Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland ranked fifth best country for quality of life

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

quality of life in ireland is great compared to a lot of other countries in fairnes

everyone goes to college pretty much - so therefore we're going to rank above a lot of other countries where a lot of people finish school and straight to work in the local supermarket or onto social welfare... how many irish people leave school after the junior like - it's become part of our culture to get an education - which comes across in these polls

how much crime is there in ireland - feck all in all fairness - a bit of petty stuff, bit of drug dealing here and there but last time i checked if you get rid of a few estates in limerick and a few in dublin there's virtually no gang culture in ireland - compare that to england, usa, anywhere else basically... coming good in the polls again..

wages - well we all know we get a **** load of wages because everything costs about 10 times more than anywhere else but the polls just see big wages so CHECK

life expectancy is high - 80+ speaks for itself... CHECK

dunno what else is taken into account in these things - but if you look at it Ireland is a pretty good country to live in if we could get a government and a set of bankers in place that weren't out to line their own pockets - if we could get an honest government in place I don't there'd be too many people crying about having to live in ireland in all fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 4,615 ✭✭✭maninasia

Ginger Nut wrote: »
    There is "scumbags" everywhere.

Eh no there 'is' not scumbags everywhere. Lots of countries have no scumbag problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

maninasia wrote: »
    Eh no there 'is' not scumbags everywhere. Lots of countries have no scumbag problem...

Which countries have no scumbag problem? And what is your definition of scumbag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

KINGVictor wrote: »
    Hmm....

I can relate with your assertion that there is a lot of state control relative to other parts of Europe , for instance, by law every person in the state must be officially registered by the police and every house must have a card at the door of the building indicating all occupants that are over 16 and also by law, every person resident in the state is expected to carry a state registration card at all times. So essentially, if you are stopped by the police and you do not have it in your possession at the time, you will spend the next 24 hours in a police cell irrespective of your status- including Belgian citizens (Although this is at the discretion of the poilce officer).

:eek: Just :eek::eek:

Noreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭PatsytheNazi

I see according to the article that the UK is 26th :eek: " Ireland ranked ahead of Canada in eighth place, Germany in 10th place and the UK, which slipped to 26th. "

• Advertisement
Advertisement