Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tattoo Removal: Cheap laser sessions

• 22-07-2013 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Can someone recommend laser tattoo removal for 40-60 quid a session in Dublin City? Is there such a place as Laser Erase near Mary St?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Ranelite wrote: »
    Can someone recommend laser tattoo removal for 40-60 quid a session in Dublin City? Is there such a place as Laser Erase near Mary St?

I have no idea what Laser Erase is, but Zulu (just off Liffey Street) does laser for 50 euro a session and are very good (I've seen the laser they've done on my friend), and Dublin Ink (I have no idea of the name of the street they're on, bout a 5 minute walk from Temple Bar) do it for 40 euro a session.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I can also vouch for Zulu. Very nice environment and very competent staff. I know both of the guys who do lasering and they're spot on.

I can also vouch for Zulu. Very nice environment and very competent staff. I know both of the guys who do lasering and they're spot on.

I know them both too, and I'd very highly recommend patric :)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Ranelite

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I know them both too, and I'd very highly recommend patric :)

I went to see Patric in Zulu - who actually has a separate operation to the tattoo shop - and he was brilliant. Gave me a good price too.
    I had visited Dublin Ink also who were rude and quoted double. So Patric's the man!

Ranelite wrote: »
    I went to see Patric in Zulu - who actually has a separate operation to the tattoo shop - and he was brilliant. Gave me a good price too.
    I had visited Dublin Ink also who were rude and quoted double. So Patric's the man!

You won't go wrong with him, he's top notch for laser, and a lovely guy too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Thelostcountry

I need to get a tattoo Removed (graps brown bag) any clinics in Midlands??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tristarp

The Vibe in Mullingar do a removal clinic once a month. I have an appointment with them in 2 hours. I've been quoted €50 per session. I have indian ink on my arms, in 4 places, they told me it would take about 8-10 sessions. let me know if you want me to post more information after the session.

tristarp wrote: »
    The Vibe in Mullingar do a removal clinic once a month. I have an appointment with them in 2 hours. I've been quoted €50 per session. I have indian ink on my arms, in 4 places, they told me it would take about 8-10 sessions. let me know if you want me to post more information after the session.

cool! let me know,how it goes...

Thanks.

cool! let me know,how it goes...

Thanks.

Had first session, no pain just as they said, like an elastic band hitting my skin. I can deffo see a difference the morning after and , there's still some redness. I have another appointment for 4 weeks time. From what I can see I think it's going to work for me. As I said mine are india ink with no colours in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

+1 for Patric at Zulu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

To be honest I would avoid Zulu and Patric for lazer removal.

I had a few lazer sessions in a few different places, in one of my lazer removals by Patric he set the lazer to high because I told him it was for a cover up, it resulted in me getting more blisters than usual took nearly twice as long to heal and left me with scarring.

Had more than one person in different studios ask me who had done it because they were appalled.

tristarp wrote: »
    Had first session, no pain just as they said, like an elastic band hitting my skin. I can deffo see a difference the morning after and , there's still some redness. I have another appointment for 4 weeks time. From what I can see I think it's going to work for me. As I said mine are india ink with no colours in them.

Thanks for posting back. was it 50euro for one session? My Tat is done in Black ink too(thank god!) it about 5"x 3" on my forearm!

Jesus Marty, seriously?! No wonder you got the laser finished elsewhere! He's doing a decent job on my friend, but he estimated 8 sessions to her and it's been 15 already, with more to go. Still, healing well and no scarring yet!

Thanks for posting back. was it 50euro for one session? My Tat is done in Black ink too(thank god!) it about 5"x 3" on my forearm!
    Ye..it's €50 per session.the actual laser treatment only took a couple of minutes I have 4 of them, 2 are very small and will prob be gone after a couple of treatments but it will still be €50 each session

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭baron von something

skin city charge me 40 per session now because i've been a few times now.7 so far and i'm happy with the progress.its quite a large tattoo i'm getting removed.sound guys too

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Jesus Marty, seriously?! No wonder you got the laser finished elsewhere! He's doing a decent job on my friend, but he estimated 8 sessions to her and it's been 15 already, with more to go. Still, healing well and no scarring yet!

Yep, as soon as I told him I was getting it lasered for a cover up he put the laser strength up said it wouldn't matter, it clearly did. I normally heal quickly from tattoo's and laser treatments but that one took ages and pretty much the whole thing blistered up badly.

In fairness sessions wise it can be hard to judge how the tattoo will react to the laser treatments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

To be honest I would avoid Zulu and Patric for lazer removal.

I had a few lazer sessions in a few different places, in one of my lazer removals by Patric he set the lazer to high because I told him it was for a cover up, it resulted in me getting more blisters than usual took nearly twice as long to heal and left me with scarring.

Had more than one person in different studios ask me who had done it because they were appalled.

Where did you go in the end Marty?

nm wrote: »
    Where did you go in the end Marty?

I had mine done in a few places due to different circumstances.

Got some done in Zulu, Inkwest in Blanchardstown, Dublin Ink and one in a laser removal clinic.

From my experiences I'd recommend Inkwest for laser removal and Dublin Ink well would have recommended Dublin Ink but Shane in there who used to do the laser removal has since left so not sure who is doing it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

How long should you leave between sessions? A lot of people say 7 weeks and a lot more say 4 weeks.

glued wrote: »
    How long should you leave between sessions? A lot of people say 7 weeks and a lot more say 4 weeks.

Generally it can be 4 to 8 weeks it depends really. On your own body and strength of the laser.

Same way two people could cut there hand in the exact same spot in the same way and one could heal quicker than the other ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

I just got a blast of a picosure laser on a pretty big old tribal on my back there on Sunday in London (nowhere in Ireland does it)

It's looking very promising so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭billyhead

I had mine done in a few places due to different circumstances.

Got some done in Zulu, Inkwest in Blanchardstown, Dublin Ink and one in a laser removal clinic.

From my experiences I'd recommend Inkwest for laser removal and Dublin Ink well would have recommended Dublin Ink but Shane in there who used to do the laser removal has since left so not sure who is doing it now.

Marty,

How much are the sessions in Inkwest and is the parlour located in the shopping center their? Cheers

billyhead wrote: »
    Marty,

How much are the sessions in Inkwest and is the parlour located in the shopping center their? Cheers

It's been a while but it was either 40 or 50. No not in the center but in Blanch Village.

Advertisement