Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest Traktor LE?

• 25-11-2011 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get a copy of this without buying Native Instruments products. I have Traktor Pro, just too CPU intensive for my wee laptop and I cannot stand Virtual DJ so maybe a light version such as LE might do the trick..

Anyone ?? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

You could just remove most of the FX bank from TP in the preferences window ;) which will reduce the CPU drastically.

Delay, Reverb and Keylock are the main system hogs on Traktor, key lock being the worst offender, you might want to set the keylock quality to low and increase latency.

I used to have Traktor Pro running on a Lenovo S10 netbook without any issues and everything turned on though.

If its still "chugging" when you turn off everything .. try out Mixxx 1.9. Its completely free and the new version has decent timecode support, skins, sample decks and runs on pretty much anything including cheap low powered netbooks.

What spec is your lappie ? .. are you leaving wifi, bluetooth turned on ... it makes a big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

Cheers very helpful :) It used to crash alot and audio was very distorted and crackling the whole time so I removed it from the laptop, but will try it out again maybe, using your tips. Also will try the free one you mentioned.

Laptop is about 4 years old and is over the hill to be honest, getting a new one soon so it shouldn't be a problem then, but just looking for something to tie me over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Cheers very helpful It used to crash alot and audio was very distorted and crackling the whole time so I removed it from the laptop, but will try it out again maybe, using your tips. Also will try the free one you mentioned.

Sounds like you have an actual issue with the laptop and not an issue with Traktor TBH.

I was using Traktor Pro on my 900mhz Celeron Asus EEE 2gigs ram that long ago without any probs but with a pro sound card.

Video below is of 3.3, but upgraded to 1.2pro pretty soon after.

Not to accuse you of anything, but IF you are by any chance using a cracked version of Traktor Pro, you will most likely have issues like you describe also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

was.deevey wrote: »
    Cheers very helpful It used to crash alot and audio was very distorted and crackling the whole time so I removed it from the laptop, but will try it out again maybe, using your tips. Also will try the free one you mentioned.

Sounds like you have an actual issue with the laptop and not an issue with Traktor TBH.

I was using Traktor Pro on my 900mhz Celeron Asus EEE 2gigs ram that long ago without any probs but with a pro sound card.

Video below is of 3.3, but upgraded to 1.2pro pretty soon after.

Not to accuse you of anything, but IF you are by any chance using a cracked version of Traktor Pro, you will most likely have issues like you describe also.

/\

This, before I bought Traktor I had these issues....

Advertisement