Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Spotted a mistake on http://www.boards.ie/vote? Let us know here

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Ghost Estate

2 missing candidates for Cork East I think. They are both CPPC or CCPC or something

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Lynfo

Longford/Westmeath

David D'arcy (Ind) isn't showing as a candidate.

http://twitter.com/davefordail

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 chandira

Not a mistake per se, but it looks like the voting for Dublin South-East has been hijacked by Dylan Haskins' supporters- he's topping the polls. I have no issue with him, but it seems strange that he jumped from bottom of the list on Friday to top today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Hi Chandira, we've been scrutinising voting patterns, email addresses and new registrations closely and we're satisfied there's nothing dodgy going on save perhaps some good old fashioned campaigning...

Hi all,

Thank you so much for your emails and posts here to let us know about errors or omissions in the candidate list.

We'll be updating today and I'll drop a post back here when it's done - your help is very much appreciated.

Darragh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

You have a candidate down as the Carlow/Kilkenny constituency, when he's actually Cavan/Monaghan - Jonathan Rainey.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Meabh1

Darragh wrote: »
    Hi all,

Thank you so much for your emails and posts here to let us know about errors or omissions in the candidate list.

We'll be updating today and I'll drop a post back here when it's done - your help is very much appreciated.

Darragh

Cllr John Foley is also running as an Independent Candidate
    in laois Offaly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

2011 Candidates (declared so far) as per RTE

Eamon Blaney (Ind)
    Tommy Broughan (Lab)
    Terence Flanagan (FG)
    Brian Greene (SP)
    David Healy (GP)
    Sean Kenny (Lab)
    Michael Larkin (CSP)
    Larry O'Toole (SF)
    Averil Power (FF)

http://newvision.ie/wordpress/candidates/eamonn-blaney-dublin-ne/

He deserves to get elected for being a cool guy

Edit - you can get a photo here http://www.eamonnblaney.com/wordpress/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

Fiona Irwin is the Green party candidate in Meath West and is not listed.

Ruairí Holohan is the only Green Party candidate in Dublin North West. See official candidate list here: http://www.vote.greenparty.ie/candidates

You can get a photo of the Louth Green Party candidate Mark Dearey here.

You can get a photo of the Mayo Green Party candidate John Carey here.

You can get a photo of the Meath Green Party candidate Seán Ó Buachalla here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Can someone tell me how many new posters registered just to vote in this poll. I think all votes by persons registering on or after the 03 Feb 2011 or with 0 posts if registered prior to then should be discarded.

Any chance of a heads up of what has happened since the poll opened Darragh....one would not want to be a conduit for <cough> mischief :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Michael Colreavy - Sligo / North Leitrim

Please add the twitter Account

http://twitter.com/MichaelColreavy

and the following Image to this candidate

Michael-Colreavy-Offical-Pic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Can someone tell me how many new posters registered just to vote in this poll. I think all votes by persons registering on or after the 03 Feb 2011 or with 0 posts if registered prior to then should be discarded.
    I don't think so. Unless we know that a particular registrant is a multi-reg, then the vote cast by the account is as valid as any other, whether it has 50 posts or 50,000 and whether it was registered in 2001 or 2011.

There is a possible side-effect in this poll in that to a certain extent we want the numbers to be influenced by influxes of members from elsewhere. Provided that they're largely one person-one account affairs, then all they're doing is increasing the accuracy of the vote.

Let's say that the FF contingent have largely stayed away from boards due to whatever "agenda" they perceive to be here. And let's say that their haunt of choice is p.ie (just an example, I'm not making any comments about p.ie). If they were to sign up here en masse, or use dormant accounts to vote, then they're not invalid votes.

It is important that boards is the largest Irish community site in this regard. If people are coming from a FF-biased site to pump up the results, then it's fair to say that people are also coming from most of the other sites in order to make their voices heard. This has the effect of removing biase from the boards vote instead of skewing it. The more individuals who vote, regardless of their location or membership, the more accurate the poll becomes.

Jeez Séamus, politics.ie is a zoo not a discussion forum . Easy known you are not a politics mod. :)

If an 'influx' came in from that place this forum alone would need 20 moderators going 24/7 to maintain order.

Irrespective of parity of opinion and whether boards wants to attract new members I would still like to know how many Pre Feb 3 0 post users have voted and how many new members have registered and voted irrespective of post count...and of course which candidates benefitted from that influx and whether there is a pattern which is in any way distortative ....eg FFers signing up to vote as you posited.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're content that while there may be some campaign-supporters-encouragement going on there doesnt seem to be a concerted effort to game the system. This could be because we are watching it like hawks and they dont want to accused of "ballot-stuffing" or it could be because at 7500 votes it would take a herculean effort to move the results. Far too many accounts would be needed with valid email addresses for each.

This is part poll, part social experiment... I'm addicted to it :)

Keep the error reports coming, they are hugely useful to us and we will correct things as fast as possible.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

SB... we're going to do some fun analysis along those sorts of lines, theres one on the voting patterns of new users since friday in the feedback thread for example :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Questions (from an IT nerd perspective, just like to satisfy my curiosity). If I was to vote outside my constituency, what would happen, would it just remember the last constituency I vote in and disregard the rest? Also, I'm assuming voting isn't limited to those with a listed age on their profiles of 18 or above?

Really fascinating experiment, alright!

Any chance of a heads up of what has happened since the poll opened Darragh....one would not want to be a conduit for <cough> mischief :)

We're monitoring this. When we're ready to make those details public, I will :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Thomas_B

Info for the Green candidate in Limerick City is wrong.

It's Sheila CAHILL, not Kelly

Website here (with links to twitter and facebook) and photos available here.

Darragh wrote: »
    We're monitoring this. When we're ready to make those details public, I will :)

I will take your word and Devs word on it Darragh. Thank you for setting my mind at ease :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I will take your word and Devs word on it Darragh. Thank you for setting my mind at ease :)

LOL :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsf8Or_a39Vw6Ud2w2s_uPjxgiN88uwZRqMypHSgttlnXfltoy

• Advertisement

Dublin North-West, John Lyons listed as Labour, profile says People Before Profit. Bit of a mix up somewhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

He's People Before Profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

no he is defo labour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 CU-Cme

I am hoping to set up a website and link soon. Apologies for the delay but my party have been involved in a number of legal challenges regarding the registration of our name.

I am having to run as an independent candidate but I am a member of Fis Nua and affiliated with them. We were officialy registered as a political party on 3rd February.

Please find attached a photo of the party logo and of myself for your voting form.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,243 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I got a PM from someone who didn't have the "I've voted in the GE Poll" icon. Should this be put on the left or maybe closer to the vote here button?
    CU-Cme wrote: »
    I am having to run as an independent candidate but I am a member of Fis Nua and affiliated with them. We were officialy registered as a political party on 3rd February.
    How come you have to run as an independent?

If you (not the party) are registered as an independent, then I imagine that's the way you have to be on the poll.

Folks,

As far as I'm aware, we now have the majority of candidates on the site. For any remaining missing details, please use this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=70529745

Thank you very much for your help. It's appreciated.

Darragh

In Galway west Éamon Ó Cuiv will show up on the ballot paper as Cuiv, Éamon Ó

I will try to get a photo of some FF election material that shows this.

no he is defo labour

I know John personally. He is a candidate for People Before Profit. See here if you don't believe me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Is it possible you are getting two different people mixed up

Labour - Dublin North West - John Lyons

PBP - Dublin North Central - John Lyons

• Advertisement

Ah apologies, that's my fault. Dublin North Central's John is who I'm talking about. Assume that's what the initial mix up was about too.

Advertisement