Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Endurance Racing 2015+

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

Dalla Lana finally caught up with himself. Nearly binned it 3 or 4 times during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Dalla Lana finally caught up with himself. Nearly binned it 3 or 4 times during the night.

Be interested to see it close up though, looks like it wouldn't turn right, maybe something broke.

rizzodun wrote: »
    Be interested to see it close up though, looks like it wouldn't turn right, maybe something broke.

Does look like it. Sort of like the Nissan this morning, back when one of them was actually running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Looks like it could have something as simple as pressing the wrong peddle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,488 ✭✭✭Killinator

Turned into a race to forget for Aston.

Mc Dreamy looks set for a podium :)

• Advertisement

Celebrating watching the entire 24 Hours without a break with the trackside drink of choice :)

Killinator wrote: »
    Celebrating watching the entire 24 Hours without a break with the trackside drink of choice :)

56018025.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Shane_ef wrote: »
    56018025.jpg

Murphy Prototypes #48 about to get their best finish at Le Mans, I'd say Greg probably thinks he's dreaming alright

CHdnQGSXAAAL-Lb.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Great race! absolutely flawless race from the #19 crew

wonder if Nico really fancies another year in the mid pack of F1 when he could be doing this instead

• Advertisement

CHdojXGWsAAHiZR.jpg:large

Nico once again proves that he deserves a seat at motorsports top table, and at least if no F1 team feels he's worth a punt then he'll have no problem getting a drive in the current real pinnacle of Motorsport.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Hopefully the F1 schedule works again next year, he'll have to come back now.

Porsche won its first Le Mans 24hr on this day in 1970.

It's been a pleasure folks, same time next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Well, it looks like Kolles got his wish of finishing in front of the Nissans.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

I have to say although an avid f1 fan who only switched on Le Mans at 10pm last night to see how Hulkenberg (and to a lesser extent Anthony Davidson) was doing I am hooked. The cars are amazing and so robust.

I ended up with no sleep watching it throughout the night and until it finished. The nighttime racing was enthralling to watch. Anyone know which car it was that drove back to the pits with no lights after bouncing off the walls?

piperh wrote: »
    Anyone know which car it was that drove back to the pits with no lights after bouncing off the walls?

think that was the #31 Esm Ligier LMP2

That feeling when your at the furthest point from the next LM24 :(

Grim. wrote: »

Yep.

CHauM08UsAAe8tO.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Thank you that's great been bugging me all afternoon lol. Good bit of skill on his and others drivers parts avoiding a nasty accident.

As a newbie to endurance racing I'm looking forward to more.

The Kolles CLM was excluded from results for having a driver under their declared weight thus meening the car was not carrying the required ballast.

After battling so hard to complete the race and then this comes up, that's a shockingly novice mistake to make.

Killinator wrote: »
    The Kolles CLM was excluded from results for having a driver under their declared weight thus meening the car was not carrying the required ballast.

After battling so hard to complete the race and then this comes up, that's a shockingly novice mistake to make.

Such a simple oversight :confused:

Quick question for yourself and the brother, how does the coverage you would have had access to last year (trackside) and the coverage you had this year (couchside from RLM and eurosport) compare

I know there is nothing like being there tho :D

Shane_ef wrote: »
    Such a simple oversight :confused:

Quick question for yourself and the brother, how does the coverage you would have had access to last year (trackside) and the coverage you had this year (couchside from RLM and eurosport) compare

I know there is nothing like being there tho :D

The ONLY plus side of watching it on tv and having live timing available via the Web is that you always know what's going on in the various classes, plus the commentators constantly give a good oversight of what's going on strategy wise.
    Knowing a car is 55 seconds ahead but owes a fuel stop which will place it just ahead or behind its rival is great to know.

With that said, for €5 (or maybe it was €10) you can buy a small earpiece radio trackside that plays RLM(still have mine), so you're not missing much or you can check up what's going on all the time.

So ya, sitting at home might be comfier and cheaper but give me standing in the cold by the Porsche curves anytime.

EDIT: one can never compensate for the lack of availability of both churros and crepes at home :D

Also forgot to mention that there are big screens at all the viewing locations around the track which are handy for car positions/incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Got home last night after the 1250km drive from LM. Great event as usual, getting bigger every year, perfect camping weather apart from the 3 hour long electric storm on Thursday night!

I'll route through the photos and post a few later. Some amazing performances from drivers and teams alike, the dry weather and relatively few incidents meant guys had to push hard all day and night and the distance record was close to being broken. Great jobs from Porsche P1 and their winning novice crew, Corvette, Dempsey Racing, Andre Lotterer, Brendon Hartley, SMP and many more. MurphysMen were unlucky but did great with an old car, cant wait to see them with an Oreca 05!

Comical levels of grip and acceleration

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The cornering ability and breaking stand out. It's almost like a bad driving game the way it just corners at speed.

For anyone interested, There's delayed 'as-live' coverage of today's ELMS round on Motors Tv.

Edit: started at 8pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Is the whinny noise the hybrid system kicking in?

It handles like a go-kart!

Advertisement