/15 in connection with this post
    Oh ffs.

Are you simple? They got beaten on away goals in a 2nd round game, we didn't get through a group with Basle and Ludogorets while they were beating the mighty Dortmund
    The first sentence is clear abuse of another poster and if I had dealt with it I would have issued a red card. Couching it as a question is irrelevant - you were essentially insulting another user by calling them "simple"

• Advertisement

3rd card 18/6/15
    In connection with this post
    Can we discuss the incident instead of complaining about a United fan posting a picture he knew would get a reaction? Obvious is obvious.
    The term "obvious is obvious" is clearly accusing another user of trolling, and that's backseat modding. Couching it in those terms in now way takes away from the intent. Indeed your statement that "he knew would get a reaction" further supports the fact you were essentially accusing a user of trolling, which is in breach of the forum charter

I am therefore upholding this card also

Hence all 3 cards stand, although you can ask an Admin to review my decisions if you wish

I would though now turn to your 2 week ban. As I have already mentioned I think one of your yellows should actually have been a red. You are still in your probation period in the forum and a single red would usually result in a 3 month ban and recommencement of probation on your return. Equally though 3 yellows also result in a similar 3 month ban, but the mod incorrectly applied the 2 week ban applicable to posters who are through their probation period

Just to add, I have noted a very high number of your posts in the forum have been reported by a large number of different posters. You are certainly are winding up a lot of posters in the forum and need to reassess your posting style while you take a break from the forum.

I am therefore going to increase your ban to the 3 months that should have applied, but also lay down an extra condition. If on your return you pick up another 3 yellows or single red in your probationary period, rather than a 3 month ban in line with the charter I would be looking for your permanent removal from the forum as it would be clear that you really a liability who is disruptive within the forum and takes up far too much mod time

So essentially what you have said is that the mod in question hasn't a clue how to implement the correct bans? Doesn't say much for him does it?

They did not realise you were still on probation.

Would you like an Admin to review my decision? If not I'll go ahead and change your ban to 3 months

I won't waste my own time by asking for an administrator to look at it, I'm not part of the clique so the result would be inevitable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement